ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger Campbell official Purdue visit this weekend

Is Tyger better than Robert Phinissee?
He is quicker and more explosive than Rob but both are special players . I have seen much more of Rob than Tyger both are proven winners . Rankings are just opinions and you know what opinions are like .

I’ll repost my previous question. How much higher would he be ranked if he had not reclassified?

He was top 25 before reclassifying. I don't know if he would have gone up or down, but changing classes dropped his rating a lot. He was widely regarded as one of the top PGs in the '19 class. Not sure why, because mentally and physically he appears as ready as anybody for the college game.

As for comparing him to Rob, Tyger is several inches bigger and more explosive. Rob is quick and can score really well. Tyger is a floor general and he always seems in control. If Purdue pairs him with players like KBJ and Jackson-Davis, we would be favorites to win a national championship. Even if we don't land KBJ or Jacksonville Davis, he will mesh very well with Wheeler and Eastern. He likes throwing to cutters for easy buckets and highlight reel dunks. My best compliment to Tyger is that he is fun to watch and he makes all of his teammates better.

He was top 25 before reclassifying. I don't know if he would have gone up or down, but changing classes dropped his rating a lot. He was widely regarded as one of the top PGs in the '19 class. Not sure why, because mentally and physically he appears as ready as anybody for the college game.

As for comparing him to Rob, Tyger is several inches bigger and more explosive. Rob is quick and can score really well. Tyger is a floor general and he always seems in control. If Purdue pairs him with players like KBJ and Jackson-Davis, we would be favorites to win a national championship. Even if we don't land KBJ or Jacksonville Davis, he will mesh very well with Wheeler and Eastern. He likes throwing to cutters for easy buckets and highlight reel dunks. My best compliment to Tyger is that he is fun to watch and he makes all of his teammates better.
They are the same size both listed at 6' 170 . I think the hair has you confused .

Seems to be a fit here to readers..... It will be interesting if Tyger and his cubs surrounding him come to that realization too.

Good players, especially wing players, want to play with guards who are willing and able passers.
Good teams usually have good passers...something not directly tied to assists, but still there. Nothing mroe fun than playing with people that can AND will pass the ball. This is why Matt values Dakota so much...and why in crunch time it is Dakota with the ball in his hands and four others wondering if they might get it...even if it is nothing more than a slip by Biggie in Bloomington for the huge basket and foul by whoever it was that came too late from the far baseline that was occupied due to Matt having a shooter he had to cover over there

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
He can easily go 3 guards. Hunter is listed at 6'3 but seeing him next to Williams I would say he is more like 6'5. Eastern is a legit 6'6 and Cline is around 6'5. There are plenty of bodies big enough to guard the 3. Adding Tyger wouldn't cause a jam at all. Tyger and Eastern would split at 1. Hunter and Carsen split at the 2 and Cline and Sasha will split at the 3. That's six people to split 120 minutes (depending on what Wheeler does and how ready Sasha is to contribute).

My guess is the starters will be Eastern, Carsen, Cline. Tyger will be the back up pg, Hunter will be the backup 2, and Sasha / Wheeler will battle for the backup 3. Wheeler will also log minutes as the backup 4 behind Williams. Haarms will have Dow and possibly Williams backing him up. Ewing seems to be more serviceable as a backup at the 4. It will be interesting to see how much Ewing is used. I am guessing Taylor is gone especially if he misses this year. The kid is so talented but he just can't shake the injury bug.

The next year we lose Cline. Following that we lose Carsen. If you can lock in players like Isaiah and Tyger, you do that. But Tyger needs to fit with the team. I am not worried that the seniors are gone because he won't be playing with them. He needs to see if he can fit with the players that will be back. Can he work with a player like Carsen. If he can't, then pass. If he fits right into the system and buys in, you absolutely take that shot. in the log jam, the best players will play and the others will sit. A 3 guard system will work just fine for next year and even the following year.

Hunter is 6'3" tops. Williams is 6'8" tops

Phinisee is 5'9"

• Archie Miller was listed in college at 5'10" (I'm sure that was...generous)
  • IU Director of Basketball Bill Comar is pretty much the same height as Archie
images

• Below is a picture of Rob Phinisee standing next to Comar last Saturday night:

images

• Archie Miller was listed in college at 5'10" (I'm sure that was...generous)
  • IU Director of Basketball Bill Comar is pretty much the same height as Archie
images

• Below is a picture of Rob Phinisee standing next to Comar last Saturday night:

images
hard to tell the exact perspective from that picture, but I don't think they are next to each other. Also look how big my hand is:
UdYauBS9BIsMIJ-UmNYEixH2NpSEJZ4K2QI1LlC-RAcBLyuAKsc20N6HW7kxLK3E0fQ=w300-rw

Three twaun Moore what are you talking about news and processing? I'm talking about everybody arguing about how tall they are.

Wow! Comar is shrinking fast!;)
Years ago, before a first date with the woman who would eventually become my wife, she stated that as a rule, she would only date men at least 6' tall. I lied and said I was 6' (but am actually only 5'10"). I ordered a dress pair of elevator shoes sight unseen from company in CA and had them overnite to me. Increased my height by 2.5" but hurt my feet. I wore them everyday for the next 6 months until I was confident marriage proposal would be accepted, I tossed them out the next day. Strangely....she divorced me about 7 yrs later and I heard she remarried a very successful surgeon in WI who is 5'7" tall???

Years ago, before a first date with the woman who would eventually become my wife, she stated that as a rule, she would only date men at least 6' tall. I lied and said I was 6' (but am actually only 5'10"). I ordered a dress pair of elevator shoes sight unseen from company in CA and had them overnite to me. Increased my height by 2.5" but hurt my feet. I wore them everyday for the next 6 months until I was confident marriage proposal would be accepted, I tossed them out the next day. Strangely....she divorced me about 7 yrs later and I heard she remarried a very successful surgeon in WI who is 5'7" tall???
Surgeon. Probably looked taller sitting on his wallet.

If IU gets the players they're going after especially at the guard position. Purdue won't have to worry about Phinisee because he will never see the floor until it's my mop up time at the end of the game.

The kid Indiana got from the South Bend area if they get all the forwards that they're going after he won't see the floor either.

They will, but several of them offer different strenghts. I think Matt is seeing that in situation A, we need players X, but in situation B, we need player Y .... We have incredible breadth and flexibility. We could have eight starters. It will be a fun an interesting year or two.

Let's be honest, we are finally entering the space that the bluebloods have been in ... as in "who to play ... they're ALL good.."

With 8 starters, I expect we'll win most games going away!

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
Here's an article that talks about Tyger and Purdue along with other suitors (scroll to the bottom of the article). Sounds like Purdue has a good shot to me. And the writer makes a good point. Campbell is the type of player that likely won't make an early jump to the NBA but should be a big contributor for all 4 years in college.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ay-quentin-grimes-florida-wendell-moore-miami

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT