ADVERTISEMENT

The man has no honor

That is far wittier word play than I would expect from someone whose cognitive function is such he/she communicates primarily through pictures. Perhaps you could teach a class to the others on this board about how to effectively talk trash.
This forum needs a thumbs down symbol because that was a very rude, snide, and arrogant bark on your part.

This forum needs a thumbs down symbol because that was a very rude, snide, and arrogant bark on your part.

Sensitive much? I appreciated his word play. I have not conducted an exhaustive search of the poster's postings but most of them I have seen are a couple words and a GIF. Ergo, he communicates primarily through pictures not words, but he dropped one of the better barbs I have seen on here. He did not use the you are stupid, you are a RINO, etc. fifth grade level of trash talk that predominates on this board. In light of the initial salvo, I do not think the poster was expecting a response commensurate with Emily Post's standards.

Sensitive much? I appreciated his word play. I have not conducted an exhaustive search of the poster's postings but most of them I have seen are a couple words and a GIF. Ergo, he communicates primarily through pictures not words, but he dropped one of the better barbs I have seen on here. He did not use the you are stupid, you are a RINO, etc. fifth grade level of trash talk that predominates on this board. In light of the initial salvo, I do not think the poster was expecting a response commensurate with Emily Post's standards.
Still, don't you think you should apologize for the part about "someone whose cognitive function is such he/she communicates primarily through pictures." Remember, it is likely a Boilermaker you were responding to.

Still, don't you think you should apologize for the part about "someone whose cognitive function is such he/she communicates primarily through pictures." Remember, it is likely a Boilermaker you were responding to.

Trash talk is by its nature hyperbole. OP took a shot; I fired back. Pretty sure in light of his other postings he is not crying in his tea. Plus, the selection of Rodney Dangerfield as his avatar should probably be a clue about his shtick.

Maybe you should go chastise him in his thread "QUESTION!!!!!" where he suggests another member has been committed to a mental institution. In light of today's concerns about stigmatization of individuals with mental health issues, I can only imagine the outrage and umbrage you will display when confronting OP.

And, no, participation on this board is not indicative of matriculation at Purdue. There are all kinds of posters who get awfully quiet when challenged about being Purdue grads.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
If Trump wins both, he is president; if Joe wins one or both, he is not a lock but based on where things stand today it is very hard to see a realistic path to 270 for Trump in that scenario.
Agree, except one small item: If Joe takes both FL and PA, then I would pretty much call that a lock. Joe could lose every single swing state including Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota and still end up with 271.

Trash talk is by its nature hyperbole. OP took a shot; I fired back. Pretty sure in light of his other postings he is not crying in his tea. Plus, the selection of Rodney Dangerfield as his avatar should probably be a clue about his shtick.

Maybe you should go chastise him in his thread "QUESTION!!!!!" where he suggests another member has been committed to a mental institution. In light of today's concerns about stigmatization of individuals with mental health issues, I can only imagine the outrage and umbrage you will display when confronting OP.

And, no, participation on this board is not indicative of matriculation at Purdue. There are all kinds of posters who get awfully quiet when challenged about being Purdue grads.
Matriculate is not the same as graduate, and in any event I was including as a Boilermaker anyone who loyally follows our hoops and football teams despite all the disappointments over the years. So chances are good OP is a Boilermaker.

I will take your advice, however, and chastise him if I see him being rude to you (be warned, OP).

I completely agree with you re stigmatizing people about mental health issues. However, in Biden's case I think it is fair since it is obvious he should not be running for any elective office, especially the highest. I really wish his handlers would face up to that and have him drop out -- and actually won't be surprised if they do that in the coming weeks.

Reactions: rappinrodney
Agree, except one small item: If Joe takes both FL and PA, then I would pretty much call that a lock. Joe could lose every single swing state including Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota and still end up with 271.

Agree, virtually impossible barring some complete surprise. Phrasing was intended to avoid riling up a certain element and hearing about how if NY and CA go to Trump he could still win in that scenario . . .

Matriculate is not the same as graduate, and in any event I was including as a Boilermaker anyone who loyally follows our hoops and football teams despite all the disappointments over the years. So chances are good OP is a Boilermaker.

I will take your advice, however, and chastise him if I see him being rude to you (be warned, OP).

I completely agree with you re stigmatizing people about mental health issues. However, in Biden's case I think it is fair since it is obvious he should not be running for any elective office, especially the highest. I really wish his handlers would face up to that and have him drop out -- and actually won't be surprised if they do that in the coming weeks.

Yes, I am aware of what the word means, and my use of it in the first instance and not in the second instance was intentional and consistent with the point I was intending to make.

Biden is public figure and fair. The person you are defending took that shot at another member of this board, which puts him in the confines of your rule as further articulated. I appreciate your efforts at civility, but in light of nature of the discussion and the forum, we will have to agree to disagree about this instance.

Yes, I am aware of what the word means, and my use of it in the first instance and not in the second instance was intentional and consistent with the point I was intending to make.

Biden is public figure and fair. The person you are defending took that shot at another member of this board, which puts him in the confines of your rule as further articulated. I appreciate your efforts at civility, but in light of nature of the discussion and the forum, we will have to agree to disagree about this instance.
I wasn't defending anyone, just relaying to you how rude your response seemed. Your response was reasonable.

Btw, what point were you trying to make by switching from matriculate in one sentence to graduate in the very next? I took it to mean you thought they are equivalent, and was just trying to help you with your vocabulary.

I wasn't defending anyone, just relaying to you how rude your response seemed. Your response was reasonable.

Btw, what point were you trying to make by switching from matriculate in one sentence to graduate in the very next? I took it to mean you thought they are equivalent, and was just trying to help you with your vocabulary.

Admittedly, not a particularly substantive one, but the word choice was intentional. In the first sentence, I meant to capture anyone who attended Purdue not just individuals who graduated, because individuals who attended Purdue would have a logical reason for being a Purdue fan and participating on this board. In the second sentence, I used graduate, because in my experience that is the formulation that is used when someone's affiliation to Purdue is challenged on this board not you did not attend or graduate from Purdue. My point would have been substantially the same had I used graduated in the first sentence, but I was intending to make the distinction between individuals who attended or graduated from Purdue on the one hand and people who are just fans or trolls on the other hand, which was relevant to our discussion about the recipient of my response and made prior to your clarification re how you were defining Boilermaker which would include certain individuals who I put in the later category.

p.s. I was not asking you to chastise OP on my behalf. As you have witnessed, I am not a shrinking violet, and I am long winded so his post was well taken. I was just showing my response was calibrated to who it was directed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riveting
It’s happening daily with the new trade deal and decreased illegal immigration. Think it through, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you can figure out how less illegal immigration helps with municipalities handouts from healthcare, housing, taxes etc...doesn’t even take an engineering or business degree to figure out either.

yes, Rs have given up on the larger welfare issue and focused on immigration.....
because it is control of the distribution of labor - i.e. top down government managed economy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT