ADVERTISEMENT

What do you say to scared Americans?

"I CAN'T TRUST MY PRESIDENT TO TELL ME THE TRUTH OR LEAD THE NATION DURING THIS CRISIS BUT IT IN NO WAY CHANGES MY OPINION OF HIM AS A GREAT PRESIDENT WHO SHOULD BE RE-ELECTED."
In the event Trump can get the country through this crises he should be re elected. There has been no bigger crises than world leaders have experienced than this.

But it continues to climb
The only way to balance the budget is to stem the ever-growing entitlements. Are you going to cut my social security? Dub's Medicade? We've given so much away for eons to come that someone is going to have to bite the bullet and take some of it back.

I really believe if Trump is re-elected, all of that will be on the table.

The only way to balance the budget is to stem the ever-growing entitlements. Are you going to cut my social security? Dub's Medicade? We've given so much away for eons to come that someone is going to have to bite the bullet and take some of it back.

I would start with the entitlements for the war machine disguised as defense spending.

Lockheed
Boeing
Northrop

Aren't most of your anti-psychotic medications covered by Medicare Part D ??
You'd be up Sh__'s Creek if entitlement reform ever messed with that !

Reactions: Monkey Pox
But there was a huge defecit left from Bush 2 and then blown up even more by Obama. I hate not having a balanced budget.
Twin B.S. Fact-checking , Inc...….at your service.
Pres. Barack Obama DID NOT HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE GREAT RECESSION OF 2008-2009, YOU IGNORANT FOOL.
He didn't "blow up " anything, unless you count the dumbass attempt to bring his signature on TARP legislation/Stimulus Package bills of 2009 into the conversation. Which only a fool would do.

Raise your hand.

In the event Trump can get the country through this crises he should be re elected. There has been no bigger crises than world leaders have experienced than this.
If our beloved country "get(s) through " this crisis, one of history's key questions might be - were we able to do it moreso because of Trump, or in spite of Trump ?

I think we are at greater risk by being dependent on China supplied medication than any Medicare reform
Well, yeah BSIT..of course.....
You just kinda jumped into the line of fire, here, of the Twin/W's ongoing quip contest...….

Reactions: BSIT
Yes but didn’t Trump have majority in both house for the first two years?

You can only work with the cards that you are dealt. McConnell and Ryan both are anti-Trump. Most members of Congress regardless of party are just awful with the idea of only spending what you bring in and paying off the debt. I'll throw Trump into this basket as well since I thought he would at least veto the first overblown budget that they sent over to him.

I don't what your definition of "get through" is. We will get through it, just a matter of how long and what's the cost economically and, more importantly, to human life.

It doesn't matter what the definition is when it comes to the election. Trump will declare victory and take responsibility.......when he says he takes no responsibility for his actions so far. To be clear, this is a man who has said his "travel ban" of 10 weeks ago was the master stroke that made the effects of the virus much less than they would have been.........when we have no idea what the final effects will be.......the virus is still spreading at a furious rate.

Trump will take credit whether the death toll is a 100 or a 1000 or 10,000......because it would have been much worse without him. The governors and local officials that are doing the heavy lifting will get no such credit even though the government is not a shipping clerk. Trump will give his effort an 11 and the trumpers will say they told us so. @gr8indoorsman said as much early on.

And all they did was push through a tax cut for the wealthy that exploded the deficit.

Indy, have you ever taken a look at the annual figures on how much our federal government brings in? It's not hard to look up and it increases every single year, including each year following the tax cut. I would have gone with corporate/business tax cuts along with a huge tax cut for the middle class. Even so, our government has made spending more than they bring in the standard for decades and it just isn't something that most of the general public cares about.

Too much to list but the daily temper tantrum was great again...

“There’s never been a thing like this in the history of the world...”

Cleaning masks with liquids

A few whatabouts

He just learned about long range thermometers

"I wish China told us more" even though our intelligence told him (but we don't believe the intelligence community)

"I acted far before anybody thought I should be"

Same crap, every day.

And the last one, Trump: Ventilators are complicated.....two minutes later Pence correctly states that they aren't. Actually invented in 1928 Donald.

Last edited:
I don't what your definition of "get through" is. We will get through it, just a matter of how long and what's the cost economically and, more importantly, to human life.

It doesn't matter what the definition is when it comes to the election. Trump will declare victory and take responsibility.......when he says he takes no responsibility for his actions so far. To be clear, this is a man who has said his "travel ban" of 10 weeks ago was the master stroke that made the effects of the virus much less than they would have been.........when we have no idea what the final effects will be.......the virus is still spreading at a furious rate.

Trump will take credit whether the death toll is a 100 or a 1000 or 10,000......because it would have been much worse without him. The governors and local officials that are doing the heavy lifting will get no such credit even though the government is not a shipping clerk. Trump will give his effort an 11 and the trumpers will say they told us so. @gr8indoorsman said as much early on.
It will matter what the definition is. If the country is closed for business longer than 30 days it will be an economic catastrophe that Trump will not overcome. It already is an economic catastrophe. If it lasts to long not sure how the country will be like once it’s over.

A few whatabouts

"I wish China told us more" even though our intelligence told him (but we don't believe the intelligence community)

Same crap, every day.
Just like what you post, same crap every day. I must say this place is entertaining though.

Reactions: PA Boilermakers

A few whatabouts

Same crap, every day.

And the last one, Trump: Ventilators are complicated.....two minutes later Pence correctly states that they aren't. Actually invented in 1928 Donald.

Trump relying on Fox News in lieu of intelligence briefings, came back to bite the country in the ass.

Attached is a link from your favorite news source. I saw it live and again the back and forth between the reporter and Trump needs to be put into context . https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...thing-wrong-why-are-the-media-lying-about-it/
Has the virus made you give any thought at all to the media sources you use? Watching them downplay it day after day? Seems like you’d be in a high risk group and would want factual information released to the public to protect yourself and others.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Attached is a link from your favorite news source. I saw it live and again the back and forth between the reporter and Trump needs to be put into context . https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...thing-wrong-why-are-the-media-lying-about-it/

We don't need media sources. He shows his ass to the whole world on a daily basis. I will repeat for the 1000th time, his schtick isn't a joke right now and just saying complete and utter BS is dangerous. The Peter Alexander thing is just one episode of about 50 that he has had since this has gotten real. He has proven to be everything that I worried about when the Republican party couldn't get someone honorable to run for President.

Also, are you watching these briefings or just reading the articles? What about them, to you, even come close to being a leader or being presidential? Do you think it is ok that he just says things that are completely factually wrong and has to be corrected by everyone at the podium with him every day?

If your kid came to you and acted like this, would you give him a free pass? The lack of accountability for anything is just completely unacceptable for any human being, let alone the president of the United States. Watch Andrew Cuomo say that all of this is on him.

If he wants to blame Obama for this, what the hell has he been doing for four years? And I get it, he didn't do anything either but it just isn't comforting to point to a guy that hasn't been in office for four years and when, even though how much he wants to tell us, he had many people telling him this was going to be an issue.

One last thing, watch George Ws speech to Congress after 9/11 and tell me what you think. Here is a snippet for you

The civilized world is rallying to America’s side. They understand that if this terror goes unpunished, their own cities, their own citizens may be next. Terror, unanswered, can not only bring down buildings, it can threaten the stability of legitimate governments. And you know what — we’re not going to allow it.

Americans are asking: What is expected of us? I ask you to live your lives, and hug your children. I know many citizens have fears tonight, and I ask you to be calm and resolute, even in the face of a continuing threat. I ask you to uphold the values of America, and remember why so many have come here. We are in a fight for our principles, and our first responsibility is to live by them. No one should be singled out for unfair treatment or unkind words because of their ethnic background or religious faith.

I miss this from our leaders and you all should as well.....

Lol. He wasn't asked the same question twice as the article says.......and actually quotes.

"Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving Americans a false sense of hope, and misrepresenting the preparedness right now?"

Yes or no question.

"So what do you say Americans who are scared, though? I guess — nearly 200 dead; 14,000 who are sick; millions, as you witnessed, who are scared right now, What do you say Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"

A Pence answer would have been just fine. Or if it was the same question as the article falsely implies, just say I already answered that. But no, Trump has to make it personal, has to change the subject, has to make it about the media and, thanks to all his previous whining for three years, about how horrible he is treated.

If he can't handle questions he shouldn't take them. And yes, sometimes he gets the same one asked a different way and yes I don't doubt one bit that he is baited at times. And yes, a reasonable man acting presidential should be able to control himself and not act like a spoiled brat.

Reactions: BleedinGold
And maybe even use some humor in his responses. That would go a long way. He acts like he is the only president in history who has been attacked by the press. Read some history and note how even presidents who we now consider great were attacked. And they call Democrats snowflakes!

Problem solved.

Reporter: For those people who have lost their jobs already, or they’re worried about to lose it tomorrow, what do you want them to do now?

Trump: What they do right now is keep receiving their paychecks. Hopefully, their companies will been in a strong position. We want to keep everything together. We think we’ll have a tremendous bounce back. Some people agree with that strongly, some of our top economists say once we solve the problem, we’re working on the medical problem. So we want them to keep their jobs, stay where you are, and we’ll see what happens. If they don’t, we unemployment, checks, a lot of very positive things.”

Reactions: doubleyous and BSIT
We don't need media sources. He shows his ass to the whole world on a daily basis. I will repeat for the 1000th time, his schtick isn't a joke right now and just saying complete and utter BS is dangerous. The Peter Alexander thing is just one episode of about 50 that he has had since this has gotten real. He has proven to be everything that I worried about when the Republican party couldn't get someone honorable to run for President.

Also, are you watching these briefings or just reading the articles? What about them, to you, even come close to being a leader or being presidential? Do you think it is ok that he just says things that are completely factually wrong and has to be corrected by everyone at the podium with him every day?

If your kid came to you and acted like this, would you give him a free pass? The lack of accountability for anything is just completely unacceptable for any human being, let alone the president of the United States. Watch Andrew Cuomo say that all of this is on him.

If he wants to blame Obama for this, what the hell has he been doing for four years? And I get it, he didn't do anything either but it just isn't comforting to point to a guy that hasn't been in office for four years and when, even though how much he wants to tell us, he had many people telling him this was going to be an issue.

One last thing, watch George Ws speech to Congress after 9/11 and tell me what you think. Here is a snippet for you

The civilized world is rallying to America’s side. They understand that if this terror goes unpunished, their own cities, their own citizens may be next. Terror, unanswered, can not only bring down buildings, it can threaten the stability of legitimate governments. And you know what — we’re not going to allow it.

Americans are asking: What is expected of us? I ask you to live your lives, and hug your children. I know many citizens have fears tonight, and I ask you to be calm and resolute, even in the face of a continuing threat. I ask you to uphold the values of America, and remember why so many have come here. We are in a fight for our principles, and our first responsibility is to live by them. No one should be singled out for unfair treatment or unkind words because of their ethnic background or religious faith.

I miss this from our leaders and you all should as well.....
I saw it live and my point is many in the media only focused on the second half without acknowledging the context. But yes I wish Trump would quit being so thin skinned and act more like Pence during these pressers. Gets old hearing how he stopped the virus by implementing his travel ban which undoubtedly helped and even if true he needs to stop blaming previous administrations for the mess he inherited. There will be plenty of time to review after this crisis ends. I said on a previous OP that he’d be better if he would step out of the way and let Pence lead the pressers and I still believe that

Has the virus made you give any thought at all to the media sources you use? Watching them downplay it day after day? Seems like you’d be in a high risk group and would want factual information released to the public to protect yourself and others.
You’re too easy

Indy, have you ever taken a look at the annual figures on how much our federal government brings in? It's not hard to look up and it increases every single year, including each year following the tax cut. I would have gone with corporate/business tax cuts along with a huge tax cut for the middle class. Even so, our government has made spending more than they bring in the standard for decades and it just isn't something that most of the general public cares about.
And I find it disingenuous to say tax cuts on the wealthy are on the backs of the middle class when the wealthy pay most of the tax bill to begin with while many don’t even pay any or very little. Look like others should be paying their fair share

Reactions: SKYDOG
And I find it disingenuous to say tax cuts on the wealthy are on the backs of the middle class when the wealthy pay most of the tax bill to begin with while many don’t even pay any or very little. Look like others should be paying their fair share
I agree totally on this. In addition please close the loopholes on companies not paying taxes for years. AMAZON please stop screwing America.

I agree totally on this. In addition please close the loopholes on companies not paying taxes for years. AMAZON please stop screwing America.
Agree, we need to flatten the tax brackets to help eliminate special interest influence

A few whatabouts

Same crap, every day.

I'm not supporting Trump with this post, but Mr. Trump hater, I just spoke with a niece who's a nurse at a Columbus, Ohio., hospital and they're sending their masks out to be sterilized and using them multiple times. As for the cleaning masks with liquids, how else are you going to clean the clear face masks they use? You gonna' spit on 'em and wipe them off with your sleeve? Will your hatred never end?

Agree, we need to flatten the tax brackets to help eliminate special interest influence
Again, BSIT: flattening the tax brackets is just the easiest way to make the wealthiest Americans richer, and the neediest Americans poorer. Simple arithmetic.

Over a bunch of dead bodies will that happen.

Reactions: indy35
I'm not supporting Trump with this post, but Mr. Trump hater, I just spoke with a niece who's a nurse at a Columbus, Ohio., hospital and they're sending their masks out to be sterilized and using them multiple times. As for the cleaning masks with liquids, how else are you going to clean the clear face masks they use? You gonna' spit on 'em and wipe them off with your sleeve? Will your hatred never end?

I don't hate anyone. I really don't. Some people are just unfit to do things.

Additionally, I wish your niece the very best in what could be a terrible situation for her and all the others on the front lines of this. The exhaustion and risked faced by the medical personnel in Italy is just terrible and I hope that our people don't have to make the decisions they are being forced to make.

As the richest country in the world, I just think we should have had the tools for something that had a good chance of happening to protect the people that will be risking their own lives to save others. I don't think that is much to ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT