ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Henning

Looks promising. Top player in Illinois I believe. I'm sure we wont take many receivers in this class so I'd think if they really want to come they may want to jump on early.
Yes. AJ was listed back in fall as a RB and ranked the #1 recruit in Illinois. His friend, Jadon Thompson is ranked #3 in Illinois. They both visited Purdue when CJB had all those HS juniors here in mid December.

Yes. He’s not a WR and if your telling me the staff wouldn’t take this kid then? Yikes
I never said they wouldn't take him. He's #1 on their board according to Hodges. I was meaning a receiver needs to jump on especially if Henning commits. He is listed by some as a WR so that's what I was going by

Out of curiosity, if Henning is a RB, who are some of the top WR we are recruiting? Off the top of my head I can only think of Maliq Carr, Jadon Thompson, and Izayah Cummings
I'm sure there's a lot more

Just went through that list in the link above. What makes a recruit go from "Cool" to "Warm"? An official visit? Something else? Out of 146 players, there's only 2 that are considered warm, a QB from New Hampshire and a local WR. Several players we've heard a lot about already from 2020 are all on there but Cool. Grimes, Henning, Thompson to name a few.

Also nice to see we've offered a few 5* guys.

Just went through that list in the link above. What makes a recruit go from "Cool" to "Warm"? An official visit? Something else? Out of 146 players, there's only 2 that are considered warm, a QB from New Hampshire and a local WR. Several players we've heard a lot about already from 2020 are all on there but Cool. Grimes, Henning, Thompson to name a few.

Also nice to see we've offered a few 5* guys.
I think a lot of things can change it. 247Sports has a group of "Experts" that watch these guys closely and evaluate and report where they think these guys will go. I don't know what their exact criteria is for changing a player from cool to warm. It could be anything. I am sure things like visits come into play. I don't put a ton of stock into the cool vs. warm at this stage in recruiting.

I think a lot of things can change it. 247Sports has a group of "Experts" that watch these guys closely and evaluate and report where they think these guys will go. I don't know what their exact criteria is for changing a player from cool to warm. It could be anything. I am sure things like visits come into play. I don't put a ton of stock into the cool vs. warm at this stage in recruiting.
I agree. There are lots of inconsistancies. Sometimes it's just not up to date. Also, this is for 247; which can vary from Rivals.

For one example, both Jadon Thompson and AJ Henning are listed as "cool". But Thompson just placed Purdue in his top 6. And Henning has a 247 preference to ND and OSU, but a Rivals pick to Iowa. Plus, we know that both of these guys are friends, from the Chicago area; and want to play together.

Reactions: LonestarBoilerFan
Nice to see that it happens to other schools too.
:)

AJ H3nning‏@AJHenning3 23 Apr 2018
BLESSED to receive an offer from The University of Indiana
1f534.png
26aa.png
#GoHoosiers

WR is going to be a spot that fills up quickly. Garrett Miller is recruiting Collin Sullivan, a top 250 WR. Mali’s Carr posted on twitter, the move? For Devell Washington when he posted a Purdue picture. And Rashawn “trouble” Williams posted a the move? Comment as well.

Purdue May take 2 or even 3 if one can play RB/defense. But you may see some young guys at WR committing early because their are several top 250 guys looking at Purdue for that spot that want to come play with their friends.

This is really great news. Having lived in the Chicago area for a long time it is awesome to see that we are starting to make inroads. There is a lot of elite athleticism in this area. If we can match up academics and fit with our program we only need two or three of these kind of guys every year to be really help standing . Boiler up

Reactions: 72Boiler
This is really great news. Having lived in the Chicago area for a long time it is awesome to see that we are starting to make inroads. There is a lot of elite athleticism in this area. If we can match up academics and fit with our program we only need two or three of these kind of guys every year to be really help standing . Boiler up

Now if we could just get Painter up there:)

interesting choices. 7 of 10 were BIG 10 schools. the other three were ND, LSU and Stanford - a tough road ahead for Purdue..

his tweet mentioned a minor injury/surgery and he'll be 100% next fall. Anybody know what the injury was?

Reactions: ChuckJr

I think most analysts still have a tough time dealing with Purdue as a major player in recruiting. I suspect the Music City Bowl did not help that much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT