ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo to Indiana

Love how the shooting gets worse in gloomington by the day. Their new pg is a horrible 3 pt shooter and ballo is a terrible ft shooter. Pack the paint again!
Banners - none of em. Pack whatever you want and hang a paint packing banner. Probably the only banner you will ever see.

We will keep hanging national title banners.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
I HONESTLY feel sorry for this Bannerless dude. Seems like he has a miserable existence. I’d say he needs those banners worse than we do to have something worthwhile in his life. Wish him well….

IU is buying a stacked roster. Pretty crazy to think about how much they are allegedly spending. You can't blame kids for wanting a piece of that.

On paper they will be picked to win the B1G and be pre season top 10.

Now, what Woodson does with that talent is another story. I do think adding Rice and another high profile guard will help their roster construction. Chemistry and managing/motivating 7 kids that were just handed 500,000 -1000000 million dollars will be the challenge.

I still prefer the way Painter is doing it as a fan. I like watching the same guys develop over several years. Will be interesting to watch the contrasting philosophies of building from within vs buying free agents over the next 2-3 years.
Ballos stats are identical to ware who came on strong at the end of the season. Will ballos stats improve sharing the court with Mgbako and Renau and drawing attention down low due to lack of guards who can shoot? A team that averaged less than 5 3s replaces 0.6 per game with someone who has never hit one. And the two new guards hit 27% and 32% from 3.

Ballo = Ware (at best)
Rice = X (except worse from 3)
No depth in frontcourt (yet)

I’m not sure they are really much better.

Ballos stats are identical to ware who came on strong at the end of the season. Will ballos stats improve sharing the court with Mgbako and Renau and drawing attention down low due to lack of guards who can shoot? A team that averaged less than 5 3s replaces 0.6 per game with someone who has never hit one. And the two new guards hit 27% and 32% from 3.

Ballo = Ware (at best)

Ballo is a better rebounder and worse in every other category. Can’t shoot more than 5ft, can’t hit 3s and def can’t hit FTs and can’t defend the PnR. He’s a bit better than Pharell Payne (only due to this being his fifth year)…although Payne put up better numbers than Ballo did as a soph.

Man both those guys came back only to be recruited over. Show loyalty to the school and they reward you by reducing your mins.
Haha it’s funny how terrified you are.

Galloway already communicated he was good with a bench role.

You know how I know you’re scared? I am once again owning your board. Everyone wants to reply to me! This is such an easy game with you guys.

• Haha
The only number that matters is 5-0.

5 times our season ended with the ultimate goal. 0 times for you. You wouldn’t trade anything if you had those 5 banners and you know that.

Quit acting like your okay being forever losers!
What do you remember most fondly about the Championships? Did you attend in person or watch on TV? Which did you enjoy watching most? 1987, 1981? 1976? I went in 1976.

We’ve seen this story before time and time again. I think it may be IUs 30th straight offseason championship in a row…anyways That’s a lot of money for a fifth year center who is only good cuz “he’s tall”.

Not Sure how he fits the team, as him and Reneau clog the lane and will be one of the worst FT shooting front courts. I guess he helps with rebounding. But they still Need to add some shooters because they have yet to address that problem from last year.
They might try and run the Purdue scheme of last year....big problem....no shooters.

IU fans acting like NIL equals wins. That bunch is just laughable.

What do you remember most fondly about the Championships? Did you attend in person or watch on TV? Which did you enjoy watching most? 1987, 1981? 1976? I went in 1976.
Come on...this isn't serious. They don't have a NC coach still living. Hell, RMK left IU almost 25 years ago. There's a reason they wear clown plants.

Reactions: z_one and Monk1014
Here we go again with the old banner argument.

Purdue people aren’t intelligent enough to know that they have zero in anyone’s existence. We could have 5 one hundred years ago and your bannerless drought still is longer. It’s infinite. As in never won one.

So the question is, who that has ever existed on earth remembers anything about any of Purdues titles.

Well that answer is no one because they are a worthless program and can’t win anything.

And for the 10th time today. You are owned.

• Haha
News flash, you have to actually be able to get into the tournament before you'll have the chance to win it, LOL.

Tough to do with a 2nd tier B1G program.
5 titles. You have zero. So it’s funny trying to educate someone who has done something 5 times that you haven’t been able to accomplish once.

You take your approach to zero titles, if that works for you being a lifetime loser. I’ll keep taking my approach and hanging banners.

Get a banner before you talk to me bud.

• Haha
5 titles. You have zero. So it’s funny trying to educate someone who has done something 5 times that you haven’t been able to accomplish once.

You take your approach to zero titles, if that works for you being a lifetime loser. I’ll keep taking my approach and hanging banners.

Get a banner before you talk to me bud.
Purdue has been ranked in the top 10 for like 3 years straight. Except for the beginning of the 2022 season for the first 2 week. Even then it was top 25. You wish IU had the recent success that Purdue has. I would rather have the recent success we have had than to have won a championship 40 years ago and be terrible like IU has been the past 10 years.

Reactions: z_one and Roeder
Purdue has been ranked in the top 10 for like 3 years straight. Except for the beginning of the 2022 season for the first 2 week. Even then it was top 25. You wish IU had the recent success that Purdue has. I would rather have the recent success we have had than to have won a championship 40 years ago and be terrible like IU has been the past 10 years.
Yeah and that’s an absolute loser mentality. Screw it, I don’t want to win the big game.

Well your school isn’t capable, so thats just your fall back argument. And if you remember, IU advanced further last year. You know, when you bums lost to the worst team in the history of the tournament by a long shot. Not only lost but got absolutely manhandled and embarrassed.

Haha Purdue is so pathetic, now they don’t even care about winning a National title. That’s what you’re saying. Haha there ya go, if you can’t do it, act like you don’t want it. The old can’t beat them, join them scenario.

You would probably rather have 5 straight big ten titles than 1 natty and missing the tourney the other 4 years. And that makes you an absolute loser. If you’re not the last team standing at the end of it. You lost. We’ve been the last team standing 5 times.

Damn it’s almost too easy to own you.

• Haha
Yeah and that’s an absolute loser mentality. Screw it, I don’t want to win the big game.

Well your school isn’t capable, so thats just your fall back argument. And if you remember, IU advanced further last year. You know, when you bums lost to the worst team in the history of the tournament by a long shot. Not only lost but got absolutely manhandled and embarrassed.

Haha Purdue is so pathetic, now they don’t even care about winning a National title. That’s what you’re saying. Haha there ya go, if you can’t do it, act like you don’t want it. The old can’t beat them, join them scenario.

You would probably rather have 5 straight big ten titles than 1 natty and missing the tourney the other 4 years. And that makes you an absolute loser. If you’re not the last team standing at the end of it. You lost. We’ve been the last team standing 5 times.

You’re a Tennessee fan acting as an IU fan. IU fans aren’t even this salty and sad. Dead give away when you didn’t get the cupps joke.
Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

How old are you? This reminds me of 5th grade arguments at lunch on whose team is better.

Purdue dominates IU. IU isn't even the 2nd best team in Indiana anymore. Until IU makes the tournament every year there is no need to listen to you. A rivalry would be nice again. Isn't gonna happen with Woodson there though.

Reactions: z_one and Schnelk
IU is buying a stacked roster. Pretty crazy to think about how much they are allegedly spending. You can't blame kids for wanting a piece of that.

On paper they will be picked to win the B1G and be pre season top 10.

Now, what Woodson does with that talent is another story. I do think adding Rice and another high profile guard will help their roster construction. Chemistry and managing/motivating 7 kids that were just handed 500,000 -1000000 million dollars will be the challenge.

I still prefer the way Painter is doing it as a fan. I like watching the same guys develop over several years. Will be interesting to watch the contrasting philosophies of building from within vs buying free agents over the next 2-3 years.
"I still prefer the way Painter is doing it as a fan."

You can and many do. However, any power-5 can be an exception or outlier. Purdue is the exception of the rule. But, it will not last forever and is not sustainable, IMO. Purdue will eventually have to start spending to keep up with its competitors. The writing is on the wall.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
"I still prefer the way Painter is doing it as a fan."

You can and many do. However, any power-5 can be an exception or outlier. Purdue is the exception of the rule. But, it will not last forever and is not sustainable, IMO. Purdue will eventually have to start spending to keep up with its competitors. The writing is on the wall.
I’m not convinced of this (yet). Paint has been able to recruit 3/4 star players who buy into his approach and take a fair and modest NIL and develop them into a solid team. We pick up role players from the portal, not superstars. But that’s enough. And I don’t see how that has changed. I doubt teams that really benefited from the transfer portal such as NC State and UConn paid a lot of NIL. Miami last year bought a natty but I also think coaching is critical to success in the tourney so as long as woodson is coach iu cannot buy a deep tournament run.

Ballo = Ware (at best)

Rice is better than X, Ballo is tough inside, Ware is the better player though,

Reactions: TC4THREE
I’m not convinced of this (yet). Paint has been able to recruit 3/4 star players who buy into his approach and take a fair and modest NIL and develop them into a solid team. We pick up role players from the portal, not superstars. But that’s enough. And I don’t see how that has changed. I doubt teams that really benefited from the transfer portal such as NC State and UConn paid a lot of NIL. Miami last year bought a natty but I also think coaching is critical to success in the tourney so as long as woodson is coach iu cannot buy a deep tournament run.
I agree with what you are saying....(currently). I just dont think our outlier approach (old fashioned way) is sustainable. We are in the infancy stages of NIL, and as time passes by, you must adjust or adapt to keep up with the competition.
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. But I think if nothing changes (like a NIL salary cap), it will be harder and harder to compete.

Reactions: All4You
With the incoming class it is clear Paint is doing something right and has shown we can get it done in regards to NIL.

Rice is better than X, Ballo is tough inside, Ware is the better player though,
X struggled with injuries the past 2 years. He was probably better than Rice as a freshman but seemed to get worse every year after that. I just don’t see rice as much (if any) of an improvement. They struggled from the FT line and 3 and they replace 2 of their 3 best 3 point shooters with someone who has never shot one and someone who shoots 27% (and next transfer was at 32%). Might be better man-to-man but I don’t think swapping X with Rice makes their roster better except for the health part.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Honestly, I've heard this over and over for years and they continue to show zero accomplishments.

We are better in every way, coach players, and fans. Let them scrubs determine why they suck every year.

Honestly, I've heard this over and over for years and they continue to show zero accomplishments.

We are better in every way, coach players, and fans. Let them scrubs determine why they suck every year.
And even if they are competitive, they have to do this all over again next year. Ballo will be gone after using his Covid year, Galloway and Leal the same (not that they’re great pieces) and I bet Rice and whomever else they get transfer again after the seasons over. So then, they gotta go buy another team again.

I agree with what you are saying....(currently). I just dont think our outlier approach (old fashioned way) is sustainable. We are in the infancy stages of NIL, and as time passes by, you must adjust or adapt to keep up with the competition.
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. But I think if nothing changes (like a NIL salary cap), it will be harder and harder to compete.
Go big or go home.

• Sad
And even if they are competitive, they have to do this all over again next year. Ballo will be gone after using his Covid year, Galloway and Leal the same (not that they’re great pieces) and I bet Rice and whomever else they get transfer again after the seasons over. So then, they gotta go buy another team again.
To have key pieces of management running a program matters. Some have it and some don't.

To your point if it turns into a true free agency, in professional sports the highest bidder typically gets the players. I really hope it doesn’t turn out this way. And if it does let’s hope we have some wealthy alum who step up to help. $6m does not sound like a lot of money for basketball, I bet we were close to $5m this year.

• Sad
Reactions: z_one and typeviic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT