JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Teams by the Rankings:
Texas Tech:

RPI: 23rd
BPI: 11th
Pomeroy: 13th (8th highest remaining in tourney)
AP: 14th
Coaches: 13th
Seed: 3

Purdue:
RPI: 9th
BPI: 4th
Pomeroy: 4th (3rd highest remaining in tourney)
AP: 10th
Coaches: 11th
Seed: 2

Teams by the Statistics:
Texas Tech:

Scoring Offense: 74.9 (146th)
Scoring Defense: 64.6 (15th)
Total Rebounds: 36.17 (127th)
Offensive Rebounds: 11 (112th)
Defensive Rebounds: 25.17 (182nd)
3pt %: 36.4% (102nd)
2pt %: 51.4% (135th)
FT %: 69.6% (247th)
Offensive Efficiency: 113.7 (48th)
Defensive Efficiency: 91.7 (4th)
Adjusted Efficiency Margin: +22.03

Purdue:
Scoring Offense: 80.8 (38th)
Scoring Defense: 65.4 (24th)
Total Rebounds: 35.14 (185th)
Offensive Rebounds: 8.61 (286th)
Defensive Rebounds: 26.53 (83rd)
3pt %: 42.1% (2nd)
2pt %: 54.3% (41st)
FT %: 74.1% (71st)
Offensive Efficiency: 123.3 (2nd)
Defensive Efficiency: 96.4 (29th)
Adjusted Efficiency Margin: +26.85

ESPN's Basketball Power Index: Favors Purdue 73.7%
Current Vegas Line: Purdue 1.5

Prediction:
What this game very likely comes down to is Purdue's offense vs. Texas Tech's defense. Purdue has strong advantages on the offensive side of the ball with their high percentages in 3pt and 2pt shooting along with a high efficiency rating. I believe the game will be won and lost on the offensive games that Carsen and Vince both have. If those two are able to perform at or above their averages with Dakota/PJ/Cline providing key outside shots, I believe Purdue wins this game in the 4-7 point range. Luckily Texas Tech does not bring a post play to this game that will challenge Purdue's post players in the way that could hurt not having Haas in the game. Tech doesn't shoot the ball particularly well and struggles to find consistency on the offensive end but hang their hat on player hard, aggressive defense and turning that in to extra possessions and transition buckets.

Carsen likely doesn't struggle two games in a row and Vince doesn't get himself in to silly foul trouble and both go for 20+...Mathias hits a few key three pointers, and Haarms provides at least 8 hair flips....oh, and PJ goes 3-5 from 3pt land.

Purdue: 79
Texas Tech: 71

Pur 73-70....We catch a break with TT missing FT'S down the stretch........We really are overdo to play a complete game.......

Reactions: samcboiler
Teams by the Rankings:
Texas Tech:

RPI: 23rd
BPI: 11th
Pomeroy: 13th (8th highest remaining in tourney)
AP: 14th
Coaches: 13th
Seed: 3

Purdue:
RPI: 9th
BPI: 4th
Pomeroy: 4th (3rd highest remaining in tourney)
AP: 10th
Coaches: 11th
Seed: 2

Teams by the Statistics:
Texas Tech:

Scoring Offense: 74.9 (146th)
Scoring Defense: 64.6 (15th)
Total Rebounds: 36.17 (127th)
Offensive Rebounds: 11 (112th)
Defensive Rebounds: 25.17 (182nd)
3pt %: 36.4% (102nd)
2pt %: 51.4% (135th)
FT %: 69.6% (247th)
Offensive Efficiency: 113.7 (48th)
Defensive Efficiency: 91.7 (4th)
Adjusted Efficiency Margin: +22.03

Purdue:
Scoring Offense: 80.8 (38th)
Scoring Defense: 65.4 (24th)
Total Rebounds: 35.14 (185th)
Offensive Rebounds: 8.61 (286th)
Defensive Rebounds: 26.53 (83rd)
3pt %: 42.1% (2nd)
2pt %: 54.3% (41st)
FT %: 74.1% (71st)
Offensive Efficiency: 123.3 (2nd)
Defensive Efficiency: 96.4 (29th)
Adjusted Efficiency Margin: +26.85

ESPN's Basketball Power Index: Favors Purdue 73.7%
Current Vegas Line: Purdue 1.5

Prediction:
What this game very likely comes down to is Purdue's offense vs. Texas Tech's defense. Purdue has strong advantages on the offensive side of the ball with their high percentages in 3pt and 2pt shooting along with a high efficiency rating. I believe the game will be won and lost on the offensive games that Carsen and Vince both have. If those two are able to perform at or above their averages with Dakota/PJ/Cline providing key outside shots, I believe Purdue wins this game in the 4-7 point range. Luckily Texas Tech does not bring a post play to this game that will challenge Purdue's post players in the way that could hurt not having Haas in the game. Tech doesn't shoot the ball particularly well and struggles to find consistency on the offensive end but hang their hat on player hard, aggressive defense and turning that in to extra possessions and transition buckets.

Carsen likely doesn't struggle two games in a row and Vince doesn't get himself in to silly foul trouble and both go for 20+...Mathias hits a few key three pointers, and Haarms provides at least 8 hair flips....oh, and PJ goes 3-5 from 3pt land.

Purdue: 79
Texas Tech: 71

Purdue 77-67

Carsen is due for a big game. Both he and Vince will carry team on offense. I think NE will slow Evans on D like he did with Tony Carr this year. It is frustrating for these high scoring PGs when a 6'6 220 guy with NBA quickness checks them full court.

Purdue was here last year and underperformed. I think they come out swinging. This is still their year and some of the pressure is off with Haas out. Experience in this type of environment will pay off.

Will also be pulling hard for WVU to upset 'Nova and open a wider door to San Antonio.

Last edited:
I would say Purdue 76, Texas Tech 71. I think Purdue has got to reach 75 points to win. I would feel a lot happier if Texas Tech fails to hit 70. This is a game I just want to be over. It is completely dependent on which Texas Tech team and which Purdue team shows up. I don't think Purdue has a shot if they don't break 70. They don't shoot it particularly well, which is a huge benefit for Purdue if they can shoot is the 40-45% range from 3.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
T - 60 and counting.....

Boiler Up, my friends.

DYlzeJkXUAAUGAe.jpg

Ooops...I had deleted the nervous post before posting but GBI apparently overruled me and posted it anyway...unfinished as it was...lol!

Reactions: PU pit bull
It’s 8:16 and my arms and legs are just throbbing from adrenaline....I will be a mess by game time! Have tried playing the piano which is usually my “go to” when

Nicely done Tex!!

Sounds like another closet night for the little one.

Without a doubt...I’m so hyper Terry may join Darby anytime now....:oops:
Okay...have actually had 2glasses of my Kilbeggan’s tonight and still 30 minutes till game time...I think this gets harder on me as the years go by...But at the same time, I can’t remember when I’ve enjoyed a Season of basketball more than this one. So let’s go guys! I deserve 4more games!!!!
Hell, it will be 45 minutes before we play. You better have a nutter.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Looks like Haas is not going to play tonight according to these announcers. Sorry so called "expert" announcers, but Edwards is the best guard on the floor, not Evans!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT