ADVERTISEMENT

Trump being tough on Putin

well, Muslims were proving to be a threat at the time, so Trump was smart to scrutinize immigrants trying to enter from Muslim countries.

As for who picks my fruits and veg or who does my yard work, if I knew they were illegals, I wouldn't hire them or buy from that store.
Why don't you find out? I mean if you REALLY cared about it you would. Otherwise, you're just like the people you attack that want action to reduce climate change but drive an internal combustion car. Or me who wants debt reduction but cashes his refund check (I always pay btw).
You're no different than the people you criticize, just more hypocritical for making a point of it constantly.........and not taking a look at your own self.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Why do you care? You support the folks who think the last election was rigged.
I like to point out your foolishness from time to time - but you can prove me wrong by stating your ideas instead of simply saying burn it down. That is, if you have any ideas, puf.

I like to point out your foolishness from time to time - but you can prove me wrong by stating your ideas instead of simply saying burn it down. That is, if you have any ideas, puf.
I made a random observation, nothing more. You’re also not a serious person. You won’t even call out the members of your same party on here who insist the election was rigged. Do that and then get back to me.

• Haha
I made a random observation, nothing more. You’re also not a serious person. You won’t even call out the members of your same party on here who insist the election was rigged. Do that and then get back to me.
I am not a member of a party. Are you?

Unlike you, I am serious enough not to say 'burn it down' without stating what it should be replaced with.

It is easy for a dummy with no ideas of his own to to just blurt out 'burn it down', puf. Such a dummy is not a serious person.

Fine, then call out the crazies on the left when you see it. In the mean time, also call out the crazies on the right. And when people like Bob calling out crazies on the right, stop acting defensive, or ridicule him simply because the MSM is also calling out those crazies.

What I am observing is that people here would automatically attack Bob without even considering whether his words have merit. Bob is automatically discredited because of a bunch of excuses (he only regurgitates MSM, as if MSM means it must be false). Well, if people keep labeling the liberals TDS b/c they are against everything Trump says, the irony is that they are basically doing exactly the same thing to Bob. So shall we call this BDS?
I didn't attack Bob for pointing out the crazies. I just pointed out that those people don't have any power whatsoever.

I am not a member of a party. Are you?

Unlike you, I am serious enough not to say 'burn it down' without stating what it should be replaced with.

It is easy for a dummy with no ideas of his own to to just blurt out 'burn it down', puf. Such a dummy is not a serious person.
Making an offhand comment that wasn’t the main point of the thread is exactly that: an offhand comment. If I want to have a serious discussion about election reform, it’s certainly not going to be with you or the rest of your band of whackos because again, the majority of you think the election was stolen. Y’all are just too far gone.

Now if you don’t mind, I’ll sit back and wait for you to call out the rash of dummies (aka your fellow buddies) on here who insisted that Trump would have stopped Putin from invading the Ukraine even though not one idea was offered up when repeatedly pressed. At least spare me one more post before I have to call you a hypocrite.

• Haha
I know you didn't say that. I never accused you on that. But if you just go back up, when I asked people about Bob, people were ridiculing that all Bob did was to regurgitate MSM. The implication, at least for those people, is that everything MSM says must be wrong.

True, we can't believe in everything that MSM says. So that gets back to my original question: for democracy to function, we need a shared reality. How do you propose to build that shared reality? Especially when you and so many are skeptical of MSM. How do you know YOUR version of reality is the correct one over the one that is reported by MSM? And why are you so confident that YOUR version is the correct one over the one from MSM?
Because I see the same stories on alternative media and the alternative media will show facts that the MSM doesn't show because the MSM is pushing a narrative.

Because I see the same stories on alternative media and the alternative media will show facts that the MSM doesn't show because the MSM is pushing a narrative.
It's absolutely true that the mainstream media, on both sides, has an agenda and frames news to fit it. But it doesn't mean the facts presented aren't true. People have to be smart enough to separate the two. Most aren't.

But alternative has their problems too. Their facts are based on less information and sources. Perhaps not intentionally, they don't have the resources. Their agenda, imo, is to foster doubt and skepticism in our traditional institutions whether it be the media, the scientific community, the Intel community, our alliances, etc. Spend enough time watching only their programming leads to people to question everything. There is no baseline, no one can be trusted, no organization can be trusted.
So instead of telling the truth about....say...traditional media, that they do get things wrong and have an agenda, the mantra becomes they get everything wrong, you can't trust anything they say, they hate America and are evil......including the people whose agenda they are pushing. It all goes too far.

I listen to Smerconish and Dan Abrams regularly. I see other stuff but those two are truly in the middle and have no agenda.

• Haha
This is going to blow your mind, so I hope you’re sitting down for this one, bone. But it was also like this BEFORE January of 2017 as well. I know that little tidbit of information will disintegrate the last few functioning synapses in your brain, but the 200+ years before your false god came to be would like a word.
That's true, but why didn't Obama hold those other NATO members accountable (with consequences) for not contributing their fair share?

Per a Newsmax interview (i.e. not a lefty news source) from someone who was in the room with Trump when Russia and Ukraine were discussed:

During an interview with Bolton, Newsmax host Rob Schmitt said that “there is something to be said, though, about the simple fact that there was not aggression during the four years” Trump was in office, noting a list of actions that the Washington think tank Brookings Institution said the Trump administration took against Russia.

“I mean, he took a very tough stance against Russia. I'm surprised you don't think that he would have handled it better than Joe Biden,” Schmitt told Bolton.

“He did not,” Bolton replied. “We didn't sanction Nord Stream 2. We should have. We should have brought the project to an end. We did impose sanctions on Russian oligarchs and several others because of their sales of S-400 anti-aircraft systems to other countries. But in almost every case, the sanctions were imposed with Trump complaining about it, saying we were being too hard.”

The Trump-era national security adviser claimed the former president did not know where Ukraine was on a map and said he believed Russia did not take more aggressive actions while Trump was in office because Russia “didn’t feel that their military was ready.”

“The fact is that he barely knew where Ukraine was. He once asked John Kelly, his second chief of staff, if Finland were a part of Russia. It’s just not accurate to say that Trump's behavior somehow deterred the Russians,” Bolton said.

Takeaway? When the Trump administration was tough on Russia it happened with Trump protesting, or kept out of the loop. There are Republicans who would be very tough on Russia. They would probably be the Republicans who know where Ukraine (and Finland) are on a map.

Per a Newsmax interview (i.e. not a lefty news source) from someone who was in the room with Trump when Russia and Ukraine were discussed:

During an interview with Bolton, Newsmax host Rob Schmitt said that “there is something to be said, though, about the simple fact that there was not aggression during the four years” Trump was in office, noting a list of actions that the Washington think tank Brookings Institution said the Trump administration took against Russia.

“I mean, he took a very tough stance against Russia. I'm surprised you don't think that he would have handled it better than Joe Biden,” Schmitt told Bolton.

“He did not,” Bolton replied. “We didn't sanction Nord Stream 2. We should have. We should have brought the project to an end. We did impose sanctions on Russian oligarchs and several others because of their sales of S-400 anti-aircraft systems to other countries. But in almost every case, the sanctions were imposed with Trump complaining about it, saying we were being too hard.”

The Trump-era national security adviser claimed the former president did not know where Ukraine was on a map and said he believed Russia did not take more aggressive actions while Trump was in office because Russia “didn’t feel that their military was ready.”

“The fact is that he barely knew where Ukraine was. He once asked John Kelly, his second chief of staff, if Finland were a part of Russia. It’s just not accurate to say that Trump's behavior somehow deterred the Russians,” Bolton said.

Takeaway? When the Trump administration was tough on Russia it happened with Trump protesting, or kept out of the loop. There are Republicans who would be very tough on Russia. They would probably be the Republicans who know where Ukraine (and Finland) are on a map.
I fail to see how any of this has any relevance to what’s happening now. What we do know is Putin invaded no one while Trump was in office. Kim behaved pretty well while a Trump was in office. Trump didn’t start any wars as many feared while in office. Bolton didn’t like a Trump, so we have that.

I got this. Bolton is just a disgruntled, war mongering liar who always hated trump and is still mad that trump fired him.

It was Congress that was pushing for the sanctions. When they became law, trump didn't have a choice.

• Haha
Making an offhand comment that wasn’t the main point of the thread is exactly that: an offhand comment. If I want to have a serious discussion about election reform, it’s certainly not going to be with you or the rest of your band of whackos because again, the majority of you think the election was stolen. Y’all are just too far gone.

Now if you don’t mind, I’ll sit back and wait for you to call out the rash of dummies (aka your fellow buddies) on here who insisted that Trump would have stopped Putin from invading the Ukraine even though not one idea was offered up when repeatedly pressed. At least spare me one more post before I have to call you a hypocrite.
I only speak for me, not anyone else. I have said nothing about Trump and Ukraine.

You should burn down your rivals account...and replace it with nothing. See, that's how you do it, puf.

It's absolutely true that the mainstream media, on both sides, has an agenda and frames news to fit it. But it doesn't mean the facts presented aren't true. People have to be smart enough to separate the two. Most aren't.

But alternative has their problems too. Their facts are based on less information and sources. Perhaps not intentionally, they don't have the resources. Their agenda, imo, is to foster doubt and skepticism in our traditional institutions whether it be the media, the scientific community, the Intel community, our alliances, etc. Spend enough time watching only their programming leads to people to question everything. There is no baseline, no one can be trusted, no organization can be trusted.
So instead of telling the truth about....say...traditional media, that they do get things wrong and have an agenda, the mantra becomes they get everything wrong, you can't trust anything they say, they hate America and are evil......including the people whose agenda they are pushing. It all goes too far.

I listen to Smerconish and Dan Abrams regularly. I see other stuff but those two are truly in the middle and have no agenda.
Are they telling you the truth if they only tell you half of the facts? Yes alternative media can have issues too, but most of the time they are very careful and get the story right.

I only speak for me, not anyone else. I have said nothing about Trump and Ukraine.

You should burn down your rivals account...and replace it with nothing. See, that's how you do it, puf.

That’s probably the best idea you’ve ever had, riveting. I wouldn’t be subject to your lazy, deflecting, moronic takes. The better idea, though, is for you to burn yours down and focus on assisting with the Hunter Biden investigation.

And no surprise you haven’t commented on Putin and Russia. I just wanted to point out your hypocrisy.

And the ones before him? You gonna even bother trying today, bone?
How far back you want to go?

The bottom line is, why did Putin only do things like invade Crimea, invade Ukraine, etc while the US was under Dem leadership?
Is it just coincidence or was Trump a deterrent?

The bottom line is, why did Putin only do things like invade Crimea, invade Ukraine, etc while the US was under Dem leadership?
I still think it’s hilarious that you knobs think Trump single-handedly prevented Putin from attacking anyone when he ran and hid in his bunker during protests outside the White House. You’ve spent way too much time looking at the poster of Trump dressed up like Superman you have hanging up in your bedroom.

The "mean tweets" thing is getting old. I know that boils it down one talking point you can remember easily..........but they are just visible evidence of the horrible person he is and president he was.

It's amazing that people.....even those like you who approve of him, can look at what he says and who he is.......and think that this insecure narcissist who is completely self adsorbed can somehow be a different person when it comes to making decisions about what is best for this country........and not allow his massive deficiencies affect those decisions.

Does he have a switch he just turns on and off?
I do beg that you all keep it up because I am the last person who wants Trump to be the nominee (although current polling has him winning - yes it’s that bad).

My preferred candidate is +21 in his gubernatorial RE-election bid against as non-crazy democratic candidate with great name recognition. And that includes + with Hispanics and +30 with independents. So pleeeeease continue to dump on the one R Biden/HRC/Mayor Pete/AOC could beat in 2024.

Your grand ideas always work out so well. Please see defund the police and keeping schools closed to appease the teachers unions has. I assume Republican Party leadership says thank you for returning the white suburban mom back home to its roots.

Trump being tough on Putin = not covering his teeth with his lips
isn't it amazing how the right wing completely ignored Trumps little man crush on that commie dictator.
I guess not when you are dead in the brain.

If you don’t think Trump runs the Republican Party, you’re an even bigger moron than I initially thought. He has grabbed your party by the pu$$y, just like you wanted, and has only tightened the grip. It’s just reality, bud. Tell you what, I’ll let you try again. Maybe go back up the thread and call out folks like SD who insist none of this would be happening If trump was in charge. Talk about TDS. You commie lovers are quite the bunch.
I'm on your side in this discussion, but you really should pay attention to what is happening right now. He's losing them.

I do beg that you all keep it up because I am the last person who wants Trump to be the nominee (although current polling has him winning - yes it’s that bad).

My preferred candidate is +21 in his gubernatorial RE-election bid against as non-crazy democratic candidate with great name recognition. And that includes + with Hispanics and +30 with independents. So pleeeeease continue to dump on the one R Biden/HRC/Mayor Pete/AOC could beat in 2024.

Your grand ideas always work out so well. Please see defund the police and keeping schools closed to appease the teachers unions has. I assume Republican Party leadership says thank you for returning the white suburban mom back home to its roots.
omg. LOL
The depths of stupidity here know no bounds.

Trump was hostile toward NATO and had discussions about pulling out. Why would Putin attack Ukraine and risk conflict with NATO and the US if trump was going to pull out? Would be a hell of a lot easier without a US backed NATO. He was counting on trump being reelected. We know and Putin kniws trump would not stand up or take the lead in garnering support for Ukraine.

Trump was doing exactly what Putin wanted. A second term would have finished the job.

• Haha
Good for her. Now tell me she was speaking at a white nationalist, anti semetic organization's meeting. Just walking by?
You seriously want to bring up anti-Semitic activities?

BLM is extremely anti-Semitic, supports BDS, it’s founders have praised Louis Farrakhan and spoke with him. In Kenosha BLM defaced a synagogue with pro-Palestinian graffiti. And BLM just bailed out a guy who attempted to murder a Jewish candidate. Oh and their founder bought about 10 million in real estate somehow and the “organization” is missing 60+ million.

Despite this this administration allowed the BLM to fly over American embassies and their letters are plastered all over D cities. If you take a roll call of D elected leaders plus 90 would support.

And if you want I can get into the specific ant-Semitic statements made by members of the Squad.

So I ask you Bob, are you concerned with the rise of anti-semitism in the Democratic Party and affiliations?

The absolute bare minimum is to say what she did was wrong, and you can’t. Oh well, she’s your idiot. Birds of a feather and all that.
Would you like me to post anti-Semitic comments by Democratic Congress members Omar and Talib?

I’m a Democrat who’s also against illegal immigration, and since illegals aren’t allowed to vote anyway, your entire post is nothing but bullshit. I would ask you to try again, but it will just be more made up nonsense, so no need to bother.
Incorrect they are now allowed to vote in many local elections. Probably your news sources don’t tell you this because (like voter ID) citizen requirements to vote is highly popular amongst all Americans.

Additionally states who issue drivers licenses to non-citizens and /or have motor voter and/or have no voter ID laws have huge integrity issues because it’s simple attestation that you are a legal citizen. People have been convicted.

#UnderstandTheTruth

Reactions: bonefish1
omg. LOL
The depths of stupidity here know no bounds.
My sister is a teacher and I have friends who are teachers. I know what their leadership told them. And I live in Chicago and it was the teachers Union that prevented schools from opening. A couple teachers were ostracized and penalized for working. One was a chess coach o the west side who kept going in to work with him team of all black kids in a very bad neighborhood. These kids are severely marginalized and this guy is giving them hope. But the Union didn’t give a shit. It is a terrible story of how the adults used our children as pawns.

You want to stand up for that than you can be counted.

Would you like me to post anti-Semitic comments by Democratic Congress members Omar and Talib?
What is it with folks on the right on here who just can’t bring themselves to call someone out for doing something terrible? Instead it’s just deflection and whataboutism. I mean I guess I can safely assume you agree with what they’re doing and saying.

They have been plenty of discussions about the reps you’ve mentioned. Feel free to look them up. And feel free to tell me when they were keynote speakers at a white nationalist meeting. I’ll wait.

Trump was hostile toward NATO and had discussions about pulling out. Why would Putin attack Ukraine and risk conflict with NATO and the US if trump was going to pull out? Would be a hell of a lot easier without a US backed NATO. He was counting on trump being reelected. We know and Putin kniws trump would not stand up or take the lead in garnering support for Ukraine.

Trump was doing exactly what Putin wanted. A second term would have finished the job.
Again, the USA does not need NATO. The USA was funding NATO at a significantly disproportional level. Trump said "Why should the US fund NATO and get nothing in return other than the responsibility as the world's big brother?"

What is it with folks on the right on here who just can’t bring themselves to call someone out for doing something terrible? Instead it’s just deflection and whataboutism. I mean I guess I can safely assume you agree with what they’re doing and saying.

They have been plenty of discussions about the reps you’ve mentioned. Feel free to look them up. And feel free to tell me when they were keynote speakers at a white nationalist meeting. I’ll wait.
We have called out your party for doing terrible things to the American people. Unreal that you still support this democratic destruction operation.

Again, the USA does not need NATO. The USA was funding NATO at a significantly disproportional level. Trump said "Why should the US fund NATO and get nothing in return other than the responsibility as the world's big brother?"
Crimea = Obama, Ukraine = Biden. Obama gave Ukraine MREs. Trump gave them weapons.

We have called out your party for doing terrible things to the American people. Unreal that you still support this democratic destruction operation.
No. You guys make shit up and then whine about the shit you make up. You’re really really good at gaslighting, I’ll give you that.

Reactions: indy35
No. You guys make shit up and then whine about the shit you make up. You’re really really good at gaslighting, I’ll give you that.
The boarder, energy, covid mandates, excessive spending, inflation, cancel culture, shortages, are due to policies and actions issued by the Democrats in a little over a year. What did I make up, and how do you support these things?

My sister is a teacher and I have friends who are teachers. I know what their leadership told them. And I live in Chicago and it was the teachers Union that prevented schools from opening. A couple teachers were ostracized and penalized for working. One was a chess coach o the west side who kept going in to work with him team of all black kids in a very bad neighborhood. These kids are severely marginalized and this guy is giving them hope. But the Union didn’t give a shit. It is a terrible story of how the adults used our children as pawns.

You want to stand up for that than you can be counted.
I lived in Chgo for 20 years before relocating south. The CTU is the laziest bunch of sloths you'll ever meet (no offense to your sister).
They'll do anything to get out of going to work. Strikes and threats of strikes are very popular with them.
Then they wonder why kids graduate from CPS and can barely read.

Reactions: SKYDOG
The boarder, energy, covid mandates, excessive spending, inflation, cancel culture, shortages, are due to policies and actions issued by the Democrats in a little over a year. What did I make up, and how do you support these things?
Like I said. Gaslighting. Buzz words thrown out and then picked up by the gullible.

The border (I assume this is what you mean). What about it?

Energy. What about it?

Covid mandates. Were there none in 2020? Most of them are gone now anyway. What couldn’t you do with mandates that you weren’t already going before?

Inflation: learn some basic economics. Yes, it’s high. But it’s everywhere. Also, have you bothered to look at any corporate numbers for 2021 yet? Ever stop and say damn, they’re raking it in. Some of the price increases are just because they can.

Cancel culture. This one is funny because y’all bitch about yet want to cancel everything in sight. Hypocrites.

Shortages: see, pandemic. But what haven’t you been able to buy? I’m not out of anything I don’t need.

Again, right wing bogeyman buzzwords that prey on the gullible, and you’re just that…hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: indy35

It’s not “what aboutism” it highlighting the hypocrisy. Clutching your pearls in faux outrage.

I don’t support her nor whatever group that is and the last administration was staunchly pro-Israel and oversaw the brokering of IIRC 4 peace accords and normalization between Israel and Middle East nations. Agreements some in your party opposed.

And are you saying that these prominent members of the D party have not spoke and rallied with the above referenced group? Do you know what BDS is and who supports it?

And because you have interest in regurgitating non sequiturs and talking points I will inform you that 4 current members of Congress (plus several) former w/multiple on the ballot for ‘22 are members of DSA (Bernie Sanders is sometimes depending on the audience). Their stated position is BDS and the dissolution of the current State of Israel.

So you point to some fringe rep who has been stripped of most of her power vs. major power brokers and faces who run under the political affiliation of a anti-Semitic organization.

Yet you don’t see the irony of your position?

Reactions: BuilderPurdueFan35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT