ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone catch the Michigan/MSU game ... nuts!

klmLB

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 27, 2008
2nd to last play of game. Michigan punting. Bobbled the punt. Punter still tries to kick it late (even tho a turnover on downs there is way out of field goal range and leaves MSU with only 1 potentiaal hail mary play), turns it over, MSU runs down and scores a TD as time expires to win by 4.

2nd to last play of game. Michigan punting. Bobbled the punt. Punter still tries to kick it late (even tho a turnover on downs there is way out of field goal range and leaves MSU with only 1 potentiaal hail mary play), turns it over, MSU runs down and scores a TD as time expires to win by 4.
Unbelievable finish to a great game. Those are 2 well-coached, physical teams. You could just feel the air come out of the big house at the end. I wish we could get that kind of electricity in RA.

Shades of Leon Burtnett vs Wisky back in '82 was it?
Blew a 10 pt lead with a few mins left - on a botched punt

Reactions: PU80WLHS76
That final pay was the closest thing I've seen to the Giants' Pisarcik meltdown "Miracle in the Meadowlands."

The punter just panicked, and then chaos ensued. Michigan State has the mojo going it seems.

Ironically, right after the play, my initial thought was "That's how Purdue would lose a game."

That final pay was the closest thing I've seen to the Giants' Pisarcik meltdown "Miracle in the Meadowlands."

The punter just panicked, and then chaos ensued. Michigan State has the mojo going it seems.

Ironically, right after the play, my initial thought was "That's how Purdue would lose a game."
We used to win them that way...come to think of it we used to WIN!

We used to win them that way...come to think of it we used to WIN!

To be fair, Purdue has in the past pulled a few victories out that looked like defeats (though not quite to the level of yesterday):

'81 v. Notre Dame (15-14 with successful 2pt conversion)

'84 v. Ohio State

'98 Alamo Bowl (one of the best Purdue football games I've been to)

'97 v. Michigan State (blocked FG return and onside kick)

'01 @ Minnesota (OT)

Where have those days gone, fellas?

I remember being at the '97 MSU game as a high school kid. Our bball coach went to Purdue so we'd go for a game as a team every year. Remember people were leaving and the only reason we didnt was b/c our bus was parked in. As they lined up for what appeared to be a dagger FG, i remember jokingly saying, "if they block this and return in for a TD, then get an onside kick, they have a shot." Then it happened and i almost lost my mind. haha

Miracle at the meadowlands?! That play is known as "The Fumble" in Giants lore. Why did you have to bring that up? My whole day is ruined!

AND Scott Campbell ran out of bounds while trying to kill the clock, or was drug o.o.b. Brutal...worse than UM-MSU, because it took 2 miracles, but less impact-ful

The end to Michigan vs MSU reminded me of that Purdue loss to Wisky in 1982.I was afraid I was the only one who remembered it.

1971 Purdue at home versus Notre Dame. Purdue leading the entire game 7-0 on a wet, rainy Ross Ade field. Purdue's punter....in the end zone fumbles late in the 4th quarter, ND recovers, goes for 2 and gets it and the f----ing leprechauns get a LUCKY win 8-7!!!!

1971 Purdue at home versus Notre Dame. Purdue leading the entire game 7-0 on a wet, rainy Ross Ade field. Purdue's punter....in the end zone fumbles late in the 4th quarter, ND recovers, goes for 2 and gets it and the f----ing leprechauns get a LUCKY win 8-7!!!!
watched that one on TV. The 2 point conversion was the ole TE line up right w/ the action going right and the TE slips under and goes left and is usually wide open. Wasn't the TE's name Mike Creaney or Kreaney?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT