ADVERTISEMENT

The Prime Event THREAD

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Some recruiting content that’s not transfer portal related for the first time in awhile.

Tomorrow I will be at The Prime Event in Westfield to watch a couple of commits and several other targets.

I’ll add videos and stories into this thread.

Some of the players expected to be in attendance:

Avery Gordon (2025 commit)
Kira Reynolds (2025 commit)
Madison Parrish (2025 guard - offered)
Divine Bourrage (2025 guard - offered)
Brooklyn Renn (2026 forward - offered)
KK Holman (2026 guard - offered)

Productive game one for Avery Gordon. Unofficial line of 19 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 assists.

Hoping she will be in game shape after the off season workouts. How tall is she exactly? Seems slow footed. MA was more fluid but we don’t have much of a choice now but to hope the bigs can produce quickly. Let us know your thoughts on Kira R. Dub!

Reactions: DubJellison
Hoping she will be in game shape after the off season workouts. How tall is she exactly? Seems slow footed. MA was more fluid but we don’t have much of a choice now but to hope the bigs can produce quickly. Let us know your thoughts on Kira R. Dub!
Gordon still has her senior year before showing up, and at 6'5" or 6 and broad framed she ain't going to be a gazelle ever.

Reactions: HoopDad317
2025 five-star Divine Bourrage is as good as advertised. She finished with 21 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists while beating Indiana commit Maya Makalusky and West Virginia Thunder.

Only complaint is she shoots a lot of the worst shots in basketball, standing on the three point line. 4 inches back and she has 6 more points this game alone

Gordon still has her senior year before showing up, and at 6'5" or 6 and broad framed she ain't going to be a gazelle ever.
My error. I thought she was coming in next month. I have her a year older in my mind. Not expecting gazelle, although there are some
Bigs in the Big Ten that can haul a**.

Couple of in-state 2026 prospects that hold offers from the Boilermakes. Brooklyn Renn (four-star forward) and KK Holman (guard)

Some highlights of 2025 Indiana Elite (Avery Gordon’s teammate) guard Meredith Tippner. She is third in the 17U 3SSB circuit in scoring, averaging 19.7 points in Session I.

On Saturday, she finished with 12 points, five rebounds and two assists.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Last one from a long day. Kira Reynolds had a slow day by her standards, tallying 10 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals and 6 assists in two games.

I saw someone responded about Gordon, so I’ll touch on Kira.

It was my first time seeing her live and she didn’t have one of her typical performances. Was a bit more tentative that I expected, although both of her games were very fast paced which really isn’t her game.

Didn’t score like she’s accustomed to, but got after it on the glass and has all the makings of an All-Big Ten Defensive Team player. Blocking shots, getting into the passing lane.

One thing I was surprised by was her passing ability. She has great vision and puts it on the money more times than not. Not as flashy as Trevion Williams, but her ability to pass out of the post is similar in that regard.

Would like to see her in some more competitive games. Legends U went 2-0 today with a 60 point win and a 32 point win…

Story recapping all the action will be for subscribers tomorrow, so I’ll share some thoughts on each player here.

Avery Gordon:

Gordon played how I’ve come to expect from her. At 6-6, you’re rarely going to find someone who can handle her defensively, next steps will be honing in on expanding her repertoire in the post.

Divine Bourrage: 2025 five-star guard

I knew Bourrage was special, and her showing on Saturday still impressed me. She is smooth, can truly score at all three levels and isn’t afraid to make an impact on the glass or get her hands dirty defensively.

Purdue has a slim chance at landing the No. 4 player in ESPN’s 2025 rankings, but not zero.

Brooklynn Renn: 2026 four-star forward

I don’t know if anyone impressed me as much as Renn did today. I could not find a glaring weakness in her game. 6’3” forward that can shoot from the perimeter and score in the post. While she doesn’t look super strong, she dealt with bigger posts with ease. Was never outmatched defensively, whether it was a smaller, quicker forward or someone similar to her size.

If you were to build a stretch four in a lab, it’d be Brooklynn Renn.

Bonus: She is also Trey Kaufman-Renn’s cousin.

KK Holman: 2026 guard

Holman has the fierceness of Kelly Komara, in my opinion, which is why Purdue showing interest is no surprise. She picks up opposing guards the length of the floor and constantly makes hustle plays.

Scored it well today, but that hasn’t been her strength through two years at the high school level.

Lillie Graves: 2027 wing

McCutcheon’s star had a rough go of it today, which made it hard to form an informed opinion on her. She seemed tentative, but was playing two grades up against a loaded Example Sports group.

Would like to see in a school ball environment before I give a full breakdown.

I saw someone responded about Gordon, so I’ll touch on Kira.

It was my first time seeing her live and she didn’t have one of her typical performances. Was a bit more tentative that I expected, although both of her games were very fast paced which really isn’t her game.

Didn’t score like she’s accustomed to, but got after it on the glass and has all the makings of an All-Big Ten Defensive Team player. Blocking shots, getting into the passing lane.

One thing I was surprised by was her passing ability. She has great vision and puts it on the money more times than not. Not as flashy as Trevion Williams, but her ability to pass out of the post is similar in that regard.

Would like to see her in some more competitive games. Legends U went 2-0 today with a 60 point win and a 32 point win…
So not her typical games as she was tentative because the games were fast paced ? She does know what the Big Ten will be right? … but then you say she could be the type of player to earn Big Ten DPOY? Seems you have to have a quick pace to be a good defender. This was confusing to read. Or maybe you’re regarding defense as just being able to block shots? I view defense as way more than that. Sounds as if she struggles to keep up, maybe like her older sis? If so, that’s surprising. Maybe A. Reynolds is the best of the 3 sisters. Can’t wait to see her play this season!

So not her typical games as she was tentative because the games were fast paced ? She does know what the Big Ten will be right? … but then you say she could be the type of player to earn Big Ten DPOY? Seems you have to have a quick pace to be a good defender. This was confusing to read. Or maybe you’re regarding defense as just being able to block shots? I view defense as way more than that. Sounds as if she struggles to keep up, maybe like her older sis? If so, that’s surprising. Maybe A. Reynolds is the best of the 3 sisters. Can’t wait to see her play this season!
She wasn’t as aggressive in terms of finding her shot. When she did get touches in the half court, she was facilitating more so than looking to score. Many of those were at the top of the key though. I’d say she had around 5 low post touches between the two games, which is low compared to her workload for SB Washington.

But, a lot of her team’s offense came in transition and fast breaks whereas she is more effective in the post (in my opinion). I can’t count how many times Legends U got wide open layups off turnovers. That’s the pace of the game aspect I was referring to.

Defensively she blocked and altered a lot of shots in the paint. In that regard, she showed the skills to be a great rim protector.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT