ADVERTISEMENT

Trump signs Muslim ban

That's a well-reasoned statement that at no time says "MUSLIM BAN!!!!!!". If you were saying this all along, no disagreement from me!

Yes, the take away is what he did or didn't call it, not that he called it a "bad idea", "poorly implemented" and that he hopes the president will "promptly revoke" it. Whether he called it a ban or not was totally more important. Very well reasoned indeed.

You said it created basically a ban already. Going up 4% or 10% - is not that.

So for the 100 Purdue students that are from those countries - you don't think they should be able to go home if they want to come back to Purdue? If their parent passes away, they can't go home for the funeral and come back? Do you agree with that?
ok they are keeping 70% of people out and rising...I don't consider the other 30% in denials for 120 days a big deal. and no I don't care if they can't come back.

I know what you are saying. However, this had the very clear intent of limiting travel from these countries. There's no reason to change the vwp/esta requirements and call these specific countries out unless you want to keep people out. It's not an outright ban, true, but he was absolutely limiting travel from those specific countries and using the visa process to heavily filter. If you don't believe that, then why do it at all?
Well based on the tweets tonight it seems he intended it as a ban.

"What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?"

"Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision"

Well based on the tweets tonight it seems he intended it as a ban.

"What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?"

"Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision"
i think you misread. was talking about obama 2015.

Muslims should be banned from entering the US. Here's the reason: “Kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them, and blockade them, and watch for them at every lookout...” (Quran 9:5).

Yes, the take away is what he did or didn't call it, not that he called it a "bad idea", "poorly implemented" and that he hopes the president will "promptly revoke" it. Whether he called it a ban or not was totally more important. Very well reasoned indeed.
Actually, yes, it is because the optic you and your ilk are creating is exactly that which ISIS/AQ would like you to create by calling it a ban on Muslims, which it was not. All that other stuff that Mitch said was also very intelligent, well-worded, and I agree with every bit of it including calling for it be revoked.

What you do is you disagree with it, blow it up into Muslim Ban! and run around with your hair on fire, which is not well-reasoned, but instead irrational and emotional.

You said it created basically a ban already. Going up 4% or 10% - is not that.

So for the 100 Purdue students that are from those countries - you don't think they should be able to go home if they want to come back to Purdue? If their parent passes away, they can't go home for the funeral and come back? Do you agree with that?

The executive order allowed for exemptions.

Actually, yes, it is because the optic you and your ilk are creating is exactly that which ISIS/AQ would like you to create by calling it a ban on Muslims, which it was not. All that other stuff that Mitch said was also very intelligent, well-worded, and I agree with every bit of it including calling for it be revoked.

What you do is you disagree with it, blow it up into Muslim Ban! and run around with your hair on fire, which is not well-reasoned, but instead irrational and emotional.

It is a ban that does not allow the majority Religion any exemptions, but allows minority religions exemptions. When the only countries its applied to are Muslim majority, then you're only banning Muslims.

But great, call it what you want. And its funny that you describe me as irrational and emotional - when there has been no specific reason for implementing a travel BAN (yes, even Trump calls it that) and a refugee ban - other than fear!!!! (edited this).

Last edited:
The executive order allowed for exemptions.

Yeah, the executive order was so clear and concise. No misunderstandings by anyone.

The exemptions do not include university students. At least in the last iteration of the executive order, it's constantly changing because it was so screwed up.

It is a ban that does not allow the majority Religion any exemptions, but allows minority religions exemptions. When the only countries its applied to are Muslim majority, then you're only banning Muslims.

But great, call it what you want. And its funny that you describe me as irrational and emotional - when there has been no specific reason for implementing a travel BAN (yes, even Trump calls it that) and a refugee ban.
I think the travel ban is based on irrational fear, and yes, I think the reaction to it has been equally irrational and emotional.

I think the travel ban is based on irrational fear, and yes, I think the reaction to it has been equally irrational and emotional.

Well, I would agree that the reaction was strong - but I think it is part of the bigger picture in what people see happening from the administration as a whole with a very questionable person in the White House with Bannon pulling the strings.

Irrational fear? We have a ISIS now. We didn't have them 10,15,20,25,30 years ago. They are very insidious and have infiltrated refugee streams in Europe. They have had some success here in recruiting domestic terrorists, they have a stated objective of coming here to kill Americans yet many of our citizens want to quote the risk based on history of being minuscule. It is incomprehensible to me that this could be interpreted as a Ban on Muslims when there are only 7 countries identified that coincide with Pres Obama's list of prime sources of terrorists. As stated by others for the media and other Americans to insist to call this a Muslim ban it only gives ISIS more ability to recruit against us. We finally has a President who is willing to proact for American citizens. Thank God for that.

ISIS is doing now what Al Qaeda has been doing for 30 years. It's not new, the label just changed and they're occupying territory.

Irrational fear? We have a ISIS now. We didn't have them 10,15,20,25,30 years ago. They are very insidious and have infiltrated refugee streams in Europe. They have had some success here in recruiting domestic terrorists, they have a stated objective of coming here to kill Americans yet many of our citizens want to quote the risk based on history of being minuscule. It is incomprehensible to me that this could be interpreted as a Ban on Muslims when there are only 7 countries identified that coincide with Pres Obama's list of prime sources of terrorists. As stated by others for the media and other Americans to insist to call this a Muslim ban it only gives ISIS more ability to recruit against us. We finally has a President who is willing to proact for American citizens. Thank God for that.

1024px-Attacks_by_ISIS.png

But great, call it what you want. And its funny that you describe me as irrational and emotional - when there has been no specific reason for implementing a travel BAN (yes, even Trump calls it that) and a refugee ban - other than fear!!!! (edited this).
There are 53 other MUSLIM countries that are not on the ban my friend. Yet those responsible for most of the terror in the world are supposed to have free and open entry?

There are 53 other MUSLIM countries that are not on the ban my friend. Yet those responsible for most of the terror in the world are supposed to have free and open entry?

Do you understand how international travel works with the United States? We don't close our eyes and say "Ok, count to 10 and everyone who wants to come in can come in!" That seems to be how you and Trump think it happens - or want to make people think happens.

Serious question. For everyone encouraging the immigration of the Muslim refugees, are you fine with them establishing shariah zones and patrolling these areas enforcing them?

I am willing to welcome refugees but there has to be some assimilation on their part. They need to abide by our laws.

Serious question. For everyone encouraging the immigration of the Muslim refugees, are you fine with them establishing shariah zones and patrolling these areas enforcing them?

I am willing to welcome refugees but there has to be some assimilation on their part. They need to abide by our laws.
... and 99.9999% of them do. The 0.0001% that don't are called "criminals."

I'd love for them to! I think it'd be fun. Why disrupt what they've been doing in this country for decades?

Oh wait, they haven't been doing this in the US, you're just a moron.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
I'd love for them to! I think it'd be fun. Why disrupt what they've been doing in this country for decades?

Oh wait, they haven't been doing this in the US, you're just a moron.

And where did I say they did this in the USA? It was a hypothetical question. I'll try to dumb it down for you next time. Now go find your safe space

It's certainly a lower rate of crime than the general populace.
What does it take to get it into your head? We're not talking about the general rate of crime. We're talking about Muslims who kill infidels to please Allah, thereby gaining an houri of 72 virgins in paradise.

Are you brain dead to the problems that Europe is having with Muslim immigrants?

If you want another example, circa 1950 Lebanon was a predominantly Christian nation and popular vacation spot. Beruit was called the Paris of the Mideast. Then Lebanon generously took in Muslim refugees from nearby warring countries and of course these migrants brought their Islamic mind rot with them. Lebanon has been hell on earth ever since.

What does it take to get it into your head? We're not talking about the general rate of crime. We're talking about Muslims who kill infidels to please Allah, thereby gaining an houri of 72 virgins in paradise.

Are you brain dead to the problems that Europe is having with Muslim immigrants?

If you want another example, circa 1950 Lebanon was a predominantly Christian nation and popular vacation spot. Beruit was called the Paris of the Mideast. Then Lebanon generously took in Muslim refugees from nearby warring countries and of course these migrants brought their Islamic mind rot with them. Lebanon has been hell on earth ever since.

Yet, you've provided zero evidence of refugees doing that? Either nonsense reports from right wing rags about supposed "no-go zones" in Sweden or impressionable college-aged kids with obvious mental health issues.

Ever been to Jackson Heights in Queens? I'm certain you'd eat delicious food, drink some tasty beers (if that's your thing), and have an overall delightful time.

Yet, you've provided zero evidence of refugees doing that? Either nonsense reports from right wing rags about supposed "no-go zones" in Sweden or impressionable college-aged kids with obvious mental health issues.

Ever been to Jackson Heights in Queens? I'm certain you'd eat delicious food, drink some tasty beers (if that's your thing), and have an overall delightful time.
I don't care if you call them no go zones or exclusion zones or simply Muslim neighborhoods. Muslim immigrants are a HUGE problem in Sweden and it's getting worse. The people in this video are not actors:

I don't care if you call them no go zones or exclusion zones or simply Muslim neighborhoods. Muslim immigrants are a HUGE problem in Sweden and it's getting worse. The people in this video are not actors:

Unreal! How can people not recognize that this a very large problem???

You're a trip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT