ADVERTISEMENT

Still #2 in the AP poll with 16 #1 votes

I’m not concerned about the rankings. We only really have two recruiting targets and only one scholarship to give. And our top target watched as we destroyed IU. So I doubt he cares about our rankings. I also expect unless some catastrophe happens, we’ll still get a #1 seed and get the location we want. So give me a 1 or a 2 or a 3 or 4. It doesn’t really matter.

What I’m more curious about and what concerns me is how do we stack up against UCONN. Is it a good matchup? Are they the type of team with awesome guards and three centers who can foul all night long? Are they a run and gun? Are they fundamentally sound? If it comes down to Purdue and UConn, how do you see it playing out?
Purdue matches up quite nicely with UConn. Should be a good national championship game.

A big concern for our team heading into March

I don’t understand people claiming fatigue is an actual issue. We are talking about athletes who train and practice all week. And in their spare time they play pick up basketball games.

As high school players, as part of the process of being a high school basketball player, they would play high school games and three different seasons of AAU games.

We have 19 year olds playing in g leagues and euro leagues and in the NBA. I haven’t read one story about any 19 year old playing professionally that ever talked about fatigue as an excuse.

What I do see is injuries and players trying to play through them and I also see players returning too soon after an injury. And some injuries like hamstring injuries can be lingering or reoccurring.
I would say maybe when guys are freshman they’re not as used to traveling via air and having to play at a high level multiple times a week/in a month on top of just being a college kid. But after that first year, it shouldn’t matter as they’ll definitely be conditioned for it. Braden has looked fine for quite some time now.
Reactions: Wolegib

So we need to fix the border.

It's his modus operandi:
  1. Ignores the source material
  2. Finds a link that supports his theory
  3. Cherry-picks a few lines from the link he likes, often taken out of context
  4. Draws his own conclusions
  5. Asks a leading question
  6. Gets asked again if he's read the source material
  7. Responds with a question or two that is contrary to the source material
  8. Get asked again to read the source material
  9. Responds with a whattaboutism that includes a childish insulting nickname that he made up.
  10. Responds by asking the poster who implored him to stay on point why they don't control another poster that has called him out because he cannot stay on point
Rinse and repeat in every thread.

*at times, he will skip directly to steps 8 & 9.*
Solid list.
I would just add if you fail to answer one of said questions, subject will say you’re afraid to answer and hound you until you do………never coming to the realization you have an answer but are simply tired of the clown show.
Reactions: HoosierfanJM

I don't know why you think this is a burn. We aren't talking about having above average shooting every night, we are talking about a level of streakiness that some of our other top shooters don't quite have.

I get it though, people are taking it as unfair criticism of Loyer and going into defense mode. But the reality is that he isn't a perfect player, and we can talk about weaknesses without people getting upset. He has two "needs to improve" being more consistent on the offensive end, and being better on defense.
1) I’m just playing dude, wasn’t meant to be a burn 2) as stated for the third time now, unless you’re comparing him to elite, elite shooters, Fletcher has not be been streaky this year, he just hasn’t 3) absolutely agree that there’s plenty of room for growth in his game, particularly on the defensive end but on offense as well
Reactions: Zaphod_B

Painter needs to work on signing players who have above average shooting nights every time out ;)
I don't know why you think this is a burn. We aren't talking about having above average shooting every night, we are talking about a level of streakiness that some of our other top shooters don't quite have.

I get it though, people are taking it as unfair criticism of Loyer and going into defense mode. But the reality is that he isn't a perfect player, and we can talk about weaknesses without people getting upset. He has two "needs to improve" being more consistent on the offensive end, and being better on defense.

Awesome Edey article, talking about his draft potential.

I mean I think the problem is going to be NBA teams aren't likely to adjust against the grain of how they play offense to go back to old school back to the basket dump it down offense.

Doesn't mean he won't be drafted. And doesn't mean he can't see playing time. I'm going to guess it will be situational though.

It's not his fault and it's not a lack of talent on his part, it's just a schematic thing. 10 years or more ago and he's a top 3 pick and guaranteed starter.
He’s pretty good in pick and roll already.
The thing about Zach is that nobody knows where his ceiling is because he just keeps getting better each season.

Harris is coming ! Harris is special.

Oh I’m out there defending him and laughing at them. They don’t watch him like we all do, every game. They think he’s only good cuz of Zach. But they’ll see next year without Zach, but then they’ll make up another excuse. All I know is I’m glad he’s our PG and standby saying he’s going to be the best PG we have seen at Purdue.
I know that I was just teasing you
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

Harris is coming ! Harris is special.

Oh I’m out there defending him and laughing at them. They don’t watch him like we all do, every game. They think he’s only good cuz of Zach. But they’ll see next year without Zach, but then they’ll make up another excuse. All I know is I’m glad he’s our PG and standby saying he’s going to be the best PG we have seen at

Catchings could be a one and done player, he has that level tallent. Loyer might never make the NBA. I know talent isnt everything, and CMP is loyal, but Catchings I feel is coming in and will be special from day 1. Including Biggie, I think Catchings might be our best recruit since Big Dog.

Just an opinion, but the type that starts from day 1, as for Harris, I havent watch film on him, but I hear great things about him too....lots of competition next year for the starting spots.
No that would be Zach but I agree with everything else. Harris has the body to play but Myles isn't starting and nor will Harris unless Braden makes Kelsey Barlow's prediction come true and Braden is NBA ready. Harris plays hard and is a constant threat on both sides of the ball. Kanon looks the part but this crap league is hurting him for the College level while benefitting for the NBA. He can be the most dominating player in the blink of the eye. He is special.
Reactions: Boiler Buck

Take care of MN at home like we should, and I gotta believe Purdue will be announced as the overall #1 when the in-season top 16 seeds get announced this Saturday.

I know it's only a preview that can certainly change but will still be hugely satisfying seeing it on Saturday. It's also a big fat carrot put out in front of them... See this #1 overall, you earned it... now finish the season strong to keep it!
Completely agree.

Don’t look now but UConn’s December 20 loss at Seton Hall has been downgraded to Q2 (Seton Hall currently #76 in NET, to go with Kansas #17 prior to their evisceration at Texas Tech, vs. Nebraska #53 and Northwestern #56). So not only do we have better wins, we arguably also have less-bad losses.
Take care of MN at home like we should, and I gotta believe Purdue will be announced as the overall #1 when the in-season top 16 seeds get announced this Saturday.

I know it's only a preview that can certainly change but will still be hugely satisfying seeing it on Saturday. It's also a big fat carrot put out in front of them... See this #1 overall, you earned it... now finish the season strong to keep it!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT