ADVERTISEMENT

4 games in.

z_one

True Freshman
Dec 27, 2007
I thought I would give some time to see if things improved before commenting. I'm sure some are licking their chops to give me hell because I supported giving Walters a chance. Well we have given him a chance and the product on the field looks terrible. I was shocked at the results of the ND game and overall have nothing good to say about what I have seen. Walters deserved to have us see what he could do. We went away from a tried and true formula when we did not bring in an experienced coach and staff. I understand why Bobinski moved as fast as he did with the cards he had been dealt. It was dumped in his lap as the calendar ran out and he thought he was getting a star in the making. Obviously trying to save the fall and spring portal timeframes and a poor recruiting class were not worth hiring an inexperienced head coach for a Big Ten team. Fire away.

I thought I would give some time to see if things improved before commenting. I'm sure some are licking their chops to give me hell because I supported giving Walters a chance. Well we have given him a chance and the product on the field looks terrible. I was shocked at the results of the ND game and overall have nothing good to say about what I have seen. Walters deserved to have us see what he could do. We went away from a tried and true formula when we did not bring in an experienced coach and staff. I understand why Bobinski moved as fast as he did with the cards he had been dealt. It was dumped in his lap as the calendar ran out and he thought he was getting a star in the making. Obviously trying to save the fall and spring portal timeframes and a poor recruiting class were not worth hiring an inexperienced head coach for a Big Ten team. Fire away.
I am just going to say Bobinski had plenty of time. We all knew Brohm was leaving.

Brohm literally almost left after what his first or 2nd year at Purdue for louisville?

Every off-season there was a rumor of him going somewhere and he was never one to just squash those rumors. Then in the summer before his last year here, he pretty much said he'd be back at Louisville while he was giving a speech.

It was obvious once the Louisville job opened up he was gone.

Brohm literally almost left after what his first or 2nd year at Purdue for louisville?

Every off-season there was a rumor of him going somewhere and he was never one to just squash those rumors. Then in the summer before his last year here, he pretty much said he'd be back at Louisville while he was giving a speech.

It was obvious once the Louisville job opened up he was gone.
This isn’t true. He came out pretty quick the first time and said he was staying. Got a hefty pay day as a reward too.

Sad that people try to peg our current situation on a coach who’s now 22 months removed.

This isn’t true. He came out pretty quick the first time and said he was staying. Got a hefty pay day as a reward too.

Sad that people try to peg our current situation on a coach who’s now 22 months removed.
No one is blaming Brohm now. Bobo knew Brohm would be leaving or is dumber than a box of rocks. As ImromBurgandy said Brohm was shopping for several years for a better job in his opinion.

Reactions: Boiler8285
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT