ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship

IndySouthsider

All-American
Mar 18, 2011
Yulee, FL
How good is Wisconsin?

12-0 with Alex Hornibrook who is the worst D1 QB I have ever watched.

Bad no call missing the Offsetting penalty

How good is Wisconsin?

12-0 with Alex Hornibrook who is the worst D1 QB I have ever watched.

Bad no call missing the Offsetting penalty

It’s funny how Wisconsin never changes.

As in:
Good o-line (and running game)
Good defense
Horrible passing game.

Seems like every year I think “man they’d be awesome if they could pass the ball”

Totally agree on the qb point: Sorgi, Tolzien, Hornibrooke...
I’ve wondered what they could have really done with a top qb as well as why they can’t recruit one.

Totally agree on the qb point: Sorgi, Tolzien, Hornibrooke...
I’ve wondered what they could have really done with a top qb as well as why they can’t recruit one.
Tolzien and Sorgi played in the NFL. They couldn't have been that bad.

It’s funny how Wisconsin never changes.

As in:
Good o-line (and running game)
Good defense
Horrible passing game.

Seems like every year I think “man they’d be awesome if they could pass the ball”

It would have been interesting if Russell Wilson had played four years there rather than just his final season.

Hornibrook showed his limitations last night, and Ohio State game-planned for it shutting down the running game. The defense had its moments to give UW a chance, but they also gave up a number of huge plays, too.

MVP was the Purdue University grad who fixed the endzone. Lol.

Reactions: pu1985
Programs like Wisconsin stunt the development of their QBs by requiring them to be game managers and to not take risks. They are not asked to win games, but to manage them. They win by running the ball and playing defense. It’s called complementary football. This also makes recruiting talented QBs difficult. But it’s why they always have awesome RB and OL.

Tolzien and Sorgi played in the NFL. They couldn't have been that bad.
Backups for the Colts - and they were very pedestrian when given a shot.
And they were/are not elite talent.
My point was that I can’t figure why Wisky can’t attract an elite qb that’s all. If they did, seems like they would really excel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT