ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we tried the high scoring stuff

Higgins

Senior
Aug 16, 2001
How did that work out for us? They sure were fun to watch, especially early in the season. Ivey had a crappy game on Friday night, not to mention other guys. We lost by 3 and there were about 25 things that could have been different and we would have won. I am very glad that we had seniors who represented Purdue well. I don't question their hearts at all and glad they were Boilermakers. I really enjoyed Ivey on this team the last 2 years. What an explosive player. It just seemed that his type of game and our throw it inside no matter what didn't go together well. Not to mention, I don't think we will ever have a player fouled so many times and not getting the call as Ivey this year. If he stayed in college maybe he would eventually get the "star" treatment from the refs. But he is gone and good luck to him. I might even watch some NBA games to follow him.

On to next year. Painter is our coach and I get sick of so many jumping on this bandwagon of firing him when we lose. He has some great players still on this team and great players coming in over the next few years. Recipe for winning? We need guards who are built like tanks. We need guards with motors that just never quit. Brandon Smith sounds like he could eventually be a real tone setter. Watching the NCAA tournament, the guards on these successful teams are strong dudes. We need guards who can handle the ball and run over and thru guys. All of our guards don't have to be that way, but we need a bouple like that. We NEED to be a great defensive team. We need to play defense like Purdue teams in the past. We need a forward who can play defense, rebound AND score. TKR? I think Gillis can be that. IO can't wait to see what Waddell can do.

Just my opinion for what it is worth (which ain't much)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News