ADVERTISEMENT

Biden prime time speech Thursday

Potential conflict with game time?

giphy.gif

I don’t think we’ll be preempted but if we do have to think we get pushed to another Fox station. But if Penn State gets preempted you might as well give the Senate seat to Oz.

I doubt they will preempt the game on Fox, but probably normal prime time programming will be preempted on other networks.

I wish any political thread immediately sent 10,000 volts to the keyboard or the person typing.
In OP’s defense, he does imply some concern that that game programming might be interrupted. In that sense, it’s not really political. We should all care unless attending the game in person.

I assume Fox will keep the game on, so if anything this probably jacks up viewership for our game and Pit/WVU on the WWL.

I think you're confused. Donald Trump was voted out of office and is no longer president.
If you can’t recognize at this point that Biden, too, has no business leading a nation then perhaps your political bias is a bit too strong. Trump is a moron, but Biden is clueless. Their lack of fitness for the highest office shouldn’t be overlooked merely because you support a particular party. It’s ok to admit neither is qualified.

Reactions: nat100
Generally relegated by Fox to Fox News and Business. Doubt network will cover. The media reporting sounds like a campaign speech description. I have not seen where the speech will be covered by the networks. They are referring to it as a primetime speech since it occurs at 8 pm. Let's play football. I already know that Democrats think Republicans suck. I don't need a speech to learn that.

President Joe Biden will give a primetime speech Thursday from outside Independence Hall, warning about threats to democracy, as he makes a swing of appearances to boost Democrats with roughly two months until the midterm election.

President Joe Biden plans to deliver a prime-time speech Thursday in Philadelphia assailing Republicans for what he regards as their threats to US rights and freedoms, seeking to buoy his own party’s prospects in the upcoming midterm elections.

Last edited:
There was a time, as recently as 15 years ago, that networks would not provide free air time to a President either party for a primetime address on campaign issues two months before an election.
Maybe one party shouldn't keep trying to find ways to circumvent the political process and constantly threaten violence against the government when they don't get their way?

Press Conference Kermit GIF

Maybe one party shouldn't keep trying to find ways to circumvent the political process and constantly threaten violence against the government when they don't get their way?

Press Conference Kermit GIF
Weird comment considering the left discussed disbanding the court after Roe v Wade was overturned. The fringe of both parties is detrimental to this nation. And neither party is showing signs of moderating

This may sound like some kind of conspiracy theory but is Biden an IU fan? Clearly he scheduled this speech in order to steal our big national TV moment.
Well, IU is the galactic center of pedophilia so it would make sense that he is an IU fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT