ADVERTISEMENT

Been a while

Feb 26, 2007
Since I’ve been on here - looks like the same negativity. Loved our D in the first half and the confidence Haarms gained - could go a long way. Carson had an off day close to the rim or it wouldn’t have gotten down to single digits. We played well - I’m excited about Wheeler and Hunter Jr. - I disagree with some who say this season is lost. I think we will continue to develop and be really tough by the BTT!

Since I’ve been on here - looks like the same negativity. Loved our D in the first half and the confidence Haarms gained - could go a long way. Carson had an off day close to the rim or it wouldn’t have gotten down to single digits. We played well - I’m excited about Wheeler and Hunter Jr. - I disagree with some who say this season is lost. I think we will continue to develop and be really tough by the BTT!
Great post. I've been critical of Painter this seaons but a couple on here go too far.

Game to game we are improving and the young players we have are showing promise.

Great post. I've been critical of Painter this seaons but a couple on here go too far.

Game to game we are improving and the young players we have are showing promise.
still see this squad as a 19 - 13 team.

I wouldn't overanalyze this game and make it something that it isn't. This was a game against an inferior opponent. The fact that it wasn't a blowout is more of a reason for concern than a reason for optimism.

I think this team needs a quality win away from Mackey to prove they are legit.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I wouldn't overanalyze this game and make it something that it isn't. This was a game against an inferior opponent. The fact that it wasn't a blowout is more of a reason for concern than a reason for optimism.
The AP has Purdue 35 and Belmont 37...the NET shows them close as well. They will probably make the tourney. They can pass and shoot the ball well...and work on D. The team did not appear to have people that can drive the ball and so there was less switching that Purdue has done against some teams...more help and recover. Purdue went brain dead for a minute being up 21 or so. The D1 has many worse teams...

The AP has Purdue 35 and Belmont 37...the NET shows them close as well. They will probably make the tourney. They can pass and shoot the ball well...and work on D. The team did not appear to have people that can drive the ball and so there was less switching that Purdue has done against some teams...more help and recover. Purdue went brain dead for a minute being up 21 or so. The D1 has many worse teams...
They just beat WKU, who just beat Wisky. Not world beaters, but certainly not push overs either.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
Except for a couple of minute fury by Belmont and a 2 minute lapse by Purdue this would have been a 20 point (plus) blowout. We are showing progress and to me that is enough to create some optimism and to start thinking more positively about this season and the program's direction. I am hoping the Notre Dame game was our season low point and we are improving from there. We definitely look much more comfortable on our home court. Going to need to close out some road game wins to make the tournament. I feel good about this win that many thought wouldn't even happen. After yesterday's humiliation, I am ready for some good news when it comes to our basketball team! The season is not lost!

THey are the top team in their conference. Their top 5 average double digits per game.They just beat UCLA and have been playing well. I heard it said all week, this would be a tough game for us, so now that we won, please stop with why it should of been a blow out. No it wasn't.

THey are the top team in their conference. Their top 5 average double digits per game.They just beat UCLA and have been playing well. I heard it said all week, this would be a tough game for us, so now that we won, please stop with why it should of been a blow out. No it wasn't.

As I said pregame they are an offensive team.....their D was average at best as I expected......and as expected Purdue scored big in the first half......

SO sad that the starters played so poorly in the second half after the frosh played well again....Yea....should have been a blowout.

They are a nice team for their conference. But in our conference they would be a bottom dwellar. UCLA is a dumpster fire so far this year.....so that does not help your point.

I have written on past threads that Purdue is going to be a sitting duck until others than Edwards and Cline score consistantly. Yesterday we saw Haarms post up on multiple occasions and hit 2, 10 foot jumpers. Wheeler, Hunter, Williams also continue to show improvement. I really thought Purdue's best lineup yesterday was Haarms, Wheeler, Edwards, Hunter, And Eastern. It was very athletic, scrappy and mobile. On a side note Sasha continues to look better aswell.

I have written on past threads that Purdue is going to be a sitting duck until others than Edwards and Cline score consistantly. Yesterday we saw Haarms post up on multiple occasions and hit 2, 10 foot jumpers. Wheeler, Hunter, Williams also continue to show improvement. I really thought Purdue's best lineup yesterday was Haarms, Wheeler, Edwards, Hunter, And Eastern. It was very athletic, scrappy and mobile. On a side note Sasha continues to look better aswell.
I would like to see a couple of minutes of Haarms and Tre together, but that is only if they actually practice it. I realize the potential for problems fouls..."maybe" less offense...but would like to see it some. Haarms is really an old time 4 not a 5. Anyway, if it is never practiced due to fouling out concerns...I don't want to see it, but if practiced... ;)

As I said pregame they are an offensive team.....their D was average at best as I expected......and as expected Purdue scored big in the first half......

SO sad that the starters played so poorly in the second half after the frosh played well again....Yea....should have been a blowout.

They are a nice team for their conference. But in our conference they would be a bottom dwellar. UCLA is a dumpster fire so far this year.....so that does not help your point.

They were just in the top 40 in the sagarin ratings (UCLA). I do agree that the starters need to get off to a better start and I have been saying that for weeks. If we get a slow start in big 10 play, teams will be up on us 20 to 0 in a hurry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT