ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Basketball Thread

I actually predicted todays struggles in another thread:

The reason Indianas offense has dropped to 42nd is precisely because romeo doesnt have a jumpshot.

1. It cramps the floor for his teammates and hes just a chucker and not a creator (as evidenced by his less than 2 assists per game) so he cant even combat his lack of spacing with good vision or good passing.

Indiana barely scored over a point per possession against Illinois, whose allowed nearly every team they faced to score well over a point per possession. They struggled to make 3s because Romeo is a high volume chucker. Hes not going to create. Hes going to barrel towards the rim and hope for foul calls while throwing up a bbunch of 2 point shots at only 6'6. This is almost assuredly a recipe for disaster and why Indianas offense has steadily devlined in efficiency.

This will work some at home, especially against an odd Illinois scheme whose roster doesnt fit it, but on the road in conference play and on a neutral floor in the NIT or tournament, Indiana is going to really struggle on offense when he isnt getting the favorable calls he receives at Assembly Hall if he doesnt either figure out passing or shooting, and there arent any real signs he has eithe figured out.

And thats what has happened. Indianas offense has no spacing and Romeo has thrown up crazy 2 pointer after crazy 2 pointer and isnt getting the weak whistles he gets at AH. Indianas offense has been way better with Romeo on the bench today.
Just because you like facts and no I know no one on earth will change your mind IU was even with Michigan with Romeo on the floor today. I know 11 shots was chucking it up and he started slow but another good game and he showed so far he’s the best freshman in the BIG and it wasn’t even close. And Jordan Poole since our d was so bad ( it wasn’t great today ) had 21 against the boilers.

This game was over about 8 minutes into it. Michigan established a double digit lead and maintained it fairly consistently. IU never threatened and you are kidding yourself if you think that they did.

This game was over about 8 minutes into it. Michigan established a double digit lead and maintained it fairly consistently. IU never threatened and you are kidding yourself if you think that they did.
Yea, losing Morgan and Romeo to foul trouble 3 minutes in really allowed things to get out of hand in the 1st half.

Didnt help that Phinisee and Deron Davis were unable to play. 0 bench points.

Just because you like facts and no I know no one on earth will change your mind IU was even with Michigan with Romeo on the floor today. I know 11 shots was chucking it up and he started slow but another good game and he showed so far he’s the best freshman in the BIG and it wasn’t even close. And Jordan Poole since our d was so bad ( it wasn’t great today ) had 21 against the boilers.

Jordan Poole can score on anyone. He belongs in the NBA. He doesnt belong down here in college.

And this with the refs doing everything in their power to keep Indiana in the game in the second half. Michigan doesn’t foul yet the fouls were 10-3 in favor of Indiana lol.

Reactions: anon_y5n942o85fk69
And this with the refs doing everything in their power to keep Indiana in the game in the second half. Michigan doesn’t foul yet the fouls were 10-3 in favor of Indiana lol.
Indiana got it down to 7 with the ball. Not disputing Michigan is the best team in the BIG but I liked that we played well even with our two best players having to sit and our PG still out. Happy we were respectable and no injuries. I do think Pu will have a good showing at MSU

Indiana got it down to 7 with the ball. Not disputing Michigan is the best team in the BIG but I liked that we played well even with our two best players having to sit and our PG still out. Happy we were respectable and no injuries. I do think Pu will have a good showing at MSU

Again, the refs kept it from being a 20+ win for Michigan.

We get it. Zero response until after the game when they actually closed the gap a little. Some IU fans are fooling themselves if you think they will win the B1G. Michigan and MSU is a toss up and the rest fight for a tourney bid.

I’m IUs favor? Did you watch the game? Refs didn’t cost IU the game but they didn’t keep it close. IU is a drive to the basket team drawing fouls is what they thrive on.
The refs were bad in both directions (in the second half, at least, because I didn’t see the first half) I can’t say I know the reason IU lost but I’m assuming IU did it to themselves.

We get it. Zero response until after the game when they actually closed the gap a little. Some IU fans are fooling themselves if you think they will win the B1G. Michigan and MSU is a toss up and the rest fight for a tourney bid.
Maybe I missed it, but were there IU fans predicting IU would win the B1G? Prior to the season I predicted 3rd behind the two Michigan schools.

The refs were bad in both directions (in the second half, at least, because I didn’t see the first half) I can’t say I know the reason IU lost but I’m assuming IU did it to themselves.
What’s up with Damezi Anderson? Did he piss of Archie or something? Feel like his minutes have dropped significantly.

What’s up with Damezi Anderson? Did he piss of Archie or something? Feel like his minutes have dropped significantly.
He only played because of injuries. His handle isn’t very good. He has a great shot and will hopefully provide by the end of the year or start of next year.

Maybe I missed it, but were there IU fans predicting IU would win the B1G? Prior to the season I predicted 3rd behind the two Michigan schools.
Yes, plenty. Some were predicting elite eight or FF as well. Their were plenty saying Michigan and MSU were overrated and they should be able to contend with MSU to win the B1G.

Hes one of their best players but Archie plays a walk on in Mcroberts over him.

Similar to Goins over Tillman for Izzo and Eifert over Wheeler for Painter. Coaches love their walk ons in this conference.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Remember the good ole days when you were bragging about top 50 NET wins? As of today, how many does IU have again?

Reactions: Mgkcbb
I’m IUs favor? Did you watch the game? Refs didn’t cost IU the game but they didn’t keep it close. IU is a drive to the basket team drawing fouls is what they thrive on.

Lol, Michigan is one of the least fouling teams in the ncaa, yet fouls were 10-3 at one point in the second half. Did you watch the game? Clean steals and defense were being whistled. Refs wanted IU in the game and still was a double digit loss.

Lol, Michigan is one of the least fouling teams in the ncaa, yet fouls were 10-3 at one point in the second half. Did you watch the game? Clean steals and defense were being whistled. Refs wanted IU in the game and still was a double digit loss.
The term home court advantage didn't take place for Michigan today. 16ft's each...

Reactions: pierremc
Remember the good ole days when you were bragging about top 50 NET wins? As of today, how many does IU have again?
As of today? 2 (Marquette and Louisville). After Butler's beatdown of Creighton and Northwestern's win today, both might jump back into the top 50 when tomorrow's rankings come out.

Indiana is not even top 30 in either offense or defense. They really dont have an identity. Theyre 28th in KenPom and have steadily been dropping.

I remember NC Trojan told me Maryland wasnt a good win for Purdue because their KenPom ranking. Maryland is now ranked higher in KenPom than Indiana, so surely he agrees Indiana isnt a good team.

By the way, Penn State is terrible. Pretty sure Chambers will be out of a job after this year.

Indiana is not even top 30 in either offense or defense. They really dont have an identity. Theyre 28th in KenPom and have steadily been dropping.

I remember NC Trojan told me Maryland wasnt a good win for Purdue because their KenPom ranking. Maryland is now ranked higher in KenPom than Indiana, so surely he agrees Indiana isnt a good team.
Link to where I said Maryland wasnt a good win because of their kenpom ranking?

As of today? 2 (Marquette and Louisville). After Butler's beatdown of Creighton and Northwestern's win today, both might jump back into the top 50 when tomorrow's rankings come out.
Hmmm, and how many does Purdue have?

Im not even sure this Penn State team would be a tournament team if Carr would've returned. Just a bad team overall.

Hes one of their best players but Archie plays a walk on in Mcroberts over him.

Similar to Goins over Tillman for Izzo and Eifert over Wheeler for Painter. Coaches love their walk ons in this conference.

DA is the eigth option currently. Not one of their best players at this point.

Lol

I am pretty sure Wisconsin is screwed next year when Happ is gone. He makes their whole offense go. The offense is essentially him scoring or creating everything.

Mc Bob lunged so he stepped past and shot? Simply amazing indeed.

Damezi wouldve stopped it though.

Think the fact Archie plays a kid like Mcbob over a 4 star like Damezi might really start hurting recruiting going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT