ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting article

I have to believe that Painter being CoY and the great tourney run will impact recruiting positively.
There are many top recruits toehold will never get to see our facilities because they haven’t considered giving us a sniff. Maybe now they will, and they might like what they see

A lot of people don’t know about ‘other pro— leagues’ because so many analysts just say player so-and-so can ‘play overseas’ if they don’t go to the NBA. It would be nice/helpful for Purdue to give updates/stories from time to time of the overseas players (and Ithee counties) where players are playing. It is probably pleasantly shocking how many guys have and are playing there and what they make, etc.
I was semi-friends with Doug Lee when he played overseas. It was a good gig, they are idolized in their towns, he was told to go to a certain store and pick out any/all the furniture he wanted for the apt he was provided. Several tickets home for he and his wife every year. Enough pay to be excited, but the benes were very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmohlman and TX4GB
The forum down south has this Morton gentleman penciled in on their roster in 2 years. I have a feeling he’s leaning this way. For all you posters who was wishing CMP would latch onto a little CJB ‘s recruiting mojo, about a year ago, looks like you may be getting your wish. Salut.
Boiler Up!

Sounds like he is also close to if not the #1 target for Pitt as well, understandably.

It was kind of neat to go back and visit this after the Ivey and Morton commitments.

I think the need at the 4 is more than the 5, even with the possibility of Haarms leaving early.

Dickinson is a true back to the basket 5 that should be able to impose his will. If Painter gets him, he is going to feast and will force teams to pick their poison because not many will be able to guard him 1 on 1.

The pick and roll of Haarms was used pretty affectively last year, and I think Carlson is best suited for that type of movement. Not to mention he can shoot and guard the 4. What makes this most interesting is how slimmed down and athletic Tre looks already after the season. If he can play the 4 the need goes down slightly and allows Painter to grab Dickinson if he wants to commit. After watching Carlson it’s hard for me not to see comparisons to Hummel and VE. He can do it all and I think he has to be my favorite remaining target based on need. But, I am pretty sure Painter and still heavily after Dickinson.

I know Painter won’t oversign, but it will be worth watching Wheeler/Haarms/Nojel to see if any of the three leave early. If so, there would be room for both. Would be a nice consolation prize for losing one of those players early.

It was kind of neat to go back and visit this after the Ivey and Morton commitments.

I think the need at the 4 is more than the 5, even with the possibility of Haarms leaving early.

Dickinson is a true back to the basket 5 that should be able to impose his will. If Painter gets him, he is going to feast and will force teams to pick their poison because not many will be able to guard him 1 on 1.

The pick and roll of Haarms was used pretty affectively last year, and I think Carlson is best suited for that type of movement. Not to mention he can shoot and guard the 4. What makes this most interesting is how slimmed down and athletic Tre looks already after the season. If he can play the 4 the need goes down slightly and allows Painter to grab Dickinson if he wants to commit. After watching Carlson it’s hard for me not to see comparisons to Hummel and VE. He can do it all and I think he has to be my favorite remaining target based on need. But, I am pretty sure Painter and still heavily after Dickinson.

I know Painter won’t oversign, but it will be worth watching Wheeler/Haarms/Nojel to see if any of the three leave early. If so, there would be room for both. Would be a nice consolation prize for losing one of those players early.
No chance Wheeler goes to the NBA after this coming season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT