ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class breakdown

But how could he have watched film on all of these guys in such a short time.

Brohm was already a coach. And as a coach, he had to be on the look out for players. Or his unannounced not officially hired assistant coaches were. I have to believe he knew and had probably contacted these players long before he became coach at Purdue.

Doubtful he recruited Jallow as an assistant at Louisville. Brohm hasn't coached at Louisville since 2008. Doubt he recruited him 9 years ago.

I can agree with that. Jallow was recruited by Louisville and comittted to Louisville out of high school in 2014 before going to a junior college. At that time Brohm was at WKU . Reports said he was in constant contact with Louisville's Petrino and would often accept the Louisville recruits that did not enroll in Louisville. A quick glance will reflect many of WKU's players had also received interest from Louisville.

I was incorrect in stating that Brohm knew Jallow from his days of being on Petrino's staff. However, due to his close relationship with Petrino, I'll stand by my speculation Brohm knew Jallow since his high school days. Earlier this year Jallow committed to Louisville once more, only to de commit their day Yeast committed. Within a week, Brohm offered him a scholarship to come to WKU, and he was one of his first targets after arriving at Purdue. To me that's indicative Brohm has had a longer than usual relationship with Jallow. Jallow wasn't just some available 3* on the market.

this is pure speculation. there was a post somewhere on this board that said Brohm couldn't officially hire his staff until after 31 December because of the NCAA rules that said you could only have so many coaches and Purdue didn't want to buy out their existing coaches. I have no proof if that's true. Let's assume it is. if you followed the Lane Kiffin saga, he has said he's been trying to do the duties of both OC for Alabama and head coach. for Florida Atlantic while technically still being employed by Alabama.

So here is my speculation. Brohm has had his staff selected for over a month. He just couldn't officially announce it until today. if Kiffin could be a head coach and still be OC for Alabama, what is stopping guys like Holt being the DC for WKU and recruiting for Purdue? I have to believe he was offered the position by Brohm before Brohm took the position as head coach. And Brohm was a great negotiator for his assistant coaches' salaries .

We've seen a mass exodus of players at WKU. they had to know their coaches were leaving.

What am I saying ??? I think Brohm was the front man in signing all these players. but, I believe his assistant coaches were the ones doing the legwork and watching film and advising him what players to go after. I can believe there were certain players Brohm already established relations with while at WKU. But a couple of his signings came out of nowhere. When Hamilton made his official visit, he had a long talk with Shephard and Brohm. . I have to believe Brohm informed him who the coaches would be; the same for all the other commitments

it's a question of ethics. if you're Holt, and you know you're going to be the def coord for Purdue, while still employed by WKU, where is your allegiance? I have to believe that's why Saban fired Kiffin, as I can easily see Kiffin trying to steal a few Alabama recruiting left-overs. but if you're Holt, you've probably seen some game film of Higgins, and he recruited Hightower and he passed the name of Higgins to Brohm, and Hightower signed knowing Holt would be named DC. it's been said Petrino constantly advised recruits he couldn't sign to contact Brohm at WKU. I guess there is technically nothing wrong with holt advising players to sign with Purdue over WKU. is this possible ?? I know Lane Kiffin would do it in a heart beat.

Reactions: ChuckJr
All I know is if Juco Kelti Williams signs with Purdue. He would be a multiple year starter from day one. Easily be the best DB on the team. And one of the top players. Kid is a more athletic Stu. Can cover and make tackles.

All I know is if Juco Kelti Williams signs with Purdue. He would be a multiple year starter from day one. Easily be the best DB on the team. And one of the top players. Kid is a more athletic Stu. Can cover and make tackles.
Sounds more like Bernard Pollard

I updated the first post with the latest commit. This past weekend was a big one for recruiting and hopefully it pays off with some commits in the near future.

Dante Johnson was a get at a position of need, however it is hard to project him getting early playing time at DT being only at 250. It doesn't mean he can't and we did play two true freshmen there last year, but both of those guys were huge. He has a nice frame and should be able to put some weight and strength on for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT