2020 48.3
2021 62.4
2022 55.4

Run blocking

2019 52.8
2020 48.7
2021 58.2
2022 52.0

But hey, at least he was better than will Bramel and 20 other guys you’ve barely heard of
Now do the wins he contributed to.

You care about theoretical computer ratings. I care about on field results.

Now do the wins he contributed to.

You care about theoretical computer ratings. I care about on field results.
lol wins he contributed to or wins Oconnell got him? Oconnell being a life long Jeff Christensen student.

Here are your 2018 junior offensive linemen

Michael Mendez 57.4
Matt McCann 54.2 (66.4 on as many snaps as a freshman)

Also senior Eric swingler

2016 54.5
2017 52.9
2018 51.7

Horrible. Walters is a low level hire who I applauded for taking a job few would want with NIL ramping up. But this Bear Bryant routine with brohm like he’s close to as good as Joe tiller is kinda tired.

lol wins he contributed to or wins Oconnell got him? Oconnell being a life long Jeff Christensen student.

Here are your 2018 junior offensive linemen

Michael Mendez 57.4
Matt McCann 54.2 (66.4 on as many snaps as a freshman)

Also senior Eric swingler

2016 54.5
2017 52.9
2018 51.7

Horrible. Walters is a low level hire who I applauded for taking a job few would want with NIL ramping up. But this Bear Bryant routine with brohm like he’s close to as good as Joe tiller is kinda tired.
Drivel.

You have no point. You bring up an arbitrary rating system like it had anything to do with the good or poor coaching we have seen over the past 4 years.

Purdue will always have a talent problem. Always have. We have less fans. Less money. Less everything than the blue bloods. It means we can’t win at an elite level…but it doesn’t mean we can’t win.

The prevailing point is needing a coach that we can overcome the shortcomings and do as well as possible. The shortcomings aren’t so insurmountable this team can’t go to a bowl 3/4 years and have an 8/9 win season over that 4 year period when schedule, scheme and talent aligns. We had that with Brohm. He’s not Bear Bryant. Not even close. But he’s a good coach and did well here. We need more of that and less of what we currently have.

Drivel.

You have no point. You bring up an arbitrary rating system like it had anything to do with the good or poor coaching we have seen over the past 4 years.

Purdue will always have a talent problem. Always have. We have less fans. Less money. Less everything than the blue bloods. It means we can’t win at an elite level…but it doesn’t mean we can’t win.

The prevailing point is needing a coach that we can overcome the shortcomings and do as well as possible. The shortcomings aren’t so insurmountable this team can’t go to a bowl 3/4 years and have an 8/9 win season over that 4 year period when schedule, scheme and talent aligns. We had that with Brohm. He’s not Bear Bryant. Not even close. But he’s a good coach and did well here. We need more of that and less of what we currently have.
your the one who brought up linemen being juniors and only being marginally better. So I showed you what it looked like under bear Bryant brohm lol. The guy you think got fired

your the one who brought up linemen being juniors and only being marginally better. So I showed you what it looked like under bear Bryant brohm lol. The guy you think got fired
You cherry picked A lineman.

I don’t give a rats ass what a guys PFF score is. Does that win us games? According to them Card was a top 10 QB last week. That’s how meaningless their ratings are.

You think Indiana State, ND and Oregon State is a tough OOC schedule. You’re clueless!

You live in the past, reference old players that have no bearing on our success or lack thereof today. I too wanted Walters to be successful but when it’s obvious he lacks a grasp of basic football knowledge and fundamentals and has an inability to adjust as a head coach it’s easy to jump off the bandwagon.

We have the talent, have had the talent in the past and will into the future to compete with the bottom half of this conference…not be the bottom team in this conference.

I don’t really care who we hire next, where they come from, etc. I don’t want to keep Walters because YOU are scared the next guy isn’t Bear Bryant. Come back and cite those winning percentages of coaches after we dump 7/8 of our next games! This coach is clueless and the team is hopeless with him.

You cherry picked A lineman.

I don’t give a rats ass what a guys PFF score is. Does that win us games? According to them Card was a top 10 QB last week. That’s how meaningless their ratings are.

You think Indiana State, ND and Oregon State is a tough OOC schedule. You’re clueless!

You live in the past, reference old players that have no bearing on our success or lack thereof today. I too wanted Walters to be successful but when it’s obvious he lacks a grasp of basic football knowledge and fundamentals and has an inability to adjust as a head coach it’s easy to jump off the bandwagon.

We have the talent, have had the talent in the past and will into the future to compete with the bottom half of this conference…not be the bottom team in this conference.

I don’t really care who we hire next, where they come from, etc. I don’t want to keep Walters because YOU are scared the next guy isn’t Bear Bryant. Come back and cite those winning percentages of coaches after we dump 7/8 of our next games! This coach is clueless and the team is hopeless with him.
I maintained that no one got worse

You said they shouldn’t cause they got older. “He was a freshman, now he’s a junior.”

I showed you examples of junior linemen grading worse than Moussa and not getting better.

Now you want to talk about scheme.

The scheme sucked. Harrell got fired. Walters may be fired for hiring Harrell.

You still think brohm is Bear Bryant lol.

I maintained that no one got worse

You said they shouldn’t cause they got older. “He was a freshman, now he’s a junior.”

I showed you examples of junior linemen grading worse than Moussa and not getting better.

Now you want to talk about scheme.

The scheme sucked. Harrell got fired. Walters may be fired for hiring Harrell.

You still think brohm is Bear Bryant lol.
Here we go again.

Just like a year ago, Anyone who recognizes that Brohm is a competent HC, and that Walters isn’t, gets labeled a Brohm-Lover.

Reactions: pboiler18
Here we go again.

Just like a year ago, Anyone who recognizes that Brohm is a competent HC, and that Walters isn’t, gets labeled a Brohm-Lover.
Of course Walters hasn’t been good. But then brohm Bryant fans start acting like brohm was Joe tiller. You can say Walters is on his way to being fired while recognizing that brohm falls way way way short of a coach like tiller.

And that was going to impact a coach who is much better if he didn’t hang up on bobo like many probably did.

After year 6, here was tillers starting lineup when they broke camp

Orton
Harris, void
Davis
Stubblefield
Standeford
Williams
Otto
Turner
Hardwick
Moore
Butler

Nesfield
Grover
Terrill
Phillips
Johnson
Koutouvides
Gardner
Rogers
Pollard
Schweigert
Reeves

Where is the weak starter? (There isn’t one). How many players from the team the day after the bowl (6 years in) could start above?

Walters can be well on his way to being canned without people being unrealistic about Jeff brohm. Who was no Joe tiller, Jim young or Jack mollenkopf. He was 2 games over .500 in 6 years. For perspective, Big Dan the rent man lost about 1 more game in every 20

Just so we are clear, if they fire Walters tomorrow I could care less. He would go in with Fred Akers.

I wanted him to do well because I think a lot of people probably hung up on Bobinski once NIL was mobilized. But the book is the book. Unlike a lot of people, I can criticize a coach I like or praise one I don’t.

Walters hired Harrell. The buck stops with the head coach. If he runs out of time to right the ship because he trusted a bad coach, that’s on him.

Unlike a lot of people who, if they like a coach, will make excuses for any and everything about him.

Take tiller. He wasn’t perfect. The pitchforks were out at the end. He had 4 key things going for him though…

1. Innovative offense at the right time in the right place

2. A great staff he put together over years. Dale Williams could have barely been an analyst

3. Saavy player personnel guy from his CFL days

4. The last coach at Purdue where, if you messed up.. stupid penalty, key blown play, you were going to run. At 5 am.

We all wanted Walters to do well. When it was obvious he had no clue and was in over his head we wanted to move on. It’s not any more complex than that.

It’s a losers mentality to think we can’t and shouldn’t do better.

I think we could pretty easily do better. And in this $$$ era of CFB we can pay a guy whatever he wants to stay if he is successful.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Just so we are clear, if they fire Walters tomorrow I could care less. He would go in with Fred Akers.

I wanted him to do well because I think a lot of people probably hung up on Bobinski once NIL was mobilized. But the book is the book. Unlike a lot of people, I can criticize a coach I like or praise one I don’t.

Walters hired Harrell. The buck stops with the head coach. If he runs out of time to right the ship because he trusted a bad coach, that’s on him.

Unlike a lot of people who, if they like a coach, will make excuses for any and everything about him.

Take tiller. He wasn’t perfect. The pitchforks were out at the end. He had 4 key things going for him though…

1. Innovative offense at the right time in the right place

2. A great staff he put together over years. Dale Williams could have barely been an analyst

3. Saavy player personnel guy from his CFL days

4. The last coach at Purdue where, if you messed up.. stupid penalty, key blown play, you were going to run. At 5 am.
No one was saying Brohm was Tiller, Mollenkopf, or Young.

Some of us were just saying that he was a competent head coach, and blaming him for Walter’s obvious incompetence was ridiculous.

No one was saying Brohm was Tiller, Mollenkopf, or Young.

Some of us were just saying that he was a competent head coach, and blaming him for Walter’s obvious incompetence was ridiculous.
I think there’s blameworthy things he did (or rather didn’t do) that would have affected any new coach. That doesn’t make Walters good.

However, had he assembled a roster like tiller did after 6 years, the same team I watched last year would have easily been 6-6 even with Harrell and even with Walters not being ready.

I have two questions for you:

1. NIL just legalized cheating. If you were buying players before, you’ll do well now. Or if you have a billionaire donor who cares about sports. Purdue doesn’t have the latter (not the kind willing to buy players; maybe volleyball facilities) and hasn’t done the former since about 1970.

Do you think Bobinski heard back from way better coaches and was just like “nope, Ryan Walters.” Or do you think Purdue just isn’t that great of a job?

2. Take the roster the day after the bowl game. Everyone here who would have been at Purdue in 2023 if no one transferred

How many do you think would start for the 2003 team? (The team after tiller was here for 6 years; which is how long brohm was here by December 2022)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT