ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason to like Brohm....even if you didn't before!

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
A quote from the article on the front page:

"But it was a good learning experience because we definitely got exposed in certain areas."

Brohm is admitting that UM did a good job of finding the weaknesses Purdue has this season and taking advantage of them to control the second half. I like the fact that Brohm admits it and then states the coaches will take those issues and work to correct them. How many times did we see ND throw that damn stop route and gain 8-10 yards per passing play for what seemed like 6 years in a row? How many times in the past did we see a TE come across the middle and get wide open due to coverage issues? Those issues came back in to play last weekend and I have full confidence that Brohm and Holt will schematically figure out how to correct those issues so that it isn't a recurring issue throughout the season.

Also, Brohm took personal issue with the bad offense in the second half...and he essentially stated he was pissed at himself for not being able to get something going through his own coaching. Echos the sentiment that Brohm is an incredible competitor but also willing to take the blame for his own actions when something goes wrong....unlike Mr. We Need To Watch The Film.

This team is going to be better because of the Michigan game. DH2 liked to talk about reviewing the film, but how many problems really got addressed? I'd bet my house that every single snap of the Michigan game is under scrutiny by Brohm and his staff. There are likely some details that never came to light against the weaker defenses of the first three weeks. Some of which can be addressed, some of which they may need a better strategy to mask. I feel like the running game may be one such area. We simply cannot become entirely one dimensional against a good defense. Brohm realizes this and I think he will come up with some creative ways to get the run game going against the Gophers. I wonder if this is where they break out the Sparks package for a series or 2, especially if Blough is not 100%.

This team is going to be better because of the Michigan game. DH2 liked to talk about reviewing the film, but how many problems really got addressed? I'd bet my house that every single snap of the Michigan game is under scrutiny by Brohm and his staff. There are likely some details that never came to light against the weaker defenses of the first three weeks. Some of which can be addressed, some of which they may need a better strategy to mask. I feel like the running game may be one such area. We simply cannot become entirely one dimensional against a good defense. Brohm realizes this and I think he will come up with some creative ways to get the run game going against the Gophers. I wonder if this is where they break out the Sparks package for a series or 2, especially if Blough is not 100%.

We have Brohm.

Not Hazell.

Not Hope.

We're not jilted lovers. Forget the past. Enjoy the present. Prepare for the future!

Stop acting like you're owed something from the past!

We have Brohm.

Not Hazell.

Not Hope.

We're not jilted lovers. Forget the past. Enjoy the present. Prepare for the future!

Stop acting like you're owed something from the past!
Hey 85, I understand this is one of your pet peeves, but we are only 4 games into the new staff. Fans are still adjusting and still somewhat in shock as we open our eyes again to what real coaching looks like. The 'review the film' bit is a harmless, running gag. I try to balance having a sense of humor about things with serious discussion. It helped me maintain sanity over the years of being a fan! :confused: Sometimes that humor includes semi-pointed jabs at the guy who helped put our football program in shambles. Maybe it's a generational gap thing, but that's really kind of tame for internet fandom.

Ps- I was responding to the OP's comparison, so I think that only makes me the jilted lover's friend.:D

Hey 85, I understand this is one of your pet peeves, but we are only 4 games into the new staff. Fans are still adjusting and still somewhat in shock as we open our eyes again to what real coaching looks like. The 'review the film' bit is a harmless, running gag. I try to balance having a sense of humor about things with serious discussion. It helped me maintain sanity over the years of being a fan! :confused: Sometimes that humor includes semi-pointed jabs at the guy who helped put our football program in shambles. Maybe it's a generational gap thing, but that's really kind of tame for internet fandom.

Ps- I was responding to the OP's comparison, so I think that only makes me the jilted lover's friend.:D
it's all good.

Some day we need to bury the past and focus on the future. That's what successful people . . . programs . . . do.

And that's what I don't get. We have so much to look forward to, why roll around in the crap. Why dawdle on the past.

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine. A weakness, as it were.

Whatever you think of him, Darrell Hazell didn't come in here with a mission to (crap) all over the program. Let's be professional.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
If T. Fuller or M Jones return to health, the run game is on. Does anyone know their status?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT