ADVERTISEMENT

A win is a win

BBG

All-American
Jun 18, 2001
Global
www.beeradvocate.com
I said in the game thread, but I don't care if we win by 1 or 100 and especially don't care with how this whole year has gone. Was is it ugly? Yep. Was there a lot of mistakes? Yes. But....... good teams find ways to win games like this. Previous teams/coaches sans Tiller would of lost today and probably lost by a lot.

And to be 2 and 0 for the first time in what 13 years? That says speaks volumes.

I gave O'Connell a lot of grief last week but I was wrong to say the least. He throws a very accurate ball and if given time by the O-line (and not tripped) he will pick people apart. Especially when we have Rondale back.

Horvath has really come around as well and yeah he needs to learn to carry with two arms around the ball, but he has turned in to a real running threat.

All in all I'll take an ugly win over a loss any day and I don't care about stats because as Tiller said: "Stats are for losers".

Outside of david bell and damarcus mitchell, not much good to take away feom this game besides the W.
Coaches have a lot of dumb sh!t to clean up in practice

Outside of david bell and damarcus mitchell, not much good to take away feom this game besides the W.
Coaches have a lot of dumb sh!t to clean up in practice
There is a lot of good things that came from this game. Defense stepped up at key moments, Horvath had good moments, O'Connell played well and there is more.

I get it, there were mistakes that need to be cleaned up sure, but there is no need to be a buzzkill.

There is a lot of good things that came from this game. Defense stepped up at key moments, Horvath had good moments, O'Connell played well and there is more.

I get it, there were mistakes that need to be cleaned up sure, but there is no need to be a buzzkill.
I'm happy with the win! I also understand that that type of performance will earn a L in

I said in the game thread, but I don't care if we win by 1 or 100 and especially don't care with how this whole year has gone. Was is it ugly? Yep. Was there a lot of mistakes? Yes. But....... good teams find ways to win games like this. Previous teams/coaches sans Tiller would of lost today and probably lost by a lot.

And to be 2 and 0 for the first time in what 13 years? That says speaks volumes.

I gave O'Connell a lot of grief last week but I was wrong to say the least. He throws a very accurate ball and if given time by the O-line (and not tripped) he will pick people apart. Especially when we have Rondale back.

Horvath has really come around as well and yeah he needs to learn to carry with two arms around the ball, but he has turned in to a real running threat.

All in all I'll take an ugly win over a loss any day and I don't care about stats because as Tiller said: "Stats are for losers".

Wanna see what happens if Wisconsin can field a team and we play the same way against them?

I’m very happy to win the game. I am concerned how Brohm coaches during the game. His in game decisions are troubling. I haven’t seen him improve in this area since he’s been here.

I am very happy he is the coach here. I just wish he managed the game better. Today’s game should have not been this close.

Reactions: BoilerinLouisville
I’m very happy to win the game. I am concerned how Brohm coaches during the game. His in game decisions are troubling. I haven’t seen him improve in this area since he’s been here.

I am very happy he is the coach here. I just wish he managed the game better. Today’s game should have not been this close.

I agree to an extent but if you have the same managed game and just less sloppy stuff it is a whole different game ...

If Hewitt isn’t hurt and Horvath keeps fumbling .. he should play. Amazing how that makes guys clean things up

I agree to an extent but if you have the same managed game and just less sloppy stuff it is a whole different game ...

If Hewitt isn’t hurt and Horvath keeps fumbling .. he should play. Amazing how that makes guys clean things up
And if he's ruled down on that first "fumble"....

Reactions: BBG
In green bay, they say, the only thing that matters is the win. It looks like we got a few breaks today. I remember a game when we were winning against Notre Dame, and they were down to their 3rd string QB. We had a big lead in the 4th quarter. But Montana led ND to victory. Illinois was down to their 4th string QB. But like Sindelar and AOC, he may prove to be their best QB. obviously their experieneced starter did nothing last week . One stat that tells the story - illinois had the ball inside the 25 yard line 5 times today, but didn't score once. our defense found a way to stop them when it counted most.

Good teams put up great stats. But GREAT teams find ways to win !

stats are for fantasy football players. wins are for real fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT