ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

Ae'Rianna Harris was ranked #20 overall in ESPN rankings, Woltman was ranked #25 in ESPN rankings as well. Swanson being left off the top 100 list and then being invited to the USAB U18 team tryouts is extremely telling - only elite level kids are invited to try out for national teams. The ESPN rankings are not the end all, be all, authority of who are elite prospects. Prospect Nation and a couple other are also reputable. PN is extremely high on Monson and Layden in particular and not at all on Jones, for some reason, and I'm sure it's money driven - rankings have become extremely regional and mostly consist of the level of relationships AAU teams have with each recruiting company.

Also these rankings are after the Spring AAU season. They are considered pre-summer rankings - tons can change, and often do, after June and July tournaments. Kids just haven't been seen by everyone, largely due to Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purdue80 and DocRon
I think you're seeing a trend with the kids KG is recruiting - we are soon going to have a roster full of kids, both posts and guards, who can shoot the 3 at a high rate. That excites me. I've always wanted to lure a coach like Karl Smesko away from FGCU because I feel like a sharp shooting team like that would be super exciting to watch and it seems like KG is taking a note from his playbook as far as recruiting shooters all over the place. Now - post defense is going to be the question as the BIG will always have some bruising posts.

ADVERTISEMENT