ADVERTISEMENT

Another VB win

GemstateBoiler

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2006
Purdue beat Ohio State in straight sets last night at Purdue. Not as dominating as the IU match, but a good win to have. We eeked out the first and third sets as both teams had set points. We looked beaten in the first set, but found a way to come back. There is a strong confidence building with this team, and many players are contributing now. Ohio State is not a bad team, but just not in the upper half of this elite conference.

Go Boilers!

Purdue beat Ohio State in straight sets last night at Purdue. Not as dominating as the IU match, but a good win to have. We eeked out the first and third sets as both teams had set points. We looked beaten in the first set, but found a way to come back. There is a strong confidence building with this team, and many players are contributing now. Ohio State is not a bad team, but just not in the upper half of this elite conference.

Go Boilers!
It was very different watching Purdue play tOSU in Holloway after having just watched them play iu in Mackey.
A few comments from CDS in the situation room prior to the game. 1) A side benefit of Chicoine switching her serve from a top spin to a jump floater is that she conserves energy. 2) Allie Shondell was a key factor in Purdue getting Ryan McAleer due to Allie striking up a friendship with Ryan. 3) Assistant coach John Klanac played the part of OSU’s Emily Londot in practice to prep for the match. He did a good enough job that the team starting calling him Johndot.

Last edited:
It was very different watching Purdue play tOSU in Holloway after having just watched them play iu in Mackey.
A few comments from CDS in the situation room prior to the game. 1) A side benefit of Chicoine switching her serve from a top spin to a jump floater is that she conserves energy. 2) Allie Shondell was a key factor in Purdue getting Ryan McAleer due to Allie striking up a friendship with Ryan. 3) Assistant coach John Klanac played the part of OSU’s Emily Londot in practice to prep for the match. He did a good enough job that the team starting calling him Johndot.
Thanks for these insights Bmb - love hearing background tidbits about the team. Good win over Ohio State, and fingers crossed for a win on Saturday.
Given how the team almost pulled off the upset vs Nebraska - AT Nebraska no less - I’m hopeful they can do it.

Listened to the Dig City podcast yesterday and CDS said Wisc has only lost 2 sets since they were beaten by Minn. That tells me they are more locked in and less “vulnerable” than maybe 2-3 weeks ago. And they are so dang tall! Geez. Gonna be a tough tough test for sure.

Thanks for these insights Bmb - love hearing background tidbits about the team. Good win over Ohio State, and fingers crossed for a win on Saturday.
Given how the team almost pulled off the upset vs Nebraska - AT Nebraska no less - I’m hopeful they can do it.

Listened to the Dig City podcast yesterday and CDS said Wisc has only lost 2 sets since they were beaten by Minn. That tells me they are more locked in and less “vulnerable” than maybe 2-3 weeks ago. And they are so dang tall! Geez. Gonna be a tough tough test for sure.
You’re welcome.
It will be interesting to see what game plan CDS comes up with for Wisconsin.
One of the first CDS situation rooms I went to was in 2021 prior to the Wisconsin game in Holloway. CDS told us that he thought we could beat them and told us some of what he had planned for the game. The Purdue team followed his plan and beat Wisconsin (which featured 6’8” Dana Rettke) by 3-1. They then went up to Wisconsin a few weeks later and beat Wisconsin again by 3-1. That Wisconsin team ended the season as NCAA champions. Wisconsin only lost 3 games that season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT