ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and coronavirus

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Trump is not wrong on trying to calm perceptions, the problem is he can’t do it in a way that isn’t about him and his obsession over how others see him as winning or losing. As a doctor said to me today, am I afraid of it, no, will I seek it out, no.
Don't know if you saw it but Pence's briefing yesterday was really good. He didn't contradict the experts that spoke. He gave the facts..........good and bad........about the status of the spread of the virus and what the admin was doing. He came across as strong and credible. I found it reassuring.

Don't know if you saw it but Pence's briefing yesterday was really good. He didn't contradict the experts that spoke. He gave the facts..........good and bad........about the status of the spread of the virus and what the admin was doing. He came across as strong and credible. I found it reassuring.
Pence 2024 for Builder Bob it is!

Apparently Pence is going to act as the president on Coronavirus so our actual president can still be candidate Trump allowing him to say whatever crosses his mind unfiltered.

Apparently Pence is going to act as the president on Coronavirus so our actual president can still be candidate Trump allowing him to say whatever crosses his mind unfiltered.
Trump is doing what any President would do. Things get delegated all of the time. So far, the US actions on the Coronavirus have been proper. Limiting people from China, Korea, Italy and other virus hotspots from coming here. Quarantining those known infected or exposed. Using Dr. Anthony Fauci from CDC to do what he does in these circumstances.

What would you do physically that is different than what the Trump Administration has done?

Trump is doing what any President would do. Things get delegated all of the time. So far, the US actions on the Coronavirus have been proper. Limiting people from China, Korea, Italy and other virus hotspots from coming here. Quarantining those known infected or exposed. Using Dr. Anthony Fauci from CDC to do what he does in these circumstances.

What would you do physically that is different than what the Trump Administration has done?
Probably stylistic but I would not have named Pence to be the man in charge of handling the coronavirus outbreak. If you are going to have someone be the point man on the outbreak at least give it to someone who has a science background but ultimately it is on the president. Not saying it's fair but it just goes with the territory. Herbert Hoover got blamed for the Great Depression; he had only been in office about 7 months before the market crashed.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan

Why are you limiting it to just physically? Part of being a President is knowing your words have weight and using them appropriately. I agree that the "physical" response has been better than many in the media want to admit...but a PRESDIENT doesn't come out and say a spreading virus is a plot from his political party. He doesn't say it's OK to go to work or other place as the number of cases increases, and your own government doesn't have many answers. And he doesn't generally spout out his butt every thought that comes to mind. We all know who Trump is at this point, so this isn't surprising, but you can't dismiss it.

Why are you limiting it to just physically? Part of being a President is knowing your words have weight and using them appropriately. I agree that the "physical" response has been better than many in the media want to admit...but a PRESDIENT doesn't come out and say a spreading virus is a plot from his political party. He doesn't say it's OK to go to work or other place as the number of cases increases, and your own government doesn't have many answers. And he doesn't generally spout out his butt every thought that comes to mind. We all know who Trump is at this point, so this isn't surprising, but you can't dismiss it.
That's pretty lame. Ds and the media try to make it seem that the Trump Administration has been bumbling around in its response, endangering the nation. That is patently false.

Probably stylistic but I would not have named Pence to be the man in charge of handling the coronavirus outbreak. If you are going to have someone be the point man on the outbreak at least give it to someone who has a science background but ultimately it is on the president. Not saying it's fair but it just goes with the territory. Herbert Hoover got blamed for the Great Depression; he had only been in office about 7 months before the market crashed.
Dr. Fauci is a busy man. Yet he's been on TV multiple times, including CBS on Sunday morning. The point man is the President's spokesperson on the subject - Pence. This is akin to Obama having Michelle handle his school lunch revision program - "healthy lunches".

The stakes are obviously higher than the lunch program, but Pence has an enormous team of people doing the heavy lifting behind him trying to minimize the impact on the country. So far, the US response has been appropriate and effective.

That's pretty lame. Ds and the media try to make it seem that the Trump Administration has been bumbling around in its response, endangering the nation. That is patently false.
What is lame? Did the President not say the coronavirus was a hoax by the Democrats? Did he not say people would get better by sitting around or even going to work? Did he not just say on Sean Hannity's show that scientifically backed data and projections from his own organization were false because of a "hunch." This isn't difficult.

What is lame? Did the President not say the coronavirus was a hoax by the Democrats? Did he not say people would get better by sitting around or even going to work? Did he not just say on Sean Hannity's show that scientifically backed data and projections from his own organization were false because of a "hunch." This isn't difficult.
The lame part is that the Trump Administration's response to the outbreak has been effective and proper, despite what the media talking heads say. Are you disputing that?

The lame part is that the Trump Administration's response to the outbreak has been effective and proper, despite what the media talking heads say. Are you disputing that?
No, try reading. I agreed with you on that part from the start and even admitted the media won't admit it. Do you dispute that Trump said any of those things? Do you dispute that they were dumb things for a President to say?

I get it...the media is the boogeyman. Spooky CNN and the big bad D's are being mean to Trump again. He owns his own words.

it's a highly contagious flu virus that doesn't always present with a lot of symptoms...it's just going to run its course. No politician is going to stop it. No CDC worker is going to cure it. If this presents a medical risk for you, you should CALL YOUR FRIGGIN DOCTOR.

I honestly hope that none of the people who are on this board believe what Trump is saying about the coronavirus.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/05/trump-disputes-coronavirus-death-rate-121892
I do think the death rate is lower than being reported. South Korea’s death rate is under 1% which can be attributed to early testing and treatment but also due to the larger population size that has been tested with negative results
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...hundreds-of-thousands-to-fight-virus-outbreak

Like you guys always say, don't pay attention to what Trump says.
Pay attention to what he DOES. So many people fixate on what he says, how he says it, what he tweets, that they completely lose sight of what he's done and is getting done.

Yes I understand that part of this is Trump being Trump. You get all of him - the good and the bad. I just happen to think the good outweighs the bad and a number of folks on here don't. Some think he's an existential threat to the US and the world.

If that were truly the case, he'd be starting wars left and right and getting thousands of soldiers killed. That's obviously not happening. He's trying to get the US out of conflicts, not get us into new ones.

Reactions: SKYDOG and BSIT
Pay attention to what he DOES. So many people fixate on what he says, how he says it, what he tweets, that they completely lose sight of what he's done and is getting done.

Yes I understand that part of this is Trump being Trump. You get all of him - the good and the bad. I just happen to think the good outweighs the bad and a number of folks on here don't. Some think he's an existential threat to the US and the world.

If that were truly the case, he'd be starting wars left and right and getting thousands of soldiers killed. That's obviously not happening. He's trying to get the US out of conflicts, not get us into new ones.
???

It's never been about Donald Trump's military hawkishness. Not worried about a collection of neo-cons.,
like those in 2002, that engineered the 2nd Iraq War debacle.
Not going to launch into an A to Z attack on the Pres.
Would suggest that the "Don't listen to what Trump says" idea has had and will have limited usefulness
in determining his reputation. What he says is who he IS, regardless of what eventually happens after
many in the Executive Branch have had their input.

???

It's never been about Donald Trump's military hawkishness. Not worried about a collection of neo-cons.,
like those in 2002, that engineered the 2nd Iraq War debacle.
Not going to launch into an A to Z attack on the Pres.
Would suggest that the "Don't listen to what Trump says" idea has had and will have limited usefulness
in determining his reputation. What he says is who he IS, regardless of what eventually happens after
many in the Executive Branch have had their input.
It's one of his strengths and one of his weaknesses at the same time. You only see it as a weakness, because you want to believe that's the way it is.

I'll readily admit that my dislike for Obama caused me to focus on his weaknesses and I largely ignored some of his strengths. Regardless, I despised many of his policies.

It's one of his strengths and one of his weaknesses at the same time. You only see it as a weakness, because you want to believe that's the way it is.

I'll readily admit that my dislike for Obama caused me to focus on his weaknesses and I largely ignored some of his strengths. Regardless, I despised many of his policies.
We're kindof back @ Square One.....left of center/right of center.
Until we meet again......

Do you guys have dental ?

This response deserves a nice Victoria Justice gif...

giphy.gif

Reactions: BSIT
Pence is why I wasn’t worried about Trump getting impeached. Would be a refreshing break from the constant self promotion.

Like a normal functioning human? How low the bar has gotten.

Trump figures he "maybe has a natural ability" in "this stuff", as he puts it (disease control medicine) ??
If someone gave him a facemask to prevent airborne disease transmission...….they'd have to remind him to put the mask OVER HIS FACE...…..

“Everyone of these doctors said ‘how do you know so much about this.” How can you doubt his innate ability when not one, not two, but everyone of these doctors recognized and commented on his superior abilities?

And you are fine with this narcissist running the show because your 401k looks great........well, at least it did.

Why is it every time this guy shows his ass you people start bragging about an election that hasn't happened yet?
Not a Trump fan. Voted for Cruz.

Just find it hilarious that Screw Loose Joe and Bernie the Red are the best you clowns can come up with.

Reactions: BSIT
Not a Trump fan. Voted for Cruz.

Just find it hilarious that Screw Loose Joe and Bernie the Red are the best you clowns can come up with.
Doesn't matter. You certainly approve of Trump now......just like Cruz.

I'm not a Dem and didn't vote for Hillary.......but kind of you to once again change the subject and avoid talking about what Trump said.

Doesn't matter. You certainly approve of Trump now......just like Cruz.

I'm not a Dem and didn't vote for Hillary.......but kind of you to once again change the subject and avoid talking about what Trump said.
I certainly do not approve of everything Trump does/says. Quit being silly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT