ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball on grass

Mike Leach - IA Wesleyan to Mississippi State

"Someone brought an authentic air raid siren to play after Iowa Wesleyan touchdowns at home games, which is where he first learned the offense under Hal Mumme."

Dad of Purdue volleyball ball player and former Hawkeye Football player DE AJ Epenesa began his career there before heading north to Iowa City.

For good measure, Leach, now the Mississippi State coach, mimicked the sound himself as he lurched his head toward the microphone. "BWUUUUP, BWUUUUP."

"From there, they kinda started calling it the Air Raid," Leach said during the news conference. "And I'm kinda credited with the idea to call it that because I said, 'Well, hey, we could call it the Air Raid.'

Last time Iowa and Purdue played in West Lafayette it was a 38-36 shootout.

What will 2020 bring in the Big Ten opener in 17 days?

Iowa final game of 2019 was a shoot out for the Hawkeyes!

Mike Leach - IA Wesleyan to Mississippi State

"Someone brought an authentic air raid siren to play after Iowa Wesleyan touchdowns at home games, which is where he first learned the offense under Hal Mumme."

Dad of Purdue volleyball ball player and former Hawkeye Football player DE AJ Epenesa began his career there before heading north to Iowa City.

For good measure, Leach, now the Mississippi State coach, mimicked the sound himself as he lurched his head toward the microphone. "BWUUUUP, BWUUUUP."

"From there, they kinda started calling it the Air Raid," Leach said during the news conference. "And I'm kinda credited with the idea to call it that because I said, 'Well, hey, we could call it the Air Raid.'

Last time Iowa and Purdue played in West Lafayette it was a 38-36 shootout.

What will 2020 bring in the Big Ten opener in 17 days?

Iowa final game of 2019 was a shoot out for the Hawkeyes!

328 offensive yards, a new record!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT