ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Updates?

rasrar

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I'd like to a thread that consolidates all the recruiting information for the 2017 class, so I though I'd make one.

Who are the players Purdue is targeting?

Is there any info regarding which recruits are leaning towards Purdue?

As of now, I think this is a list of players Purdue likely has some interest in:

SF Kris Wilkes
SG Paul Scruggs
SG Nojel Eastern
PF/C Malik Williams
PF Jaren Jackson Jr.

PF Derek Culver
PF Xavier Tillman
C Jeremiah Timon
SF Kyle Young

Who am I missing? Anyone have any idea how Purdue is doing recruiting the 5 players above?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahhculdee
I'd like to a thread that consolidates all the recruiting information for the 2017 class, so I though I'd make one.

Who are the players Purdue is targeting?

Is there any info regarding which recruits are leaning towards Purdue?

As of now, I think this is a list of players Purdue likely has some interest in:

SF Kris Wilkes
SG Paul Scruggs
SG Nojel Eastern
PF/C Malik Williams
PF Jaren Jackson Jr.

Who am I missing? Anyone have any idea how Purdue is doing recruiting the 5 players above?

Thanks.

Add Xavier Tillman to the list.

Reactions: rasrar
Jeremiah Tilmon is a 5-star with offers from MSU, No Carolina, IU, Illinois, NC State, and UCLA. It does not show an offer from Purdue. He attends La Lumiere.

From the list above, Xavier has offered Wilkes, Scruggs, Eastern, Williams, Jackson, Jr., Culver, and Young. I find it interesting that we are both on the same guys. I am sure geography has to do with it, but it doesn't appear to be as similar with any other school other than IU who has offered everyone.

Big rumor is Williams has mentioned many times that his choice will be Purdue. Good source but time will tell.

Big rumor is Williams has mentioned many times that his choice will be Purdue. Good source but time will tell.
I think we are in very good shape with him. He has to like what CMP has done with bigs. Keep that FW connection coming. That 17 class is loaded and I believe we only have 1 scholarship to give for that class and that is Stephens. That's why I'd like us to save this years. If we could get Williams and Wilkes, that would be an amazing class.

I hear Wilkes cannot turn-down Kentucky.

The 2017 class is loaded. Unfortunately, everyone agrees that it is and the competitive offers are daunting for us. It's awesome that we are competing with some solid programs for every one of these guys, on the other hand, we are competing with some pretty solid programs for every single one of them.

I hear Wilkes cannot turn-down Kentucky.

The 2017 class is loaded. Unfortunately, everyone agrees that it is and the competitive offers are daunting for us. It's awesome that we are competing with some solid programs for every one of these guys, on the other hand, we are competing with some pretty solid programs for every single one of them.
Big stage, Big life, Big 10. Going to have to beat the best to be the best. Did it with Biggie.

Ikechukwu Obiagu, a 5* C from GA, maybe the best shot blocker in the country, has a Purdue offer also.

Ikechukwu Obiagu, a 5* C from GA, maybe the best shot blocker in the country, has a Purdue offer also.

Yeah, but how good is Purdue's chance with him? I'd really like him but the competition is fierce, and we don't have very solid pipeline to GA.

Brian has a big board on the premie site he now maintains. If you are truly interested it might be worth the ten bucks a month.

Yeah, but how good is Purdue's chance with him? I'd really like him but the competition is fierce, and we don't have very solid pipeline to GA.
We have a pipeline to the NBA with our bigs. All 3 of them will end up there. If your a big and want to be featured in an offense, there is probably no better example in the nation than Purdue.

Reactions: Travisty13
We have a pipeline to the NBA with our bigs. All 3 of them will end up there. If your a big and want to be featured in an offense, there is probably no better example in the nation than Purdue.
Landry has had a solid NBA career and Painter got JJ there. His record is pretty good at this point considering none of them were locks coming out of HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT