ADVERTISEMENT

Academic All-Big Ten

Carson Barrett Purdue Senior organizational leadership Lafayette, Ind.
Caleb Furst Purdue Junior biomedical health sciences Fort Wayne, Ind.
Mason Gillis Purdue 5th Year master's - management New Castle, Ind.
Camden Heide Purdue Sophomore organizational leadership, Wayzata, Minn.
Trey Kaufman-Renn Purdue Junior philosophy Sellersburg, Ind.
Sam King Purdue Sophomore management Columbus, Ind.
Fletcher Loyer Purdue Sophomore organizational leadership Fort Wayne, Ind.
Chase Martin Purdue Senior mechanical engineering Columbia, Mo.
Brian Waddell Purdue Junior general management Carmel, Ind.
Lance Jones Purdue Graduate master's - technology Evanston, Ill.

This is the good side to players you recruited staying instead of chasing portal jumpers most of whom aren’t in it for a degree. And I get it if you’re only in it to win and chase that very illusive dream of the nba then Painter‘s culture likely isn’t for you.

This is the good side to players you recruited staying instead of chasing portal jumpers most of whom aren’t in it for a degree. And I get it if you’re only in it to win and chase that very illusive dream of the nba then Painter‘s culture likely isn’t for you.
I get what you're saying. That's what makes it neat to see Lance Jones on that list. For a guy that was rated somewhere in the 300's as a portal recruit he's been a great addition both on and off of the court.

Reactions: FiveWeight
If Mason uses his Covid year, he might be able to get a doctorate.

Seriously, that's awesome to see so many guys doing the work off the court. Had no idea that TKR was a philosophy major.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
If Mason uses his Covid year, he might be able to get a doctorate.

Seriously, that's awesome to see so many guys doing the work off the court. Had no idea that TKR was a philosophy major.
Jr/Sr all star game- I caught Trey at a table that was set up for people to meet…autograph. “In addition to being a very good player you must be very smart to major in physics.” That was his original intent

• Wow
Reactions: Tommaker
Jr/Sr all star game- I caught Trey at a table that was set up for people to meet…autograph. “In addition to being a very good player you must be very smart to major in physics.” That was his original intent
Philosophy but still good👍

I seem to remember Physics at Purdue convincing me I'd be better off taking Psych or Philosophy.

Is that accurate that Waddell is already academically a junior?
Yes, he redahirted his freshman(21-22) year after knee surgery. Thus, he's a junior academically and sophomore in eligibility.

I seem to remember Physics at Purdue convincing me I'd be better off taking Psych or Philosophy.
Yes, Physics 109. my 2nd semester freshman year (Fall of 79). After receiving the mid term exam, looked at it for 5 minutes, got up and left for Terry Courts. The next Monday I CODO’d from Engineering to Management. Thankfully, that was before the whole first year GPA requirements to get into Krannert conditions that the kids have to deal with now.

I had friends who took thermodynamics 3 times just to get a D. And were very thankful.

In the old days, if you were an engineer it didn’t matter what your GPA was. As long as you passed and got your degree.

On the other hand, I took my physics class at Weber St and transferred the credits! One of the smartest things I ever did.

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese
Carson Barrett Purdue Senior organizational leadership Lafayette, Ind.
Caleb Furst Purdue Junior biomedical health sciences Fort Wayne, Ind.
Mason Gillis Purdue 5th Year master's - management New Castle, Ind.
Camden Heide Purdue Sophomore organizational leadership, Wayzata, Minn.
Trey Kaufman-Renn Purdue Junior philosophy Sellersburg, Ind.
Sam King Purdue Sophomore management Columbus, Ind.
Fletcher Loyer Purdue Sophomore organizational leadership Fort Wayne, Ind.
Chase Martin Purdue Senior mechanical engineering Columbia, Mo.
Brian Waddell Purdue Junior general management Carmel, Ind.
Lance Jones Purdue Graduate master's - technology Evanston, Ill.
Kudos to Martin and Jones for carrying career sustaining degrees. Philosophy? From Purdue? Thought Kaufman was interested in Physics.
Well, congrats to each nonetheless. Surprised not to see Zach.

Edit: Now, I read the entire thread. Not mistaken on the Philosophy major. My step son majored in Philosophy from IU. Now he is a journeyman electrician. Good luck to Trey.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tjreese
Philosophy but still good

Kudos to Martin and Jones for carrying career sustaining degrees. Philosophy? From Purdue? Thought Kaufman was interested in Physics.
Well, congrats to each nonetheless. Surprised not to see Zach.

Edit: Now, I read the entire thread. Not mistaken on the Philosophy major. My step son majored in Philosophy from IU. Now he is a journeyman electrician. Good luck to Trey.
depending on major many have to work outside the major

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT