ADVERTISEMENT

Awful Coaching Breakdown

ss32000

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 2, 2001
Not sure if you guys have seen him before, but this is decent breakdown of the Purdue/UConn game defensively for Purdue and their mistakes. The guy has a schtick with this, but it's actually decent analysis in how to cover in today's game. It's stuff that you don't see always in real time, but you get the benefit of film to break it down. He does this for many big games. He killed John Calipari.

PURDUE’S god awful trash vs. UCONN | NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Not sure if you guys have seen him before, but this is decent breakdown of the Purdue/UConn game defensively for Purdue and their mistakes. The guy has a schtick with this, but it's actually decent analysis in how to cover in today's game. It's stuff that you don't see always in real time, but you get the benefit of film to break it down. He does this for many big games. He killed John Calipari.

That guy is a dick. Even if he has a point. He's a dick. Calling CMP a "trash coach." But, I'm sure he's krazychicagod's favorite YouTuber.

Reactions: BoilerMaker P
Yeah, I’ve seen this guy’s other videos. I know it’s a bit, but coaches coach and players play. You can tell someone all the scenarios you want, but when you’re in the heat of the game some of that might go out the window understandably. Also, a couple of these are Heide and Colvin…freshmen playing on the biggest stage. Myles even looks like he knows he made a mistake on the one.

His credibility takes a big hit when he says Painter is a “trash coach” and Purdue will suck without Edey next year. Anybody saying that instantly reveals themselves as knowing nothing about Purdue. Also, defense had nothing to do with losing to FDU.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

It's terrible analysis. Everyone can critique with the power of hindsight. Hell, I could find dozens of instances where UConn did the wrong thing.

I can't click in that.

I can only imagine the type of loser who needs to title a video like that to get clicks.

There is plenty to critique Purdue on, and yes I think they could have played a better game (Rebounds, missed layups, defensive breakdowns, etc). That being said this was a historically great UCONN team with their average margin of victory and their advanced efficiency metrics. If both teams play their A game UCONN still wins.

Anyone that calls CMP a trash coach will not get any clicks from me.
I've had my criticisms of CMP and I will continue to. But he isn't even in the same hemisphere of a trash coach.

I don't think any "break-down" of the Uconn game is even needed. Do I personally think a few things could have been done differently? Yes. Do I in my heart think they would have given us a victory Monday night? No.

We got beat by a better team. We needed them to have an off night and we needed to be hitting on all cylinders. I really don't think there is any more to it than that.

Anyone that calls CMP a trash coach will not get any clicks from me.
I've had my criticisms of CMP and I will continue to. But he isn't even in the same hemisphere of a trash coach.

I don't think any "break-down" of the Uconn game is even needed. Do I personally think a few things could have been done differently? Yes. Do I in my heart think they would have given us a victory Monday night? No.

We got beat by a better team. We needed them to have an off night and we needed to be hitting on all cylinders. I really don't think there is any more to it than that.
Same. There's a far cry from saying Painter makes mistakes to calling him a trash coach. You don't make as many Sweet 16s elite eights and now a championship game by being trash.

But it's his thing, and it gets him views and subs and money. Being a jerk to make money is kinda in vogue right now.

Same. There's a far cry from saying Painter makes mistakes to calling him a trash coach. You don't make as many Sweet 16s elite eights and now a championship game by being trash.

But it's his thing, and it gets him views and subs and money. Being a jerk to make money is kinda in vogue right now.
Clout is a helluva drug

@Travis Miller

Time to clean the board up.

Yeah, I watched this and it made a lot of sense to me. I didn't bring it up because we have some super sensitive fans who would focus on the schtick rather than the message. Hopefully none of them are Darvin Ham fans too. 🤣

Reactions: drewjin and ss32000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT