ADVERTISEMENT

Any update on Kory Taylor?

Mar 9, 2019
I am excited about him, considering his size at 6’ 5” and his speed with a 4.48 40 yard dash... But it has been quiet about him so far, any updates?

I am excited about him, considering his size at 6’ 5” and his speed with a 4.48 40 yard dash... But it has been quiet about him so far, any updates?

W.R. seems crowded, however, get to 230+ lbs and maintain all that speed and he could be scary there too as an outside possession W.R. & a blocker that could free up other W.R.'s and R.B.'s getting into the open.
I hope he stays focused and not disappointed that progression will be his plan. Look no further than "the Frenchie" Anthony Mahoungu and what he did in his Senior Year.

I have no knowledge of his actual progression, BUT if I were speculating he has likely put on 20-25 lbs since his arrival last season. I could see T.E. on the horizon. If he could get to 245-260 and maintain the 4.48 40 yard dash, your talking upper echelon T.E. with that size and speed. Stay healthy and perform, potential could be incredible future at Purdue. Next Level...??? Let's see what happens by his Jr year 1st. Hit the weight room, plow down protein drinks, meat, cheese, & milk (veggies too) to round out a weight gaining balanced meal program and he'll make it to the field.
A quick scan of the roster shows 3 upper classman at T.E. in front of him. 2 will graduate next year leaving 2 in front and 2 Freshman coming in. There is playing time to be had.

W.R. seems crowded, however, get to 230+ lbs and maintain all that speed and he could be scary there too as an outside possession W.R. & a blocker that could free up other W.R.'s and R.B.'s getting into the open.
I hope he stays focused and not disappointed that progression will be his plan. Look no further than "the Frenchie" Anthony Mahoungu and what he did in his Senior Year.

I have no knowledge of his actual progression, BUT if I were speculating he has likely put on 20-25 lbs since his arrival last season. I could see T.E. on the horizon. If he could get to 245-260 and maintain the 4.48 40 yard dash, your talking upper echelon T.E. with that size and speed. Stay healthy and perform, potential could be incredible future at Purdue. Next Level...??? Let's see what happens by his Jr year 1st. Hit the weight room, plow down protein drinks, meat, cheese, & milk (veggies too) to round out a weight gaining balanced meal program and he'll make it to the field.
A quick scan of the roster shows 3 upper classman at T.E. in front of him. 2 will graduate next year leaving 2 in front and 2 Freshman coming in. There is playing time to be had.
1) Hoping someone can develop and contribute the last 3 games of their last year is not a sound strategy (mahoungu)
2) I dont think he has the frame to turn into a TE.

He is going to be in a dog fight for PT.

We all know it's a crowded WR room starting this fall. The question is how many guys will Brohm trust to play in key situations? That all depends on what kind of work they all put in this summer and going forward. If he's got 10 studs I'm sure he'll find plays for them all. Otherwise some of these guys will be slated for special teams and/or transfer. It's a good problem to have. If guys like Taylor, Bonner, Sparks, Anderson and Anthrop force Brohm to use them on offense, then that takes the burden off of Moore/Wright/Bell/etc. that are coming in with all the accolades.

Reactions: 72Boiler

What roster are u looking at? We have a SR, a Jr, a RS Freshman and 2 freshman

Reactions: pboiler18
1) Hoping someone can develop and contribute the last 3 games of their last year is not a sound strategy (mahoungu)
2) I dont think he has the frame to turn into a TE.
He is going to be in a dog fight for PT.
It was the only strategy & option left for Mahoungu as Brohm challenged him to get better or get out of the way. Undeniable that Mahoungu's preparation, determination and tenacity made his Senior season a lifetime memory. That same 3 game stretch made Brohm a lot of $$$ as well. If Kory is determined enough, he find a way to get on the field and contribute by the time he is a Senior.

It was the only strategy & option left for Mahoungu as Brohm challenged him to get better or get out of the way. Undeniable that Mahoungu's preparation, determination and tenacity made his Senior season a lifetime memory. That same 3 game stretch made Brohm a lot of $$$ as well. If Kory is determined enough, he find a way to get on the field and contribute by the time he is a Senior.
If he takes that long to get on the field, he will most likely have been recruited over.

What roster are u looking at? We have a SR, a Jr, a RS Freshman and 2 freshman
The same roster you are. There would be 5 rostered T.E.'s 2-3 play regularly. Get into the rotation of the top three.
Nat100 tells me Kory has no frame for T.E. and that could be very true. 6'5" could be spindly legs vs. solid structure. I've never seen him. When I look at the roster, 6'5" catches my eye...that is all.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
The same roster you are. There would be 5 rostered T.E.'s 2-3 play regularly. Get into the rotation of the top three.
Nat100 tells me Kory has no frame for T.E. and that could be very true. 6'5" could be spindly legs vs. solid structure. I've never seen him. When I look at the roster, 6'5" catches my eye...that is all.
Uh, no. You said there are 3 upperclassman ahead of him. There are only 2. Hopkins and Pitman. Durham is in same class as Taylor. You also said 2 graduate. Only 1 does. Hopkins. Pitman is only a junior. You also said 3 ahead of him and 2 graduate and that would leave 2? But I do agree with you on the point you were making.

Last edited:

I have seen Taylor and agree that he does not have the frame to be a 230 plus TE. He has as much chance of bulking up to 230 plus and becoming a TE as Rondale Moore has to add 40:pounds and be an H Back.

I have seen Taylor and agree that he does not have the frame to be a 230 plus TE. He has as much chance of bulking up to 230 plus and becoming a TE as Rondale Moore has to add 40:pounds and be an H Back.
If Rondale could add 40, then he'd be Carsen Edwards.;)

I think I just jumped the shark?

It would be like asking Tyson chandler to work out and become like Shaq

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT