ADVERTISEMENT

A little bit of locker motivation material for Boogie...

Not sure what me being 24 has to do with anything. I never meant to imply that those pro bigs were only there because of IU. Another poster said TJD's choice was easy given "Painter's abilities to get bigs to the pros" (sounds very similar to me saying IU is PUTTING bigs in the NBA), so I responded that IU had just as many bigs in the pros.

Both Purdue and IU give their players the resources to improve. It's up to the individual players to take advantage of those resources. Players like Mathias and Yogi did. Players like Smotherman and Hanner Perea didnt.
The difference being Mathias and Smotherman were 3 stars, compared to Yogi and Hanner Perea being solid 4's

Not sure how he (Carsen) is going unnoticed? Purdue's Carsen Edwards named top returning player in college basketball
Matthew VanTryon, Indianapolis Star Published 2:20 p.m. ET July 5, 2018
TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Purdue has the best player in the country heading into the college basketball season. At least according to NCAA March Madness.

Carsen Edwards, a 6-1 junior, led Purdue in scoring (18.5 ppg) last season to go along with 3.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists. He was named an All-American.

MORE: Trajectory pointing up for Purdue athletics in 2018-19

Edwards had workouts with multiple NBA teams and participated in the draft combine, but decided to return to Purdue for his junior season.

“If not first (round), early second round. If I get the feedback of the things I need to work on, that’s going to be just as helpful to go back to school and do those things," Edwards told the IndyStar in May. "For me to stay it would be a certain position, a certain spot I want to go in.”

At the combine, Edwards said teams encouraged him to learn to be more versatile.

“Learn to run a team, learn to play the point guard position,” Edwards said of what teams told him during the combine. “Obviously, my role at Purdue wasn’t to play the point guard position. It’s understandable. They haven’t seen me play that but … continue to show I can run a team, I can run an offense, I can put guys in position and

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT