ADVERTISEMENT

Two incidents of domestic terrorism in two weeks...

In short here is where politics, political parties, and supporting/not supporting a politician's actions/statements gets one into trouble. Turns one into a hypocrite.

Obama was very slow to label much of anything terrorism, and not sure to this day he ever called terror acts in the name of Allah radical Islam. Liberals, Democratic politicians, and to a lesser extent Democrats defended him on this. There was no reason to call out radical Islamist for (insert made up reason here). Of course Republicans and many Independents did not like this about him and attacked him for it.

Now people from those same aforementioned groups from the left want Trump to single out the KKK/White Supremacists or whatever groups were responsible for/sponsored the demonstration. Sudden change in their way of thinking. Of course the exact opposite is true as well. Many Republicans while wanting Obama to specifically call out radical jihad/Islam are fine with the general statement made by Trump condemning violence.

Lesson here: Do not be part of the sheeple.

You're better than this.

1. I don't really care if he calls out groups by their formal name - but saying "many sides" equated white supremacists shouting anti-black, anti-Jewish and pro-Nazi - including one who murdered a peaceful protester to others. That's NOT the same. And also, many Republicans don't agree with you.

2. There wasn't REAL (aka non-crazy conservative) confusion as to whether Obama actually condemned those terrorists or that the terrorists SUPPORTED Obama. So don't equate those.

3. The right were the ones screaming about calling it that - including YOU - but you don't feel the same about criticizing Trump for not doing it. Got it.

4. These groups LOVE Trump, so even MORE reason Trump should be distancing himself as clear as can be. If the KKK was saying how much they love you in public, would you just smile and nod and be quiet? Probably not! I would be HORRIFIED if I was Trump and people were walking down the streets with Nazi flags chanting "Heil Trump".

Apparently I feel stronger about not being associated with white supremacists, neo-Nazis, etc. than you or Donald. I'd want not a damn thing in that realm associated with my name - or even the possibility. This should be the easiest thing that this country can agree on.

Good grief if my dad were still around I would be getting hourly phone calls. The one thing you don't **** with is Hockey Town.

Do you have any idea why the Red Wings are being used? I am at a loss here and I consider myself pretty meme-educated.

The group is called the Right Wings, so I guess they adopted the Red Wings logo? But the logos are not identical. The spokes of the tire for the non-Red Wings one resembles the logo of Hitler's SS.

Reactions: ecouch
The group is called the Right Wings, so I guess they adopted the Red Wings logo? But the logos are not identical. The spokes of the tire for the non-Red Wings one resembles the logo of Hitler's SS.

Thanks man. I eventually found an article about it.

How mind blowing is it that a people would travel that far to be part of something so vile?

You're better than this.

1. I don't really care if he calls out groups by their formal name - but saying "many sides" equated white supremacists shouting anti-black, anti-Jewish and pro-Nazi - including one who murdered a peaceful protester to others. That's NOT the same. And also, many Republicans don't agree with you.

2. There wasn't REAL (aka non-crazy conservative) confusion as to whether Obama actually condemned those terrorists or that the terrorists SUPPORTED Obama. So don't equate those.

3. The right were the ones screaming about calling it that - including YOU - but you don't feel the same about criticizing Trump for not doing it. Got it.

4. These groups LOVE Trump, so even MORE reason Trump should be distancing himself as clear as can be. If the KKK was saying how much they love you in public, would you just smile and nod and be quiet? Probably not! I would be HORRIFIED if I was Trump and people were walking down the streets with Nazi flags chanting "Heil Trump".

Apparently I feel stronger about not being associated with white supremacists, neo-Nazis, etc. than you or Donald. I'd want not a damn thing in that realm associated with my name - or even the possibility. This should be the easiest thing that this country can agree on.

LMAO. You need to reread my post or just improve comprehension skills. Either that or you quoted the wrong post. The point was, the media, the left, liberals, and a some democrats were fine with general statements from Obama regarding terror. Now those same people want specific groups called out. Vice vera with labels and parties is true. Well, which is it? How do they want it handled? Thought processes should be independent of political party.

Also, just heard the governments statements. The words hate and bigotry were included in them yesterday. Also condemned all violence. Today they included condemnation of the KKK and White Nationalist groups. DOJ is looking into civil rights violation with the driver of car. That is pretty strong response pretty quick-especially before it is determined what actually happened at the event in its entirety.

Like it or not, it is entirely possible that the KKK/White Nationalist Part had their civil rights violated when/if their demonstration was halted or confronted with violence.

Do not agree with me on what? You lost me. Newsflash-I do not agree with Republicans on a lot of issues. The blessings of being independent/non conformist in terms of political parties. And for not caring if he called out groups by name, suddenly you have a pretty impassioned post about it.

Huh?

Right, like I said go back and read my post. And before this post, please point to me where I did/did not criticize or praise Trump for how he addressed situation.

This at least makes some sense. However, people are going to vote who they are going to vote for. Politics is a bit dirty. Ever see the picture of Clinton exchanging a kiss greeting with a former KKK member Senator Byrd? Not good. Realistically, I cannot hold who votes for Trump (KKK/White Nationalist) against Trump more than I could hold who voted for Obama(BLM/rioters in Baltimore/Ferguson) against Obama. As long as those people are legal to vote and voting legally that is the way it is. I do not like or support many groups, that said, I do not hold it against a politician if that said group votes for him/her.

Apparently I feel stronger about not being associated with white supremacists, neo-Nazis, etc. than you or Donald. I'd want not a damn thing in that realm associated with my name - or even the possibility. This should be the easiest thing that this country can agree on.[/QUOTE]

Well since you decided to go with that shot, here is what I think of the issue.

In short, deal with a lot of people day in and day out. In business, defense contracting, volunteer groups, hobbies, etc. I have little doubt some of them are/or lean racist, facist, Far Left, far right, are on the fringes of a few religous denominations. That is America and the world.. I would say my good friends do not fit these categories, but as far as associations not even sure what to say. On here I am sure Gr8 has dealt and had associations with racists in Navy, Kesweci has likely built a home or did contract work for a racist or a company that has a questionable ethics history, etc etc. Heck, was associated with people like this at Purdue. Not really sure what to say.

I think people/organizations have a right to gather/demonstrate/free associate. Right to protest. That said, generally I think people mis undertand that people have a right to protest/boycott in the other direction as well. That is how it is supposed to work. And yes, people have right to protest/assemble regardless if I agree with them or not. In a peaceful manner that is.

That said, as soon as authorities in Charlottesville realized that at the KKK/White Nationalist Party were going to demonstrate, and they knew ANTIFA/BLM was going to counter a number of things should have happened.
1) National Guard called in
2) Heavy State Police presence
3) No demonstration would be allowed or
4) In many areas one has to register a demonstration. If one group did this, the other would have been prevented from demonstrating citing public safety concerns on that day. If anyone thought for a second this would be peaceful I have some other news for you-Santa Claus is not real.

Reactions: TheBoris and SKYDOG
It's pretty simple - TERRORISTS were NOT Obama supporters and went around SALUTING him. So he didn't need to DISTANCE himself from them because any sane American knew he condemned them.

The alt-right aka white supremacists, neo-Nazis, KKK go around PUMPING UP Donald Trump and how great he is for them, how much they love him, etc.

I sure as hell wouldn't myself associated with that. Trump doesn't seem to care too much. It bothers me that that's the case, apparently it doesn't bother you. So be it.

Thanks man. I eventually found an article about it.

How mind blowing is it that a people would travel that far to be part of something so vile?

It's disgusting, but also terrifying. As I mentioned, the KKK used to cover their faces so people wouldn't see who they were. Friday night looked like a KKK lynching re-enactment/Hitler youth rally. And apparently it's controversial to condemn it.

It's pretty simple - TERRORISTS were NOT Obama supporters and went around SALUTING him. So he didn't need to DISTANCE himself from them because any sane American knew he condemned them.

The alt-right aka white supremacists, neo-Nazis, KKK go around PUMPING UP Donald Trump and how great he is for them, how much they love him, etc.

I sure as hell wouldn't myself associated with that. Trump doesn't seem to care too much. It bothers me that that's the case, apparently it doesn't bother you. So be it.
Is there anything about the great Obama you don't like? You defend this guy like he's your father. Believe me there are things about Trump I don't like as well as many who voted for him.

You never seem to believe the republicans ever do anything right. I even think your father did some good.

This whole situation is not about Obama or Trump. It should be about America coming together and standing for what's right versus what's wrong.

You don't consider the counter protesters who showed up in riot gear planning on a fight on the same terms as the other bigots? That says it all brah! SMH
Simply put, if there isn't a white supremacist group protesting with signs about "Jews are Satan's children", and saluting a Nazi flag, there is no need for a counter protest. So, yeah, if you're on board with that, you go on with your bad self.

Reactions: RegionWarrior101
Violent-Clashes-Erupt-at-Unite-The-Right-Rally-In-Charlottesville_1.jpeg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpeg
Trumpkins and conservatives are throwing their hats in the ring with the KKK and neo-Nazis. Says a lot about the crew on this message board.

They have their right to speak and peaceably assemble. They don't have the right to not be challenged on it. I'd want to beat their sick cowardly asses too.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegionWarrior101

You must have missed Trump's and DOJ comments this weekend. Also tweets from way back in campaign.

Most terrorists were overseas and not voting, at least should not have been voting.

Like I said politics is a bit of a dirty game. Clinton openly hugging/kissing Senator Byrd a former KKK member that used the N word right on Senate Floor, Obama being supported by rioters and BLM members that planned to target cops.. Right up there with Trump being supported by white extremists/kkk etc Not a big believer in holding one responsible for others actions, even if they do support said politician.

Simply put, if there isn't a white supremacist group protesting with signs about "Jews are Satan's children", and saluting a Nazi flag, there is no need for a counter protest. So, yeah, if you're on board with that, you go on with your bad self.

Here is the issue though: Show me where the KKK/White Nationalist Party/White Supremeists do not have a Constitutional/Civil Right to have a peaceful demonstration.

Hint: Do not waste your time looking.

Was their demonstration violent before the ANTIFA/BLM/Counter protestors showed up? If not, and it does not seem it was violent before that, they were doing nothing wrong with their demonstration.

Are their views off kilter? Of course. Different debate though.

Quite possible counter protestors get charged with civil rights violations right along with the jackass driving the car into the group of people.

I do not like or support them. I do not like or support many groups holding demonstrations and their methods of protest. That said, as long as it is peaceful and in accordance with local statutes it is their right to do so.

Some call it being tolerant, respectful, or just ignore them, etc. I call it adulting-just realize one is not going to like or support everything that goes on around them.

From another post, not not sure where you get Trumpkins/Conservative are throwing their hat in the ring with the KKK. Sounds like you have been in the engine room of a boat to long.

Quite possible counter protestors get charged with civil rights violations

Please explain the mechanics behind civil rights violations charges. Honest question here. It isn't an area of law I really looked at.

Violent-Clashes-Erupt-at-Unite-The-Right-Rally-In-Charlottesville_1.jpeg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpeg
Trumpkins and conservatives are throwing their hats in the ring with the KKK and neo-Nazis. Says a lot about the crew on this message board.

The posts on this board have all condemned the right wing hate. No one is supporting that so stop defecting the discussion. The comments have been about fact that everyone in this country has First Amendment rights regardless of how vile their views are. Some people here apparently feel it's ok to censor those they disagree with. That's wrong. After the election there were many marches and demonstrations against Trump. That's people's rights. Later when Pro Trump people started demonstration supporting the POTUS Antifa shows up organized to fight. That is wrong.

The above is a pix nicely cropped to show three idiots out of hundreds. Nice.

Here is the issue though: Show me where the KKK/White Nationalist Party/White Supremeists do not have a Constitutional/Civil Right to have a peaceful demonstration.

Hint: Do not waste your time looking.

Was their demonstration violent before the ANTIFA/BLM/Counter protestors showed up? If not, and it does not seem it was violent before that, they were doing nothing wrong with their demonstration.

Are their views off kilter? Of course. Different debate though.

Quite possible counter protestors get charged with civil rights violations right along with the jackass driving the car into the group of people.

I do not like or support them. I do not like or support many groups holding demonstrations and their methods of protest. That said, as long as it is peaceful and in accordance with local statutes it is their right to do so.

Some call it being tolerant, respectful, or just ignore them, etc. I call it adulting-just realize one is not going to like or support everything that goes on around them.

From another post, not not sure where you get Trumpkins/Conservative are throwing their hat in the ring with the KKK. Sounds like you have been in the engine room of a boat to long.
Who said they didn't have a right to it? That doesn't mean it's not provocative nor that it is "right" that they do it and say the things they say.

Otherwise, you guys are here pointing fingers either at the counter protestors or at both sides saying they're all wrong when the issue at hand is the very presence of people in this country who still believe what these white supremacists believe.

Reactions: miksta
I worked with the Anti Racist Activists (ARA) in college and I learned some things. What these counter protestors are doing is stupid. Every year these guys do this stupid rally, and every year, like moths to the flame, people show up to counter them. It's EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. They want you to show up. They want you to confront them. They NEED the attention. The media shows up because they know there will be conflict. For once, I'd like to see NO ONE even acknowledge this happened. This event would die. The media would quit showing up.

The way to beat this is NOT counter protesting at the same event. Hold your own separate rallies. Live your life as a fair person. DO NOT engage these morons directly. DO NOT give these idiots the time of day. By jumping into the fray, all you are doing is giving them what they want.

Otherwise, you guys are here pointing fingers either at the counter protestors or at both sides saying they're all wrong when the issue at hand is the very presence of people in this country who still believe what these white supremacists believe.
Gr8, that's an interesting comment. If that is indeed the issue at hand, what do you propose we do to eliminate the them?

I worked with the Anti Racist Activists (ARA) in college and I learned some things. What these counter protestors are doing is stupid. Every year these guys do this stupid rally, and every year, like moths to the flame, people show up to counter them. It's EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. They want you to show up. They want you to confront them. They NEED the attention. The media shows up because they know there will be conflict. For once, I'd like to see NO ONE even acknowledge this happened. This event would die. The media would quit showing up.

The way to beat this is NOT counter protesting at the same event. Hold your own separate rallies. Live your life as a fair person. DO NOT engage these morons directly. DO NOT give these idiots the time of day. By jumping into the fray, all you are doing is giving them what they want.
I agree but unfortunately, liberals cannot allow others to demonstrate in peace. The next rally for the white nationalists is Sept. 11 at Texas A&M U and the counter protesters are already getting their combat gear ready.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/0...ally-counter-protest-planned-texas-m-sept-11/

Reactions: Purdue97

I agree!

The media covering these events only stimulates the hate. If the media would just go away these protests would also.

Or, if you tell me to ignore these nationalist losers protesting, can't you ignore the media coverage of it? Don't read about it, get a DVR and fast forward past the icky parts. Then, we can't blame the media for pathetic people with pathetic values.
Besides, a group of scum like this views could NEVER gain traction in a whole country could it? You would need someone in power with a nationalist agenda willing to convince me that what's bad in my life is caused by people of a certain color or religion. Give me that enemy to hate, then all my cares are washed away. But luckily, intelligent people won't fall for that. We always learn from bad moments in history

I agree with this. I was kind of surprised to see the response of one of my black friends to the events in Charlottesville, where he basically said that the presence of these people doesn't scare him - he's dealt with it in Richmond his whole life. Southern blacks "were laughing" at the response given to this group because they were marching peacefully albeit provocatively. He basically said, "Ignore them."

I have to think that's the correct response because 24-hour news doesn't pick this up until violence erupts, and chances are we don't ever hear about it. That said, there's some value to the pictures being published and the video being shown: it shows without a doubt that this ideology still exists in America, and puts it out there so it cannot be ignored or written off while we celebrate how much better we are now than 50 years ago.

Still I understand the burning desire to counterprotest. There was a rally here in San Diego which my wife and I opted not to attend, but I thought about it. I want my voice to be heard as well, and eventually want to show my daughter unequivocally where I stand.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
I agree!

The media covering these events only stimulates the hate. If the media would just go away these protests would also.
Marches like the original one existed well before 24-hour news. Now, maybe counterprotests would lessen... but hopefully you're not trying to blame CNN for the original rally and ideology.

Reactions: PUBV
These white extremists views are so vile do they even have rights? It's so anti American not in my opinion. It's morally wrong and don't expect to get any sympathy from a judge.

Or, if you tell me to ignore these nationalist losers protesting, can't you ignore the media coverage of it? Don't read about it, get a DVR and fast forward past the icky parts. Then, we can't blame the media for pathetic people with pathetic values.
Besides, a group of scum like this views could NEVER gain traction in a whole country could it? You would need someone in power with a nationalist agenda willing to convince me that what's bad in my life is caused by people of a certain color or religion. Give me that enemy to hate, then all my cares are washed away. But luckily, intelligent people won't fall for that. We always learn from bad moments in history
You're giving these people WAY too much credit. They don't need a nationalist agenda and these were going on before Trump. They don't have a lot of traction. They are looking for a fight. They don't care who shows up against them or their ideals. Just someone they can fight with and gain sympathy for their cause and say look at these evil people disrupting peaceful protests. This is a cry for attention. Do not answer. I can and will and do ignore these people. It's their right to assemble. It's my right to ignore them. I'm just saying the counter protest is counter productive. These people think they're a big deal now. I bet they double in size next year. Congrats...

Reactions: Bill4411
Marches like the original one existed well before 24-hour news. Now, maybe counterprotests would lessen... but hopefully you're not trying to blame CNN for the original rally and ideology.
Of course not, I'm not blaming the media for the ideology. Just to be clear, if they stop the coverage of these events the attention gained only stimulates more bad behavior.

You're giving these people WAY too much credit. They don't need a nationalist agenda and these were going on before Trump. They don't have a lot of traction. They are looking for a fight. They don't care who shows up against them or their ideals. Just someone they can fight with and gain sympathy for their cause and say look at these evil people disrupting peaceful protests. This is a cry for attention. Do not answer. I can and will and do ignore these people. It's their right to assemble. It's my right to ignore them. I'm just saying the counter protest is counter productive. These people think they're a big deal now. I bet they double in size next year. Congrats...

I agree and ditto for the BLM movement. Their anti-cop message is insane.

Who said they didn't have a right to it? That doesn't mean it's not provocative nor that it is "right" that they do it and say the things they say.

I think it is pretty obvious that the demonstration of the white supremacists had been attacked. Like I said, like it or not, they have a right. Deal with it.

Issue at hand? Sure white supremacist beliefs are an issue. However, hardly the only issue. Where one ranks the following issues is a personal decision:

-People mainly on the left, have a very difficult time letting other political parties/groups rally or hold demonstrations without interfering with violence. Happened this past weekend, happened all election cycle.

-ANTIFA, well, they generally support anarchy. See the Berkeley riots.

-BLM/New Black Panther-support targeting of law enforcement, known for intimidation at election polls on election day

So yeah, I would say there is more than one issue at hand here.

I think it is pretty obvious that the demonstration of the white supremacists had been attacked. Like I said, like it or not, they have a right. Deal with it.

Issue at hand? Sure white supremacist beliefs are an issue. However, hardly the only issue. Where one ranks the following issues is a personal decision:

-People mainly on the left, have a very difficult time letting other political parties/groups rally or hold demonstrations without interfering with violence. Happened this past weekend, happened all election cycle.

-ANTIFA, well, they generally support anarchy. See the Berkeley riots.

-BLM/New Black Panther-support targeting of law enforcement, known for intimidation at election polls on election day

So yeah, I would say there is more than one issue at hand here.
Conflating all of BLM with the New Black Panthers isn't responsible. I don't have issue with BLM, but definitely with the combative wing of it/NBP. Antifa sucks - agreed.

My problem is with people who want to blame Antifa alone for the violence that broke out in Charlottesville. Sure, had they not counterprotested, no violence, we probably don't hear about it. Again, however, the greater problem as I see it is the existence of all these ideologies rather than their choice to exercise their right to assemble.

Reactions: Beeazlebub
I'm not sure they'll double in size due to counter protests. More likely they'll add a word like labor to their name, soften their stance a tad to enhance recruitment, etc. we've already had a KKK grand wizard in government right? I hope they keep the rhetoric as nasty as possible to keep those on the fringe of joining out. Your right though, you can chose to ignore them if you want.

This is a rather scary comment. I don't think you thought this through.

In addition to being scary, it is inaccurate.

The Nazis had a permit and were peacefully demonstrating until they were attacked. That is why the police broke it up and sent everyone away from the scene. A couple hours later ****o comes back with a car.

Conflating all of BLM with the New Black Panthers isn't responsible. I don't have issue with BLM, but definitely with the combative wing of it/NBP. Antifa sucks - agreed.

My problem is with people who want to blame Antifa alone for the violence that broke out in Charlottesville. Sure, had they not counterprotested, no violence, we probably don't hear about it. Again, however, the greater problem as I see it is the existence of all these ideologies rather than their choice to exercise their right to assemble.

You can counter protest without starting violence.

You posted a picture that you think validates your position but ignore all other reports of antifa initiating violence. For instance, why didn't you post the picture of a CBS affiliate camerman being beaten to the ground by the counter -protestors? Or the police reports of piss bombs?

Last edited:
There are two sides to this story and both are equally wrong. The white nationalists were perfectly within their constitutional rights to hold the rally and their message is indeed hateful. The counterprotesters were perfectly within their rights to counterprotest and it's pretty obvious they were the first to resort to violence.

A few months ago we had a KKK rally here in my home town of Madison, Indiana. Our mayor wisely asked the townspeople to completely ignore it. He didn't condemn the KKK, rather he asked that we just conduct ourselves as though the rally didn't exist.

I didn't go to it but the mayor's recommendation was spot on. The newspaper said that about two dozen townspeople showed up, really low life gawkers who neither cheered nor booed.

Unfortunately, the students of Hanover College got involved and chartered three buses to carry them from the campus to the KKK rally....three miles! They chartered buses to go three miles from Hanover College to a public park in downtown Madison! Once they got there, their antics somehow managed to make themselves look just as foolish as the klansmen.

In both Madison and Charlottesville, just imagine how much more effective it would have been if no one showed up to protest or even dignify the event with their presence. These white supremists would be up on a stage making fools of themselves talking to trees and empty park benches.

Which is what used to happen...the Nazis/White Supremcist marches were ignored.
Antifa, et al (Ctrl-Left) is just as bad as the other side (Alt-Right).

Reactions: TheBoris

Right on and did not mean to say one side is responsible for violence. It does take two(or more) to tango so to speak. And only one a--hole to drive a car into a group of people.

Why is there a sudden rush to remove all of these civil war monuments?

This is a rather scary comment. I don't think you thought this through.

In addition to being scary, it is inaccurate.
It's not inaccurate. They were carrying signs about Jews being Satan's children and saluting Nazi flags. I think what you find scary is your inference that these people do not have a right to assemble. I neither said that nor implied it. What I said was exactly what I meant: the existence of the ideology in the first place is a problem. As I said in a later post, so is the existence of ideologies supporting violence against people you disagree with (Antifa) and violence against police (NBP).

You can counter protest without starting violence.

You posted a picture that you think validates your position but ignore all other reports of antifa initiating violence. For instance, why didn't you post the picture of a CBS affiliate camerman being beaten to the ground by the counter -protestors? Or the police reports of piss bombs?
I posted a picture that countered Bruce1's version of the events, which was that Antifa showed up in riot gear to start fights and that if it weren't for them, everything would've been hunky-dory. The fact is, there were as many, if not more, white supremacists there in riot gear instigating violence as their were counter-protestors, and as you accurately pointed out, one a-hole with his car... If these ideologies didn't exist in the first place, we wouldn't have this issue. Now, we can get into a back-and-forth chicken-and-egg argument about "who started it", but I'd rather just stick with my two points-

1) These ideologies are sick and need to be eradicated IMO.
2) One of the best ways to eradicate these ideologies is to marginalize them by ignoring them, ridiculing them, and continuing to show that they are morally and logically corrupt.

Last edited:
Which is what used to happen...the Nazis/White Supremcist marches were ignored. Antifa, et al (Ctrl-Left) is just as bad as the other side (Alt-Right).
I disagree with that. Someone who advocates for a group being superior based on genetic conditions over which we have no control is always worse IMO than a group that advocates violence based on the controllable actions and ideas of others IMO.

In many of these cases, there have been movements to remove confederate flags and monuments for decades. There's not much "sudden" about it.

Nah, I did a little reading and answered my own question. It seems that Dylan Roof really got the ball rolling back in 2015.

The Atlantic notes the uptick in this article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...removal-of-confederate-monuments-stop/532125/

This blog details some of the silliness surrounding the issue - Like going after the Dukes of Hazard car.

https://hyperallergic.com/218473/confederate-monument-watch-a-new-genre-of-journalism/

There certainly is a lot more coverage. That could be it as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT