ADVERTISEMENT

All in on Zeke Nnaji

We get his last visit which is good; and would almost walk into a starting spot at the 4 next year, and play along side Haarms. Faith CMP and get it done.

Also, Screw MSU and Izzo.
Yep I'm done talking about Malik and it's on to the next. Like You said having the last visit is a good thing especially now.

Reactions: Futureboiler
As much as I dislike msu, I gotta give izzo credit. He's absolutely dominated Painter in recruiting when it comes down to PU and Msu. In head/head recruiting battles,I'm guessing the score is something like 5-1 in favor of izzo.
5-2.. NE was recruited by MSU. But still seems like whizzo gets the ones that would of had a big impact on our team.

Although I wouldn't consider Dawson a "miss" on our part as it turns out.

5-2.. NE was recruited by MSU. But still seems like whizzo gets the ones that would of had a big impact on our team.

Huh? Dawson was a massive miss. And Lawson and Hale were home runs? Purdue missed the tournament in consecutive years after missing out on Dawson while Dawson ended up playing in a F4.

Gary Harris was the one we whiffed on-given his family ties to the university. All fingers point to handlers on the Dawson recruitment, and not sure about JJJ. Bottom line, CMP is going to have a make a deep tourney run or the negative recruiting will continue to happen. Sparty hasn't done anything recently in the tourney, and has actually flamed out quickly the past couple, but he hangs his hat on several final 4 appearances. Is what is is.

Ok so what about Tre , Nojel, and Biggie ?
As much as I dislike msu, I gotta give izzo credit. He's absolutely dominated Painter in recruiting when it comes down to PU and Msu. In head/head recruiting battles,I'm guessing the score is something like 5-1 in favor of izzo.

Yeah, Izzo has been a thorn in MP's side for some impact guys that Purdue needed over the years.

This one hurts like the others, but maybe the stars are aligning for Nnaji who might be the better overall prospect. We'll see.

Also, we act like Carsen leaving is automatic. There is a chance he sticks around if he needs more time to develop PG skills for the NBA. We'll see how this year goes. Having scholly flexibility in spring if he comes back isn't a bad thing either.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
The Zeke Nnaji recruitment is interesting. Have heard his family is quite wealthy so it's a very different dynamic than a lot of recruitments which I believe helps Purdue. He seems more academic minded than the average top 40 recruit which is great for Purdue. And, you know he won't get paid off since his family is set financially set. Also, the biggest names in his top 5 list have some lingering issues with the whole FBI thing (Arizona and Kansas). C'mon Painter seal the deal this weekend!!

do we actually have a legitimate shot at Nnaji? Past history says it's highly unlikely he comes here.
Most people are putting us as a darkhorse at best when it comes to this recruitment. We certainly aren't favored to win it by anyone.

Gary Harris was the one we whiffed on-given his family ties to the university. All fingers point to handlers on the Dawson recruitment, and not sure about JJJ. Bottom line, CMP is going to have a make a deep tourney run or the negative recruiting will continue to happen. Sparty hasn't done anything recently in the tourney, and has actually flamed out quickly the past couple, but he hangs his hat on several final 4 appearances. Is what is is.
The Harris thing is complex because of his mom and how she felt the university treated her. Not sure if it was during her time on campus or after or both but we never really had a chance with him.

do we actually have a legitimate shot at Nnaji? Past history says it's highly unlikely he comes here.
I mean I think we have just as much of a shot as the others. I think we can showcase our development of big men plus we have time available for him to develop into a starting role. He is not going to be a 1 and done type - more like 2 years because he needs more muscle on his frame.

Reactions: BBG
Most years I’d put our chances against the competition for him at <<5%. However, given the issues some of our competition for him is facing and the seemingly level-headed approach from Zeke and his father I feel pretty good about our chances.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Most of the national guys have said he is playing the recruitment very close to the vest. Nobody knows too much of anything. But, several have said Purdue shouldn't be counted out and that Painter has done a good job on him.

Most years I’d put our chances against the competition for him at <<5%. However, given the issues some of our competition for him is facing and the seemingly level-headed approach from Zeke and his father I feel pretty good about our chances.

Every program that has a coach who is on Federal trial currently has a top 10 recruiting class (USC, Louisville, Arizona, Oklahoma State, and Auburn). It doesn't seem to have too much of an impact.

Every program that has a coach who is on Federal trial currently has a top 10 recruiting class (USC, Louisville, Arizona, Oklahoma State, and Auburn). It doesn't seem to have too much of an impact.
This x1000. The FBI trial has done nothing to impact recruiting at the guilty schools. Using that as a reason we might win a recruiting battle against one of these schools is pointless. Obviously the trials aren't impacting his decision, because his final 5 are littered with guilty schools.

This x1000. The FBI trial has done nothing to impact recruiting at the guilty schools. Using that as a reason we might win a recruiting battle against one of these schools is pointless. Obviously the trials aren't impacting his decision, because his final 5 are littered with guilty schools.
I don't really care for Brian Snow all that much but he made a good point recently on Twitter that once these programs had stability everything was fine. Louisville hires Mack - top 5 recruiting class. Sean Miller is publicly supported by the University board - top 5 recruiting class.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Call it wishful thinking I guess. Things went from bad to worse for both Arizona and Kansas after he announced his top 5, but as you stated it very well could have no impact at all. It seems decency has no place in choosing a school.

Most of the national guys have said he is playing the recruitment very close to the vest. Nobody knows too much of anything. But, several have said Purdue shouldn't be counted out and that Painter has done a good job on him.

Sounds about how every Painter recruitment of a high-major target goes lol

"He's doing a really good job" or "He's done all he can" lol so he's definitely not coming here.

Sounds about how every Painter recruitment of a high-major target goes lol

"He's doing a really good job" or "He's done all he can" lol so he's definitely not coming here.

coach has compared recruiting to dating in the past. is it possible we are 'trying too hard' with some recruits? even though some say they want to be shown the love, maybe others see it as needy/clingy, in dating terms? Idk. we often visit the earliest amd most often... painter even flew to europe to watch jaren jackson.

right now is a perfect time for a surge in bball recruiting:
--recent, multiple all americans
--all time program wins
--not competing with the level of cheating as before, now that its so exposed
--full $ and support from BOT, president, AD
--tv/btn $ never higher
--football $ highest in years, contributing their share again to the AD
--fairly new coaches/turnover, plus others on the hot seat across the big ten

is it possible we are 'trying too hard' with some recruits? even though some say they want to be shown the love, maybe others see it as needy/clingy, in dating terms? Idk. we often visit the earliest amd most often... painter even flew to europe to watch jaren jackson.

right now is a perfect time for a surge in bball recruiting:
--all time program wins
--fairly new coaches/turnover, plus others on the hot seat across the big ten

No, I don't think Painter is failing to land his "A" choices because he's trying too hard. I don't know what the reason is, but it's certainly not this.

What does "all time program wins" mean?

What B10 coaches are on the hot seat that we should actually care about? OSU, IU, MSU, MICH all have tons of equity built up. That's about the only schools I care about.

Reactions: BBG
I don't really care for Brian Snow all that much but he made a good point recently on Twitter that once these programs had stability everything was fine. Louisville hires Mack - top 5 recruiting class. Sean Miller is publicly supported by the University board - top 5 recruiting class.
Players admit to sexual assault - recruiting unaffected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT