ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Harvey and Alex Hemenway

oldboiler52

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2012
To the best of my knowledge neither have a Purdue offer as of yet . However both have drawn a lot of Coach Painters time this month .
Harvey is a 2019 four star 6' 5" shooting guard from Kansas . The connection is coach Lutz he was recruiting Harvey while at Creighton . Ranked as high # 35 kid can play . Offers include Kansas and everyone else . He does have some baggage and a court date may 29th .
Alex Hemenway is a three star 6'3" shooting/combo guard 2019 , This kid is one of Indiana's best players and maybe the best shooter . Has offers from X , Butler and many more . Plays for Indiana Elite ( Adidas ) which we now know how much Adidas supports IU .
One last related Brandon Newman a three star 6'3 shooting guard 2019 continues to rise with Purdue .

Good information. I tend to think people forget how many good to great players are out there that the recruiting sites pass up or don’t know about.

Reactions: oldboiler52
To the best of my knowledge neither have a Purdue offer as of yet . However both have drawn a lot of Coach Painters time this month .
Harvey is a 2019 four star 6' 5" shooting guard from Kansas . The connection is coach Lutz he was recruiting Harvey while at Creighton . Ranked as high # 35 kid can play . Offers include Kansas and everyone else . He does have some baggage and a court date may 29th .
Alex Hemenway is a three star 6'3" shooting/combo guard 2019 , This kid is one of Indiana's best players and maybe the best shooter . Has offers from X , Butler and many more . Plays for Indiana Elite ( Adidas ) which we now know how much Adidas supports IU .
One last related Brandon Newman a three star 6'3 shooting guard 2019 continues to rise with Purdue .
What’s the holdup on the Newman offer? He’s ranked 140 by 247, and has now been offered by X, Creighton, and Florida State. Any offcourt concerns?

What’s the holdup on the Newman offer? He’s ranked 140 by 247, and has now been offered by X, Creighton, and Florida State. Any offcourt concerns?
Coach Lutz told me Newman needs to refine his handles before they send him an offer. Hope they don't wait too long.

Hemenway goes to the same high school I went to. I was under the impression he was a great shooter but not really a B1G caliber player otherwise. That could be way off base though since it's only heresay from people who've seen him play maybe once.

I haven't seen any thing that he has ever had baggage just goes out and plays hard . But with Isaiah and Hunter already on board another slender guard may be a bit of a risk . Franklin at 6'4 and 180 is a better body at the 3 if needed .

Reactions: Schnelk

Yea with Bossi saying might be a top 75 guy, I was wondering the same deal.
Heard the deal on his handle, but really, if Bossi is saying top 75 how bad could it be? So can't really believe that it is that bad.

Just an awesome -great shooter though.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-first-live-period-stock-boosters

So his hs coach wasn't aware of any charges against him. Right I got it........not

Yep. I read the article. Sexual activities with underaged girls. Sex with underaged girls is considered non consensual hence my crack shot at MSU. Sorry I had to paint the picture for you. I’ve run out of crayons.
Where did it say he actually had sex with an underaged girl? And he’s underage also, by the way.

And he’s underage also, by the way.
That is the part that confuses me. Granted I see they are pushing the fact he supposedly coerced her into sending the photos (maybe) and was going to use them against the girl?

I mean if a 16 year old hooking up with a 15 year old is now a crime, I would have been F'd hard back in the day.

That is the part that confuses me. Granted I see they are pushing the fact he supposedly coerced her into sending the photos (maybe) and was going to use them against the girl?

I mean if a 16 year old hooking up with a 15 year old is now a crime, I would have been F'd hard back in the day.

Is having sex with a minor female treated as statutory rape in Indiana? it is in many states regardless of the male's age. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, or even disagreeing with you. Just posing the question.

Is having sex with a minor female treated as statutory rape in Indiana? it is in many states regardless of the male's age. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, or even disagreeing with you. Just posing the question.
I think it is unless there is parent consent.

With "Parent Consent" you know how much trouble those parents would be in if they gave consent to their underage daughter having sex? Regardless of the males age. They would probably get in a lot of trouble. That is the world we live in nowadays. If the underage male forces himself on the girl I can understand him getting in trouble. Of they both are underage and consent to it then so what. My ass would have been in trouble when I was underage if that is the case.

We have a registered sex offender in our community. he was convicted of having sex with a minor. he was 18, and she was 17 and they were both in the same high school class and dating for over 2 years. However, her parents didn't like him, and he was charged and convicted of statutory rape and now carries the permanent label of sex offender. Whether I agree with it, the courts upheld the law.

Two underaged kids experimenting with sex should not be a crime. I have to agree with some here that the issue with this kid seems overblown, unless...
...unless his motives and actions were more than simple sex. If he was pimping out this girl, or in anyway extorting her, then maybe he does belong at MSU.

I got the impression from reading the article that it was more than underage sex.

Hemenway goes to the same high school I went to. I was under the impression he was a great shooter but not really a B1G caliber player otherwise. That could be way off base though since it's only heresay from people who've seen him play maybe once.

Hemenway might have a higher ceiling in baseball than basketball.

I’ve been told by a solid source that, in his estimation, Hemenway is the best baseball prospect in Southern Indiana. His fastball is in the neighborhood of 90 — but his preferred position is SS (at his size??). But, unless I’m mistaken, he doesn’t even play for Castle. Maybe the coach(es) told him to pick a sport?

Hemenway might have a higher ceiling in baseball than basketball.

I’ve been told by a solid source that, in his estimation, Hemenway is the best baseball prospect in Southern Indiana. His fastball is in the neighborhood of 90 — but his preferred position is SS (at his size??). But, unless I’m mistaken, he doesn’t even play for Castle. Maybe the coach(es) told him to pick a sport?
When I was at Castle (~10 years ago) we had several guys that played both sports and I’m pretty sure the coaches are the same. It’s interesting that he doesn’t play baseball for Castle though. The coach is a doofus so I wouldn’t be surprised if that had something to do with it.

Reactions: ChuckJr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT