ADVERTISEMENT

21-22 roster up

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
The Purdue womens team already has the roster up including incoming Frosh, shows 12 girls, that's including former walk-on Stallings. My guess is that no more are leaving, probably will see at least 1 more addition.

Reactions: DocRon
I wish I was a certain as you. Still shocked over Traylor leaving. And Karissa too, as she talked so positively about playing here and going to graduate school (and was already in the school, Krannert I think.)

I always did think it was a little odd that she was playing, then out for a few games (due to her ankle bothering her) and then bam... gone for the season and no comment from her that I ever saw. But what do I know. She could have re-written Purdue’s individual scoring records if she had stayed and could match her first three years. Still, I wish her the best and I am thankful fior all that she gave her team in those solid three years.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but unless some top transfers come in, this is a weaker roster than even last year's and, sad to say, before this last season I said that it was the least talented roster since our national championship year. This one is no better and certainly younger and far less experienced. But we all know that and realize this is a watershed time for our WBB waiting to see if the Gearalds hire can turn things around in a significant way, but it is hard to believe that we will be very successful next year. Truly hope I am wrong.

Question: Any word on recruited forward Sasha Washington. Not listed on roster, but other three are. Thanks

I think LOI’s have not been binding when coaches change. But I’m not 100% certain.

LOL - there's a coaching change that has been announced, and a date for when it will occur. Pretty sure she has a good chance of being released.

Purdue should offer Bishop Noll PG Courtney Blakely a scholarship. She's really good, looks to be in the 100-150 range, in my view she's a lot better than that. Would like to see her get a shot.

Last edited:
The only way the coach in waiting is a success is IF Katie has a great recruiting class. Neither veterans or recruits appear to like the AD’s decision.

The only way the coach in waiting is a success is IF Katie has a great recruiting class. Neither veterans or recruits appear to like the AD’s decision.
That's a stretch Des. Vets like Karissa and Traylor probably want to play in the tournament, not going to happen at Purdue next year, besides them the Boilers lost 1 recruit from Georgia. No reason at all to bring the soon to be 25 year old Sr's back. This team won 7 games, if the vets want to go so be, the young players can just as easily win 7 games.

I wish I was a certain as you. Still shocked over Traylor leaving. And Karissa too, as she talked so positively about playing here and going to graduate school (and was already in the school, Krannert I think.)

I always did think it was a little odd that she was playing, then out for a few games (due to her ankle bothering her) and then bam... gone for the season and no comment from her that I ever saw. But what do I know. She could have re-written Purdue’s individual scoring records if she had stayed and could match her first three years. Still, I wish her the best and I am thankful fior all that she gave her team in those solid three years.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but unless some top transfers come in, this is a weaker roster than even last year's and, sad to say, before this last season I said that it was the least talented roster since our national championship year. This one is no better and certainly younger and far less experienced. But we all know that and realize this is a watershed time for our WBB waiting to see if the Gearalds hire can turn things around in a significant way, but it is hard to believe that we will be very successful next year. Truly hope I am wrong.
Who cares at this point what the team does in 2021-22? A 4-23 record next season is not the issue right now, and btw, is that worse than 1-11 for the football team under Hazell? The issue is the future...clean house... start fresh with all new players and system... They should have paid off SV and allowed Katie to start on her own next season with her own assistants.. but it is what it is... and SV hanging around will insure that the team has the worst record in it's history but it's all about the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT