ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and coronavirus

How has America only tested 5000 people for cornavirus? While South Korea is testing 15,000 a day. We can no longer depend on the federal government or Dementia Donnie to protect us. It is so sad that this administration incompetence is now killing Americans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607714/
Hopefully, the considerable number of top Public Health officials in this country and their honest and
professional efforts to protect citizens...will prevail over any and all distracting and counterproductive
moves and rhetoric from the full-time 2020 campaigner - DJT. I.e.- 11/2020 = #1...coronavirus = #2
Fingers crossed.

rss.tribunecontentagency.com20200309edwas-a.tifampp-00a43f6b483804520f1e2388f5932ef4a3803b9d

How has America only tested 5000 people for cornavirus? While South Korea is testing 15,000 a day. We can no longer depend on the federal government or Dementia Donnie to protect us. It is so sad that this administration incompetence is now killing Americans.

Does it surprise anyone that a guy that seems only concerned with ratings would not want actual numbers to come out? Again, I am not calling this a death sentence for a vast majority of people, but when health system gets overburdened it will get pretty ugly

Insurance companies are also denying they will waive all copays for treatment, just testing.

Dow futures plunge after speech.

Remember when I said the president doesn't have the ability to affect the markets. I was wrong in this case. Cargo ban? WTF.

CDC and Public Health Labs
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing-in-us.html

Private labs do not report negative results to the CDC. So the 5000 number is well under the actual number.

If they would reduce cost of testing or even better make testing free, we might have a better idea about spread of Coronavirus in U.S.

CDC and Public Health Labs
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing-in-us.html

Private labs do not report negative results to the CDC. So the 5000 number is well under the actual number.

I doubt it's well under as the tests have generally been reserved for high risk/exposure patients (given how few tests have been available in the botched handling from this administration).

I also doubt the reporting methodology is so different from country to country so as to make the comparisons invalid.

I doubt it's well under as the tests have generally been reserved for high risk/exposure patients (given how few tests have been available in the botched handling from this administration).

I also doubt the reporting methodology is so different from country to country so as to make the comparisons invalid.
The linked article from TheAtlantic states over and over that many states have not reported the number of tests conducted or stopped reporting the number of tests. Look at the CDC numbers as of 3/11. Over 11,000 and the day by numbers only increased by 404 since March 9. So how did TheAtlantic miss counting over 5000 tests?

The linked article from TheAtlantic states over and over that many states have not reported the number of tests conducted or stopped reporting the number of tests. Look at the CDC numbers as of 3/11. Over 11,000 and the day by numbers only increased by 404 since March 9. So how did TheAtlantic miss counting over 5000 tests?

The point is that the data gathering is woefully insufficient and you're going to have an extremely difficult time making the case that an appropriate number of tests have actually been conducted. What is your threshold for that, and why? Do you honestly think that, as a % of the total population, we've tested as much as the UK or South Korea did at this point in their own outbreaks (we haven't)? And even if we have, but the federal infrastructure isn't in place to have accurately captured the data, that's an equally massive failure.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Testing in Australia is free and readily available. My understanding is that, without insurance, it costs over a thousand dollars to be tested in U.S. Most people would assume it was a cold or flu and not be tested. Testing would seem to be a better start then banning all flights from Europe especially when people can come through Britain or Canada.

I know I'm really adding to the conversation here.... but just wanted to make sure we're all still aware ...

We're being led by a moron who spent a national address last night which biggest idea was to ban flights from parts (but not all <-- because that's logical) of Europe thinking that will stop a pandemic

1ludGhs.png

His ability to be so out of touch and behind is truly amazing.

South Korea, you can get tested in a drive thru lane for free. What do we do? We require people to jump through 6-7 hoops. Call your Dr. Go see your Dr. Have Dr approve you for getting a test. Get test. Send Test to private lab. Wait for results. Pay private lab $1400 (if you don't have insurance) for said test.

1W1wCVm.png

P.S> Don't try to make me feel beteer by saying we aren't tracking everyone we are testing. My answer would be why not? No need to answer... I already know. We're being led by incompetence. We've known about COVID-19 since December 1. Our President spent the first 3 months pretending it wouldn't come here and not taking sufficient steps to be prepared for it. God forbid he quit golfing and going to his resort and rallies multiple times a week.

The point is that the data gathering is woefully insufficient and you're going to have an extremely difficult time making the case that an appropriate number of tests have actually been conducted. What is your threshold for that, and why? Do you honestly think that, as a % of the total population, we've tested as much as the UK or South Korea did at this point in their own outbreaks (we haven't)? And even if we have, but the federal infrastructure isn't in place to have accurately captured the data, that's an equally massive failure.
Don’t have data on the number of tests by private labs. An appropriate number would be nothing but speculation as would any comparison to other countries.

There have only been 11k tests done in the US, pathetic. There are probably thousands of positive cases out there that haven't been tested. South Korea is testing 10k A DAY.

There have only been 11k tests done in the US, pathetic. There are probably thousands of positive cases out there that haven't been tested. South Korea is testing 10k A DAY.
11,000 tests as reported for the CDC and public health labs. Repeating, private labs do not or don’t need to report negative test results. So the the actual number of tests conducted could be thousands higher than 11,000. Many, many thousands higher if that makes you happy.

11,000 tests as reported for the CDC and public health labs. Repeating, private labs do not or don’t need to report negative test results. So the the actual number of tests conducted could be thousands higher than 11,000. Many, many thousands higher if that makes you happy.

Oh good we're relying on "could bes". Fantastic.

Just pure incompetence.that alone hasn't been resolved yet. "All private labs must report daily the # of coronavirus tests issued, # of results issued, and # of positive results issued to the CDC"

How has that not happened yet? Lack of leadership. That's how.

Reactions: Mr_Scott

Thanks for this article that just proves the administration is incompetent. Just have labs call in and leave a voicemail daily. Have VA's tabulate these numbers. Put an asterisk that these are "estimates" and then go back and confirm them once the IT teams can create that seamless connectivity.

This isn't freaking rocket science.

If Trrump can know everything about the people that attend his rallies he can pull this off.

Last edited:
About those "millions of tests" ......

Indiana has received only 1,000 tests and has tested 64 people.

The Indiana State Department of Health received COVID-19 test kits Feb. 29, with the capacity to run 1,000 tests.

That was before Indiana had its first confirmed coronavirus case. As of Thursday, the state said the CDC and ISDH had performed 64 total tests in Indiana.
Apparently those millions of other tests must have ended up in Alaska or got lost in the mail.

Source :: https://www.indystar.com/story/news...navirus-indiana-what-we-dont-know/5030285002/

this incompetent moron we have as President. Won't be the first time the other side foists an idiot on the entire nation. Shades of GWB and 2008 Great recession.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
About those "millions of tests" ......

Indiana has received only 1,000 tests and has tested 64 people.

The Indiana State Department of Health received COVID-19 test kits Feb. 29, with the capacity to run 1,000 tests.

That was before Indiana had its first confirmed coronavirus case. As of Thursday, the state said the CDC and ISDH had performed 64 total tests in Indiana.
Apparently those millions of other tests must have ended up in Alaska or got lost in the mail.

Source :: https://www.indystar.com/story/news...navirus-indiana-what-we-dont-know/5030285002/

Well they tested 64 and had 12 positives. It seems as if they are using them wisely.

Or, those other kits could have been sent to an area of greater need.

I have no complaints about how Indiana has handled things so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT