ADVERTISEMENT

Two highly-touted WBB recruits visiting

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Purdue women’s basketball is hosting a pair of top targets this weekend in West Lafayette.

Avery Gordon: 6’6 center from Brownsburg, IN (2025)

After Kira Reynolds’ commitment, Purdue is looking to add to the class of 2025. Gordon has been on Purdue’s radar for some time and is arguably the staff’s top target in the class now. She is the No. 42 recruit in 2025, per ESPN.

She also holds offers from Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and others.

Kamrah Banks: 5’9 guard from Indianapolis, who transferred to Montverde Academy. (2026)

A top 2026 recruit is also scheduled to be on campus this weekend in Kamrah Banks. She was offered by Purdue in 8th grade and previously played for Mark Stephens’ AAU program.

She has other offers from Alabama, Michigan, Miami, Kentucky, Iowa, Ohio State and others.

This will be her 2nd unofficial visit to Purdue - I would think that bodes well for us. Some tough competition though. But these are the battles we need to begin winning with top in state talent. Hopefully that Indiana to Michigan pipeline has officially closed. That has hurt us the last 10 years.

Purdue women’s basketball is hosting a pair of top targets this weekend in West Lafayette.

Avery Gordon: 6’6 center from Brownsburg, IN (2025)

After Kira Reynolds’ commitment, Purdue is looking to add to the class of 2025. Gordon has been on Purdue’s radar for some time and is arguably the staff’s top target in the class now. She is the No. 42 recruit in 2025, per ESPN.

She also holds offers from Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and others.

Kamrah Banks: 5’9 guard from Indianapolis, who transferred to Montverde Academy. (2026)

A top 2026 recruit is also scheduled to be on campus this weekend in Kamrah Banks. She was offered by Purdue in 8th grade and previously played for Mark Stephens’ AAU program.

She has other offers from Alabama, Michigan, Miami, Kentucky, Iowa, Ohio State and others.
Update: The weekend went very well for Katie Gearlds and company.

I am a little surprised that we are offering a classic 6'6" low post aircraft carrier with how one poster here who CLAIMS to have extensive inside information keeps telling us that coach Gearlds wants highly mobile posts that can be a threat to score at all three levels. Gordon is definitely in the Mary Jo Noon category of slower wide body low post only type player.
Sort of an odd post…seems like you’re begging for an arguement. If the girl is top 40 in the country, of course she’s going to be priority being an Indiana kid.

I had a nice chat with Avery Gordon and even got a picture taken with her. She really likes Purdue. I was telling her how exciting the women’s team will be to watch. Hopefully we get her.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Sort of an odd post…seems like you’re begging for an arguement. If the girl is top 40 in the country, of course she’s going to be priority being an Indiana kid.
I am definitely twitting Pride and his endless posts about how he knows what KG wants and she will only be recruiting highly mobile posts that's can score from all three levels. Like most of his many assertions of superior knowledge and inside information its once again proving to be garbage.

I am definitely twitting Pride and his endless posts about how he knows what KG wants and she will only be recruiting highly mobile posts that's can score from all three levels. Like most of his many assertions of superior knowledge and inside information its once again proving to be garbage.

I would wager a high amount of money that you have never seen Gordon play a minute of basketball and have no idea what type of player she is or could possibly be in the future. You’re merely going off of her dimensions and maybe a picture.

But considering the way the game has changed I’d be surprised if espn’s top ranked post in the country is a slow lumbering loaf who can only jump and shoot bunnies at the rim. She had offers from Maryland and Mississippi State and neither team likes to run a slow old fashioned half court style games. So once again you’re spouting off at the mouth knowing nothing about what you’re talking about. Cheers.

• Haha
ROFL, you are a laugh riot. I am pretty sure I've read more about her than you have. She averaged single digits in points and rebounds as a frosh on a team that only won about 60% of their games. Pictures appear to show she is not in great shape and she states in her interviews that she'd like to develop a three point shot but it's not in her skill set yet. But if you'd done any research on her you'd know that wouldn't you.... ROFL

Last edited:
ROFL, you are a laugh riot. I am pretty sure I've read more about her than you have. She averaged single digits in points and rebounds as a frosh on a team that only won about 60% of their games. Pictures appear to show she is not in great shape and she states in her interviews that she'd like to develop a three point shot but it's not in her skill set yet. But if you'd done any research on her you'd know that wouldn't you.... ROFL
And to make myself clear, I would love to get Ms Gordon signed and in black and gold. She already has something you can't teach, height. But I also feel like maybe we would have been a better team last year with Woltman at 5 and Harper at 4 as I feel Harpers poor post defense was a limiting factor in last seasons results.

You’re a grade A sociopath you know that? Yeah let’s judge a 14 year old post player on what they did as a freshman in high school playing against upperclassmen. You are a such a cancer to this board and a main reason why few post here anymore. Instead of celebrating this program adding 2 top 60 nationally kids in a week you’re here picking fights. Get a life.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Wow, she could grow a inch or two more. She was offered by Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State also. I have to say that is something to win a recruiting battle with them, even if she is from our home state. Now she has time to polish her game and work on weak areas. I am not easily impressed, but this is impressive considering the other suitors and her ratings. One thing is sure that time will tell (ASIA song).

Go Boilers!
The perceived top suitors were Iowa and Ohio State, but Gearlds and company came in and kept her in-state.

First I will address your comment about judging Gordon on her play as a freshman. When you offer players that young scholarships, what else are you going to gauge her by? Her 4H project results? As per usual in your rush to be an insulting little man child you missed the point. She was offered not because she is a great player now, but because she is tall, somewhat mobile, and has a very high upside on potential. She is a classic low post center, and trying to use her as a three point threat is as foolish as trying to use Shaq out that far when he was playing. Coach to your players strengths, and you will do much better than playing your system and forcing square pegs into round holes, that was Versyp's approach.

As to me being the cancer on this board, anyone can look up your posts and see about every third one you are throwing a tantrum and insulting another poster because they disagree with you. You won't get called out on it by most because they either ignore you, are afraid of you, or are a fan boy of yours for reasons only the gods could understand.

You called me a sociopath, I can only assume you use the word because its thrown at you on the regular IRL. I don't think you are a sociopath through. Your posts are quite indicative of a classic narcissistic bully with very low self esteem who thinks he makes himself look good by insulting others and never realizing you are just exposing your own insecurities and lack of intellect and ability to understand opposing points of view every time you have one of your little childish fits on here.

Your posts continue to be mind numbingly stupid. *NEWSFLASH* - She averaged 18.2 ppg 8.7 rebounds and 2 blocks as a sophomore in high school playing against 4A competition with Brownsburg. - THAT is why she has earned all these scholarships from top programs including Purdue.

Considering you’re an apparent scholar of the life of Avery Gordon - I figured you would know that - but alas - I’m shocked to see your ignorance on the subject. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
Your posts continue to be mind numbingly stupid. *NEWSFLASH* - She averaged 18.2 ppg 8.7 rebounds and 2 blocks as a sophomore in high school playing against 4A competition with Brownsburg. - THAT is why she has earned all these scholarships from top programs including Purdue.

Considering you’re an apparent scholar of the life of Avery Gordon - I figured you would know that - but alas - I’m shocked to see your ignorance on the subject. 😂
This is a perfect example of your trollish behavior. You could have taken the high road, pointed out my error in a civil but slightly condescending fashion and scored points for knowledge and handling things like a reasonable adult. But that is not your way is it? You had to charge in insulting and showing once again you are just an insecure man-child that is only on these boards to insult and put down other posters. You being a massive jerk that would not be allowed on any well moderated board is as predictable as the sun rising in the east. Either way thank you for the correction.

How about if the two of you call a truce and agree to have resspectable discussions. People ca state their opinions but they should be done in what used to be called "in an adult manner". And everyone should realize that none of us know diddly squat and only coaches have any idea of what is going on.

How about if the two of you call a truce and agree to have resspectable discussions. People ca state their opinions but they should be done in what used to be called "in an adult manner". And everyone should realize that none of us know diddly squat and only coaches have any idea of what is going on.
I do try, but Pride seems incapable of treating others with respect. Its not just me he attacks, its anyone that dares to think slightly differently than he does. I was in Florida on vacation last week, so my access to information was limited. One of the best articles I found on Gordon was on the Iowa Rivals site which has a big writeup and interview with her, but I did not catch it was a year old. As I have said, on any well moderated board, BoilerPride would have been banned years before I even came back to this one.

Come on buddy, you add a lot to this page, stuff like that is silly, no reason to want to start a meaningless online arguement because you’re bored lol

Yes..thing is I enjoy both of their posts. On this one Michael wanted to stir it up, I hope one day that stuff ends. There’s not many of us, at least we can try to be civil with each other.

Reactions: z_one and DocRon
Come on buddy, you add a lot to this page, stuff like that is silly, no reason to want to start a meaningless online arguement because you’re bored lol
Okay, I admit I used him as a children's squeaky toy on that one. It's just he's so simple and easy to provoke because he has no idea of how to handle any kind of disagreement like an adult. He just blows up like a spoiled toddler.

Purdue women’s basketball’s newest commit, 2025 four-star Avery Gordon, breaks down why she chose the Boilers.

"I knew Katie Gearlds had a plan for me as soon as I would walk on campus and I knew I had a place there”

Premium on Boiler Upload ⬇️

Okay, I admit I used him as a children's squeaky toy on that one. It's just he's so simple and easy to provoke because he has no idea of how to handle any kind of disagreement like an adult. He just blows up like a spoiled toddler.
Yes. calm it down. This is a women's sports forum and we're all Purdue fans. Let's just enjoy the teams without the potshots at each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT