ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Harrell’s Air Raid Offense

The OL was horrid in both pass and run blocking today. The WR's were basically MIA today. They were unable to create separation leading to a number of Card sacks.

In summation the Air Raid Offense SUCKS!.......or maybe just the offensive coordinator does.
The WR’s created space. Card don’t have time.

I didn’t blame him.
lol he responded to a post from Monday saying that said post blamed Brohmco for a loss that hadn’t happened yet. Someone may be a little too romantic about the guy that went just over .500 and used us to get to a soft landing back home 🤣

lol he responded to a post from Monday saying that said post blamed Brohmco for a loss that hadn’t happened yet. Someone may be a little too romantic about the guy that went just over .500 and used us to get to a soft landing back home 🤣
Two things -

For Purdue standards he was damn good. For Purdue standards this current coach can’t hit them.

Two things -

For Purdue standards he was damn good. For Purdue standards this current coach can’t hit them.
I’ve seen nothing that says he can’t hit them. Also, why you ignoring my other post? You realize I wasn’t blaming Brohm?

Are you blind? Not paying attention?

What we saw on Saturday isn’t fixable and stems directly from the top.
I saw a team completely out matched and a coaching staff that called a bad game combined with a team that lacked physicality, likely due to not playing yet.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Two things -

You were so eager to post a stupid I knew you’d blame him… you did it to a 5 day old post. I mean…you have a real obsession with Brohmco. Which is especially weird knowing you’re a Georgia grad. Just go be a fan of your outrageously good football program and leave us small timers alone

Reactions: BoilerN
The OL was horrid in both pass and run blocking today. The WR's were basically MIA today. They were unable to create separation leading to a number of Card sacks.

In summation the Air Raid Offense SUCKS!.......or maybe just the offensive coordinator does.
I didnt think they were all that bad. I thought receivers did fine except the one drop. We struggled big time picking up the blitz but most of that time it was the TE or RB not picking up the blocker. The first few drives the OL created holes for the run and we couldn’t get past the second level.

Reactions: BoilerN
I read all of your post, and was pleased to see that you are beginning to assign responsibility to the coaches "calling a bad game".
Calling a bad game makes one think that a given coach had other positive play calls that could have used but didn't.
CRW's Defensive Playbook is transfixed on playing man to man and if you watch the replay, ND had a hat on a hat and many times out numbered the point of attack on both defense and offense.
Because of CRW's scheme,and failure to change things up, our opponents know exactly how to attack his defense....
If im not mistaken, didn't .500 Brhom and his Tarkington like QB enjoy success against CRW's vaunted Air Raid Defense.

Well, I listed more than that. So you might keep reading….

Reactions: pboiler18 and BBG
I read all of your post, and was pleased to see that you are beginning to assign responsibility to the coaches "calling a bad game".
Calling a bad game makes one think that a given coach had other positive play calls that could have used but didn't.
CRW's Defensive Playbook is transfixed on playing man to man and if you watch the replay, ND had a hat on a hat and many times out numbered the point of attack on both defense and offense.
Because of CRW's scheme,and failure to change things up, our opponents know exactly how to attack his defense....
If im not mistaken, didn't .500 Brhom and his Tarkington like QB enjoy success against CRW's vaunted Air Raid Defense.
There are some scheme issues right now I think, but more so, there is a front 6 issue right now for Purdue. Walter’s needs to figure out how to adjust to his poor front 7.

Brohm went 1 for 2 in tearing up Walter’s D. The other game, he scored 13 and needed a late score and his defense to hold on.

There are some scheme issues right now I think, but more so, there is a front 6 issue right now for Purdue. Walter’s needs to figure out how to adjust to his poor front 7.

Brohm went 1 for 2 in tearing up Walter’s D. The other game, he scored 13 and needed a late score and his defense to hold on.
the one game the Illini had 13 like penalties for 166 yds

Oh, that's right. .500 Brhom won both games and and had a better game the second time they met.
Yes, that second game was when O'Connell ran for career yardage....... In that one game alone...
Let's play a game. Name each of the QB's over that past two years that have killed CRW's vaunted defense.......

Reactions: pboiler18 and BBG
Oh, that's right. .500 Brhom won both games and and had a better game the second time they met.
Yes, that second game was when O'Connell ran for career yardage....... In that one game alone...
Let's play a game. Name each of the QB's over that past two years that have killed CRW's vaunted defense.......
What’s your point here?

So he just forgot how to be a good DC?
It’s been noted that Bielema would t let him run HIS full version of the scheme. Probably because of the glaring weaknesses we have seen over his tenure here.

Playing 11v10 on defense with a FS 30 yards from the ball is nutty. You’re a man down in the run game. He’s covering air instead of being an immediate factor. Go back and watch the Michigan game and their first 2 drives. They knew we would play our base D and just ran man beating concepts in the pass and run game to make it easier than it would have been.

Watch the ND game. They ran the same “pick” pass play 6 times and we never stopped it because we do t switch in man coverage and do t communicate. We also just simply never adjust.

I think there are a lot of things that make this coach a bad one. Lack of fundamentals. Lack of a scheme to help us overcome talent deficits. Lack of adjustments when something is t working. Lack of heart in the face of adversity.

Basically all the things that would signal your team is good and ready to win.

I think we are MORE talented than Oregon State…but feel we get out coached and lose by 2 TDs in this one still. This team is THAT lost.

It’s been noted that Bielema would t let him run HIS full version of the scheme. Probably because of the glaring weaknesses we have seen over his tenure here.

Playing 11v10 on defense with a FS 30 yards from the ball is nutty. You’re a man down in the run game. He’s covering air instead of being an immediate factor. Go back and watch the Michigan game and their first 2 drives. They knew we would play our base D and just ran man beating concepts in the pass and run game to make it easier than it would have been.

Watch the ND game. They ran the same “pick” pass play 6 times and we never stopped it because we do t switch in man coverage and do t communicate. We also just simply never adjust.

I think there are a lot of things that make this coach a bad one. Lack of fundamentals. Lack of a scheme to help us overcome talent deficits. Lack of adjustments when something is t working. Lack of heart in the face of adversity.

Basically all the things that would signal your team is good and ready to win.

I think we are MORE talented than Oregon State…but feel we get out coached and lose by 2 TDs in this one still. This team is THAT lost.
Where have you seen Brett wouldn’t let him run his defense?

There was something that came out before we played them last year. Went back to look for it but could t find it but there was some open beef there.
Brett was also pissy he left and took some guys. So if it is coming from him, not sure how much I buy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT