ADVERTISEMENT

Big Lineup shakeup for tonights game

First possession Layden gets the ball but is touching the out of bounds line, I’m sorry but that can’t happen.

First possession Layden gets the ball but is touching the out of bounds line, I’m sorry but that can’t happen.
You also cannot give up a full court inbounds for a layup with 6 seconds left in the quarter, that is not a well coached team at play..... SMDH

Some of Michigan’s 3PTs have been unbelievably sloppy/lucky or by people who do not consistently hit them.

UM 5 ORB, Purdue 4 RB total so far If it weren't for UM 7 TOs we would be getting blown out

Hopeful that Layden is 4/5 with 11 pts and only 5 TOs compared to 9 for UM. Need to keep playing for the rest of the game like we did in 2ndQ. And get a few more rebounds.

Hopeful that Layden is 4/5 with 11 pts and only 5 TOs compared to 9 for UM. Need to keep playing for the rest of the game like we did in 2ndQ. And get a few more rebounds.

Kiser still playing like she is undefended down on the blocks, 6-8 from the field, 2-2 from the line and going for 2 more after the TimeOut, UM 51, Purdue 40

“He’s not wrong…. 🙁”

Yes, we need to get rebounds. I said the same. My point is his posts take a consistently negative viewpoint. (Look at his posts in this thread)

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Yes, we need to get rebounds. I said the same. My point is his posts take a consistently negative viewpoint. (Look at his posts in this thread)

“He’s not wrong…. 🙁”

UM 60, Purdue 44, UM 9 ORB, 27 RBs total... Purdue 2 ORD 13 RBs total.

We are getting beat in EVERY area of the game including fundamentals.... and Woltman is struggling, but Kiser has not scored on her....

Courtney Delk (Moses) basically just said UM is outworking us and showing much more heart by beating us 16-0 on second chance points.

Reactions: Boilerupone
I will make sure to ask Coach Gearlds the reasoning behind bringing Petree off the bench tonight.
Interesting commentators said KG said she needs a spark off the bench. But why do your starters need a spark? Also, interesting that you choose to bench your leading scorer. Don’t understand that coaching decision, at all. And first sub STILL wasn’t Petree. Layden shooting in absence of leading scorer is interesting.

Interesting commentators said KG said she needs a spark off the bench. But why do your starters need a spark? Also, interesting that you choose to bench your leading scorer. Don’t understand that coaching decision, at all. And first sub STILL wasn’t Petree. Layden shooting in absence of leading scorer is interesting.
After PSU KG said the players had not followed the game plan. Pretty easy to guess which two players she was most disappointed in.

I would guess (and that is all it is) that Petree’s benching was disciplinary. Remember after the PSU game that Coach Gearlds said some people were not following the game plan.

Ahh, Michael, you beat me to it.

On the radio Courtney said she wished she saw the Purdue players hate to lose, and she has not seen that this year.............

After PSU KG said the players had not followed the game plan. Pretty easy to guess which two players she was most disappointed in.
I don’t know. The leash she’s allowed Layden to have to be apathetic and indifferent at times, is more damaging to team morale than not following a coach’s instructions during one game. Start your best players and if a pattern develops (like it did with Layden), then bench them. Petree is too valuable to bench. Wonder if there is something else that occurred. Learn deserves minutes.

I don’t know. The leash she’s allowed Layden to have to be apathetic and indifferent at times, is more damaging to team morale than not following a coach’s instructions during one game. Start your best players and if a pattern develops (like it did with Layden), then bench them. Petree is too valuable to bench. Wonder if there is something else that occurred. Learn deserves minutes.
Petree scores a lot of points, but I don't know that she makes us a better team....... Every player from last year but Smith is doing worse from last year so far this season.....and results are about the same as last year, to maybe a little worse. We have just played a softer schedule so far.

Reactions: HoopDad317
Yeah but at her present rate she will soon foul out.
Then play until she fouls out, you don't get bonus points for the fouls you don't use...... if she fouls out a couple of times, she might Learn ;) . As it is, she knows she will never play enough minutes to foul out, so no worries.

• Haha
Petree scores a lot of points, but I don't know that she makes us a better team....... Every player from last year but Smith is doing worse from last year so far this season.....and results are about the same as last year, to maybe a little worse. We have just played a softer schedule so far.
Good points.

Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT