ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone over there wanted Donovan... All the talk was about Donovan or Alford. Of course they wanted Donovan and not Alford. There were idiots yesterday posting that Donovan was already in Bloomington:

When Donovan said no, Alford was next man up... And he pulled his name last night. If Miller was the man, they could have announced it before Alford publicly said no. Despite my better judgement, I listened to DD last week because I wanted to hear what IU fans wanted. Almost all that called in wanted Donovan or Alford. I heard no mention of Miller. If anything, Mack was most mentioned after Alford. Anyhow, you got your man, enjoy. Can't wait until the first meltdown on Peegs next season. My guess is it won't take long.

He was 5th or 6th on the list. Stevens #1, not a chance in hell. Donovan #2, not a chance in hell, but that would have been an actual elite hire if we were actually still an elite program. #3 was Alford. #4 would have been Marshall, another elite hire but the dude is smart and wants no part of a conference like this. He's taking the Mark Few approach and it is brilliant. Archie, Mack, the rest of the "other tier" comes in next and Archie bit. Is what it is, but certainly nothing like Glass pontificated a week ago, not close.

Last edited:
Reactions: *4purdue*
He was 5th or 6th on the list. Stevens #1, not a chance in hell. Donovan #2, not a chance in hell, but that would have been an actual elite hire if we were actually still an elite program. #3 was Alford. #4 would have been Marshall, another elite hire but the dude is smart and wants no part of a conference like this. He's taking the Mark Few approach and it is brilliant. Archie, Mack, the rest of the "other tire" comes in next and Archie bit. Is what it is, but certainly nothing like Glass pontificated a week ago, not close.

You're an idiot and still tangled up in Crean's jock. Maybe you can follow your boy to Southwest Townsend Tech or wherever he ends up.

No he wasn't. Alford wasn't even on the list. Nobody wanted the baggage of the Iowa incident. Per a trustee. Rape groups were contacting the University.
Say what you want, but the announcement 10 hours after UCLA is eliminated & Alford said no publicly is funny timing. If they didn't want people to speculate, they should have beat him to the punch. There is no reason this couldn't have been done days ago. Dayton was eliminated over a week ago.

Say what you want, but the announcement 10 hours after UCLA is eliminated & Alford said no publicly is funny timing. If they didn't want people to speculate, they should have beat him to the punch. There is no reason this couldn't have been done days ago. Dayton was eliminated over a week ago.

Uh, don't you think it was more about Donovan than Alford? There is no question Donovan was being pursued. You really think that Alford goes on TV at midnight and rebuffs IU and we're suddenly hiring Archie 11 hours later?

Alford was never a factor beyond him lobbying for the gig and then publicly declining it after it was clear he wasn't getting it. He wasn't wanted.

I have an email from a trustee from last week saying Alford wasn't on the list due to the Pierce incident. They had rape groups calling them. Alford wasn't getting this job or even considered.

Uh, don't you think it was more about Donovan than Alford? There is no question Donovan was being pursued. You really think that Alford goes on TV at midnight and rebuffs IU and we're suddenly hiring Archie 11 hours later?

Alford was never a factor beyond him lobbying for the gig and then publicly declining it after it was clear he wasn't getting it. He wasn't wanted.
No way you were getting Donovan, so yes, I do think It was about Alford. I think they knew right away they weren't getting Donovan. It was the idiot fans spreading rumors. He wasn't in Bloomington yesterday telling them no. He was never a serious option. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the timing of who said no last. All hires happen this way. A hire is made right after the last no.

Reactions: JonesIndiana
I have an email from a trustee from last week saying Alford wasn't on the list due to the Pierce incident. They had rape groups calling them. Alford wasn't getting this job or even considered.
Post it. Because lots of media sources say differently.

You're an idiot and still tangled up in Crean's jock. Maybe you can follow your boy to Southwest Townsend Tech or wherever he ends up.

I'm an IU alum, twice over Hankie Pankie. I'll continue to follow the program, I'm just not a delusional arse like so many of my fellow graduates who think we're a top 5 program. Today proved that to be the case, again. How many years before our unhinged fan base rides Archie out of town?

Deny it all you want, he was in the running. Fred's comments last week were practically a love letter to Steve. It was an absolute embarrassment. I know I sent the athletic department more than my share of emails begging not to hire that turd. Women's groups did as well. A mediocre coach, but he was absolutely in the running. We will deny it, we will say Archie was our top choice all along which is unmitigated BS.

Reactions: *4purdue*
No way you were getting Donovan, so yes, I do think It was about Alford. I think they knew right away they weren't getting Donovan. It was the idiot fans spreading rumors. He wasn't in Bloomington yesterday telling them no. He was never a serious option. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the timing of who said no last. All hires happen this way. A hire is made right after the last no.

How right you are. The idea that Donovan would consider us, like Stevens, is laughable. Maybe 25 years ago, but not now. Besides, Donovan takes over at elite program Kentucky in a few years when Cal hangs it up.

Reactions: burbo
How right you are. The idea that Donovan would consider us, like Stevens, is laughable. Maybe 25 years ago, but not now. Besides, Donovan takes over at elite program Kentucky in a few years when Cal hangs it up.
I don't think Donovan is coming back to college for anyone.

Reactions: reabhnt
Post it. Because lots of media sources say differently.

I whited the name out because I didn't want to get the trustee in trouble for responding to my email.

I was an idiot and don't know how to post a pic on here. I have the email with the trustees certificates and an attachment with their name all over it if you want to see.

So glad my boiler brethren decided to start this IU thread, did twin put you guys up to this? Oh wait, his inside info still tells him cream coaches IU next year

I whited the name out because I didn't want to get the trustee in trouble for responding to my email.

I was an idiot and don't know how to post a pic on here. I have the email with the trustees certificates and an attachment with their name all over it if you want to see.
That looks real official. Why does the response say "to me". Lol your an idiot for sending yourself a message.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Deny it all you want, he was in the running. Fred's comments last week were practically a love letter to Steve. It was an absolute embarrassment. I know I sent the athletic department more than my share of emails begging not to hire that turd. Women's groups did as well. A mediocre coach, but he was absolutely in the running. We will deny it, we will say Archie was our top choice all along which is unmitigated BS.

Oh please. No one said Archie was the #1 target. But you're dumb as a stump if you think we turned to Archie because Alford turned us down. Then again you think dumping Crean was a mistake so you just might be.

Reactions: crossfire74
If Painter had not been a player at Purdue, would he have had a shorter leash at Purdue? I get it you are a big fan but take off the blinders for a moment and look at Painter's body of work.
You must be new to this board. Everyone on here knows I'm not a CMP supporter.

That looks real official. Why does the response say "to me". Lol your an idiot for sending yourself a message.

Like I said do you want to see the email? Post your email address. Look at google....sender is on top and receiver is on bottom. Whited out my name and the trustee who responded. Don't be a dumbass. It's real. See how the trustees are showing on the first and my name was whited out? Again....I know it as a fact and I gots the email to prove it mofo. There is also a nice article saying the agreement was in the works before Alford's team lost.

I don't think he's an upgrade from Crean at all. I don't see them hiring him, but maybe I missed something.

Edit: just saw that on Twitter. Very surprised they go in this direction.
Indiana was a turnover machine and played matador defense... I saw them play enough this year to know that Crean was a slap-happy coach who didn't (IMO) hold players accountable, or it didn't look that way... i saw same players turning ball over multiple times and left in the game to continue to fail... just watching it made me cringe.... Painter would have blew a gasket..... I think that the times I recall watching Dayton teams play, Miller seemed pretty hard-core and their defense seemed impressive. (can't remember exactly but they made a pretty good run a few years ago in NCAA, and I remember their tenacity and thinking this guy knew how to coach... not sure how far they got but i believe it was to S16 or E8)

If Painter had not been a player at Purdue, would he have had a shorter leash at Purdue? I get it you are a big fan but take off the blinders for a moment and look at Painter's body of work.

Honestly, his body of work isn't that impressive. 3 S16's in 12 years at a school with our history isn't acceptable IMO. I'm worried about our team after our current junior class graduates. Could be in for a rough time.

It's a decent hire, but not a home run hire. A lot of my fellow IU graduates are delusional and think we are elite still. It's sad to watch, honestly. Archie will do ok, but our fan base will turn on him as they do others because they are stuck in another century. Eventually Archie will want out rather than dealing with the crazies. Glass boxed us in with his rhetoric last week, which was so amateurish is was embarrassing. Cringe worthy. He said a home run hire or else, he got a legged out double instead. I wish him well, but I hope he protects himself from the lunatic fringe that is our fan base.

Go Hoosiers!
Who the F do you think you are? They finally got it right and in a few years IU will be a power again. Some fan you are...

Indiana was a turnover machine and played matador defense... I saw them play enough this year to know that Crean was a slap-happy coach who didn't (IMO) hold players accountable, or it didn't look that way... i saw same players turning ball over multiple times and left in the game to continue to fail... just watching it made me cringe.... Painter would have blew a gasket..... I think that the times I recall watching Dayton teams play, Miller seemed pretty hard-core and their defense seemed impressive. (can't remember exactly but they made a pretty good run a few years ago in NCAA, and I remember their tenacity and thinking this guy knew how to coach... not sure how far they got but i believe it was to S16 or E8)

Crean's substitution patterns were beyond mind-boggling. Also, the constant checking of stat sheets during a game....I guess that is appropriate for coaches who never played the game before?

Funny thing is, about a month ago I was on Peegs and got banned because I was discussing their coaching position. This was before Crean got fired. I told them there was no way they would fire Crean, and if they did they would end up with Fife or a mid major coach. 3 or 4 of them told me I was crazy and IU was Stevens dream job and would take it in a heartbeat. I told them I'd be back to congratulate them if that happens and would love to go back on now and rub it in their faces, but I'm blocked. I may have to make a "reasonable guy" account and go over.
This guy is the real deal. IU will dominate the big 10 now for the next three decades

I can vouch for btown. He's a legit poster and that email is legit.
Maybe, but I went through Rabjohns entire Twitter timeline since the Crean firing and coaches mentioned were as follows: Stevens, Donovan, Alford, Collins, Bennett, Mack. Never a mention of Miller until this morning. But okay.... Peegs was clueless this entire time and Miller was #1.

Am I the only person who sees screwy logic in the IU fans telling us that Miller making the Elite Eight at Dayton makes him a solid hire while simultaneously maintaining that Davis and Crean were bad coaches while they made a NCAA Championship Game and Final Four, respectively?There seems to me that there iis cognitive dissonance going on here.

I think that Miller was a good hire as stated previously. However, the IU commentary and confidence strikes me as odd.
This has nothing to do with him making an EE. He's an amazing young coach that is going somewhere where he can land 4 and 5 star talent every year. IU will be a superpower in CBB again very soon. I've hated all their hires since Knight but they finally got it right. IU hangs #6 within 5 years

JonesIndiana youre
It's a decent hire, but not a home run hire. A lot of my fellow IU graduates are delusional and think we are elite still. It's sad to watch, honestly. Archie will do ok, but our fan base will turn on him as they do others because they are stuck in another century. Eventually Archie will want out rather than dealing with the crazies. Glass boxed us in with his rhetoric last week, which was so amateurish is was embarrassing. Cringe worthy. He said a home run hire or else, he got a legged out double instead. I wish him well, but I hope he protects himself from the lunatic fringe that is our fan base.

Go Hoosiers!
Jones you are a damn fool! All IU has needed to be elite again was the right coach and now they have it. Ma6be you should stay on 5his board abd
I love this hire he was my #1 guy, but with that said I know for a fact that Donovan almost happened but he backed out and here we are. This guy will do awesome things and he's young so he's not going anywhere or retiring anytime soon.

Maybe, but I went through Rabjohns entire Twitter timeline since the Crean firing and coaches mentioned were as follows: Stevens, Donovan, Alford, Collins, Bennett, Mack. Never a mention of Miller until this morning. But okay.... Peegs was clueless this entire time and Miller was #1.

Well Rabjohns is a hack lol. Dude is a complete joke.

JonesIndiana youre

Jones you are a damn fool! All IU has needed to be elite again was the right coach and now they have it. Ma6be you should stay on 5his board abd

I love this hire he was my #1 guy, but with that said I know for a fact that Donovan almost happened but he backed out and here we are. This guy will do awesome things and he's young so he's not going anywhere or retiring anytime soon.
Umm ya... You're the man in the know.. Lol

JonesIndiana youre

It didn't "almost" happen. Donovan was never coming to IU.

Comments like these are funny. It's wishful thinking on your part and nothing else.
He's done the assistant thing for major programs. He's coached a mid major now for 6 years and been very successful. He has the pedigree and now he's at a blue blood where he can recruit all the 4 and 5 star players he needs to be a power year in and out. Sorry boys but IU finally got it right. He's going to do great things I'm sure of it

He's done the assistant thing for major programs. He's coached a mid major now for 6 years and been very successful. He has the pedigree and now he's at a blue blood where he can recruit all the 4 and 5 star players he needs to be a power year in and out. Sorry boys but IU finally got it right. He's going to do great things I'm sure of it

Lol. A lot of you thought Crean would take you to the promise land too. How'd that work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT