ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger Campbell official Purdue visit this weekend

Does Tyger sign now(2weeks or so) or spring?

Somebody else said it earlier and I agree. If Tyger commits soon, Purdue has a much higher chance at getting him. If he waits, it means he isn't sold on Purdue and is hoping for a traditional powerhouse to come knocking. Missouri is competition, but aren't they after Ramey and already full on scholarships? Purdue is in the best place and has the best coach of his current offers. I like our chances, and this would be an excellent spot for Tyger!

Reactions: anon_y5n942o85fk69
Somebody else said it earlier and I agree. If Tyger commits soon, Purdue has a much higher chance at getting him. If he waits, it means he isn't sold on Purdue and is hoping for a traditional powerhouse to come knocking. Missouri is competition, but aren't they after Ramey and already full on scholarships? Purdue is in the best place and has the best coach of his current offers. I like our chances, and this would be an excellent spot for Tyger!

Agreed. And Purdue is a better program than Mizzou, so not sure why he would go there over Purdue.

Scout's crystal ball just gave another nod to Purdue...
Really like this comment from him:

What do you like about those guys?

I just really like Coach Painter, he’s a great guy and just the system. They normally have a good flow of big men there and I love to get assists, so just throwing it into a big man and just all ball-screens and everything seems like it would fit.

Honestly, I don't have any issue with a kid waiting a bit longer to see if something comes along that he feels may be a better fit. If CMP can sell the program and the advantages to a kid and he wants to wait a bit, CMP can and has found players who fit in his system. That was proven with Xavier Simpson leaving and CMP finding and being able to get Carsen Edwards.

Honestly, I don't have any issue with a kid waiting a bit longer to see if something comes along that he feels may be a better fit. If CMP can sell the program and the advantages to a kid and he wants to wait a bit, CMP can and has found players who fit in his system. That was proven with Xavier Simpson leaving and CMP finding and being able to get Carsen Edwards.

I didn't say I had a problem with it. If I was the father of a top talent, at this point waiting is the right move for him.

As for Missouri, they have the talent to really compete next year. They took Kansas to the end in the exhibition charity game. I am not writing them off. Porter is going to be a monster. They will be young and struggle, but a sweet 16 should be the floor for them. Not a team I would want to see come tournament time.

I didn't say I had a problem with it. If I was the father of a top talent, at this point waiting is the right move for him.

As for Missouri, they have the talent to really compete next year. They took Kansas to the end in the exhibition charity game. I am not writing them off. Porter is going to be a monster. They will be young and struggle, but a sweet 16 should be the floor for them. Not a team I would want to see come tournament time.
Michael Porter will be gone next year. His little brother might be too.

Michael Porter will be gone next year. His little brother might be too.

Next year was referring to this year. Micheal Porter will be gone, and probably the top pick. His brother and the other top recruit will be curious. Zo needs to win with these players because this is the most talent on a roster he has had and can hope to see anytime soon.

Next year was referring to this year. Micheal Porter will be gone, and probably the top pick. His brother and the other top recruit will be curious. Zo needs to win with these players because this is the most talent on a roster he has had and can hope to see anytime soon.
Oh ok. Thought it was regarding who Tyger would be playing with.

Still have the DePaul guy standing firm. He either has the inside scoop or it is just wishful thinking at this point.

If Tyger does commit, it will be fun seeing him run the break with Carsen, Nojel, Hunter and Wheeler filling the wings. Hope Purdue gets him.

Tyger makes Purdue much more enticing for future recruits and would give Purdue one heck of a incoming class. KBJ and Tyger are close and play really well together. Might give us an edge over the adidas school to the south.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT