ADVERTISEMENT

Sing it Drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that he actually listened and understood someone's perspective? I thought good Christians believed in self-reflection and asking for forgiveness for mistakes that were made...
So I leave for a bit and this forum turns in to a craphole.

I agree with what everyone other than you is saying and what Drew said. He shouldn't of apologized because he didn't say anything wrong, because it was his OPINION and nothing more.

And here is the grand thing, I'm not white! So go ahead and tell me how I am racist or don't understand what the kneeling is supposed to be all about. It will be fun to watch you make the mental gymnastics you will have to go through to process that.

My guess is you're one of the fake outraged white people thinking you can stand up for what us non-whites have gone through without even coming close to experiencing it yourself. So take your false anger and shove it sideways. You are a clueless opportunist and nothing more.

Most people? Step outside of your Fox News worldview and you'll see that by "most people", you mean "Fox News viewers". Truth is he has continued his work well beyond being on the field.
Fox News? WTF? I'm speaking of AA sports personalities. Good lord dude - you only hear what you want to hear. You are so emotionally invested in your position that you dismiss any and all positions that challenge your beliefs -even when they come from African Americans.

Reactions: NG.q15

I agree with what everyone other than you is saying and what Drew said. He shouldn't of apologized because he didn't say anything wrong, because it was his OPINION and nothing more.

And here is the grand thing, I'm not white! So go ahead and tell me how I am racist or don't understand what the kneeling is supposed to be all about. It will be fun to watch you make the mental gymnastics you will have to go through to process that.

My guess is you're one of the fake outraged white people thinking you can stand up for what us non-whites have gone through without even coming close to experiencing it yourself. So take your false anger and shove it sideways. You are a clueless opportunist and nothing more.

Wow....mark the time and date. Nutt and I agree on something!

It's sad that he actually listened and understood someone's perspective? I thought good Christians believed in self-reflection and asking for forgiveness for mistakes that were made...
No. It's sad that Brees has to an issue an apology for a legitimate point of view because he thinks that, in order to function from now on, he must appease a mob that has judged him inherently wrong, guilty, and "less than," and thus must live in such a way as to repent and beg forgiveness from whomever deems themselves entitled to it. This in spite of everything Brees has done for people of all races in his adopted hometown.

If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt from his "teammates" and others who obviously don't know him, it is Drew Brees.

Most people? Step outside of your Fox News worldview and you'll see that by "most people", you mean "Fox News viewers". Truth is he has continued his work well beyond being on the field.
aaaaand now you've just lost all credibility. This transcends political parties and as soon as you try to make it that way like you have, you've pretty much outed that you really don't care about any of this unless it gets your guy voted in.

I called you and opportunist activist earlier and I stand by it even more now.

No. It's sad that Brees has to an issue an apology for a legitimate point of view because he thinks that, in order to function from now on, he must appease a mob that has judged him inherently wrong, guilty, and "less than," and thus must live in such a way as to repent and beg forgiveness from whomever deems themselves entitled to it. This in spite of everything Brees has done for people of all races in his adopted hometown.

If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt from his "teammates" and others who obviously don't know him, it is Drew Brees.
Do you seriously think Drew would bow down to others if he didn’t feel that way? It is much more likely that he sees things differently after discussing it with other players. I for one don’t see Drew as the type of person to appease political pressure.

Think what you want, but Drew did the right thing. Whether it was his opinion or not, he completely missed the point of taking a knee. His statement caused a rift between he and his teammates.

Think what you want, but Drew did the right thing. Whether it was his opinion or not, he completely missed the point of taking a knee. His statement caused a rift between he and his teammates.
I will, you're a opportunist activist and have lost all credibility.

Reactions: JRowdy20
aaaaand now you've just lost all credibility. This transcends political parties and as soon as you try to make it that way like you have, you've pretty much outed that you really don't care about any of this unless it gets your guy voted in.

I called you and opportunist activist earlier and I stand by it even more now.

And I personally don't give a shit if I lost my credibility in your eyes or what you think I am.

Jason Whitlock and Stephen A. Smith? Yes, two black sports commentators speaking on something overrides the many others that supported Kap.

and

Blaming the black community for 70% of black kids coming from single family households is literally identifying systemic racism and then blaming the impact of systemic racism for it.

And I personally don't give a shit if I lost my credibility in your eyes or what you think I am.
Except that I know that you do. That is how you opportunist activists think. You're just some white asshole trying to side with something you don't even come close to understanding which really makes you just as bad as the racists you try to rail against.

You somehow think that you can save us all from your ivory tower just like the south did before the civil war. You are just as oppressive to those of us that have actually lived it.

It's okay because in a week, you'll move on to something else to get angry about while you get your nails done.

Excellent! What was the kneeling supposed to be about?

Do you seriously think Drew would bow down to others if he didn’t feel that way? It is much more likely that he sees things differently after discussing it with other players. I for one don’t see Drew as the type of person to appease political pressure.
I believe it enters into the equation, yes, because it's not just "political" pressure at play here.

Say he does not apologize and is continually vilified and portrayed as some sort of racially insensitive pariah, do you think he keeps his gig with NBC? Will he and his family be shunned or ostracized in New Orleans? Will they be threatened or attacked?

Drew Brees is one of the most intelligent people ever to play in the NFL. I'm sure he was and is well aware of why players were protesting and kneeling prior to games before yesterday and today. He is also aware of the toxic cancel culture that not only threatens to end careers and livelihoods, but vaporizes any and all good deeds regardless of the fatuous nature of those doing the canceling.

Except that I know that you do. That is how you opportunist activists think. You're just some white asshole trying to side with something you don't even come close to understanding which really makes you just as bad as the racists you try to rail against.

You somehow think that you can save us all from your ivory tower just like the south did before the civil war. You are just as oppressive to those of us that have actually lived it.

It's okay because in a week, you'll move on to something else to get angry about while you get your nails done.

Thank you for the laugh.
I believe it enters into the equation, yes, because it's not just "political" pressure at play here.

Say he does not apologize and is continually vilified and portrayed as some sort of racially insensitive pariah, do you think he keeps his gig with NBC? Will he and his family be shunned or ostracized in New Orleans? Will they be threatened or attacked?

Drew Brees is one of the most intelligent people ever to play in the NFL. I'm sure he was and is well aware of why players were protesting and kneeling prior to games before yesterday and today. He is also aware of the toxic cancel culture that not only threatens to end careers and livelihoods, but vaporizes any and all good deeds regardless of the fatuous nature of those doing the canceling.

One can be intelligent but also be misguided. I don't think anybody denies that Drew Brees is one of the most intelligent / cerebral QBs to have played. That doesn't mean he is right on everything.

Look at Ben Carson... an amazingly intelligent individual and fantastic surgeon... and yet, he has been wrong on many issues / stances.

Thank you for the laugh.
Glad you got a laugh out of being exposed. Your further posts just keep proving me right.

One can be intelligent but also be misguided.
Which probably best explains you on this topic. Again, you never will go through anything racists against you since you're white and therefore never will understand this whole thing nor have a shred of credibility to critique others on how they feel.

Which is what started this whole thing when you somehow lumped everyone in to one group because they support the vets and disagree with kneeling. Somehow you made the connection that just because people disagree with the kneeling it somehow means they don't appreciate vets of color which has been shown to be the furthest thing from the truth. As I said I am not white and appreciate vets and think the kneeling at the anthem is just opportunist activism.

It's also funny that the same things you whined about in this thread yet don't understand yourself have essentially made you an oppressive hypocrite.

Glad you got a laugh out of being exposed. Your further posts just keep proving me right.

Which probably best explains you on this topic. Again, you never will go through anything racists against you since you're white and therefore never will understand this whole thing nor have a shred of credibility to critique others on how they feel.

Which is what started this whole thing when you somehow lumped everyone in to one group because they support the vets and disagree with kneeling. Somehow you made the connection that just because people disagree with the kneeling it somehow means they don't appreciate vets of color which has been shown to be the furthest thing from the truth. As I said I am not white and appreciate vets and think the kneeling at the anthem is just opportunist activism.

It's also funny that the same things you whined about in this thread yet don't understand yourself have essentially made you an oppressive hypocrite.

Cool. What was the kneeling about?

As for not being white, that doesn't really mean much at all. Racism against the black community is very prevalent in the hispanic, asian and other communities of color. That being said, I don't know you and I hadn't read any of your posts other than calling me an opportunistic activist. Therefore, I have no idea if you're racist or have racist beliefs. Recognize as well that bringing light to or simply using the term systemic racism doesn't make one white, nor should it even matter what color, race or ethnicity that person is.

Thank you, btw, for the kind words in calling me intelligent.

Reactions: LionBulldog83
Thank you for the laugh.

One can be intelligent but also be misguided. I don't think anybody denies that Drew Brees is one of the most intelligent / cerebral QBs to have played. That doesn't mean he is right on everything.

Look at Ben Carson... an amazingly intelligent individual and fantastic surgeon... and yet, he has been wrong on many issues / stances.
"Misguided," "right," "wrong" according to whom?

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
As for not being white, that doesn't really mean much at all.
Quoting this before you can change it. I never said what race I was but this comment here is hands downn the most retarded thing I have read in all of this. Congrats. I mean seriously, you have breached the highest levels of ignorance and show that you are not even remotely for equality unless it fits your opportunistic agenda. You know Kappernick is mixed right? So basically you just admitted he doesn't matter much at all.

You might want to just stop now while you are behind, your true intent is clear in that you are a racist and just want to further keep the minority people under your control. How many confederate flags do you own by the way? 12 I'm guessing.

Mods need to lock this thread. There was no way this topic wasn't going to turn in to the slap fight that it did.

People we have a forum for things like this. We get enough of the politics and social justice from the news and this site is an escape. Keep it in the right forums and yes I am just as guilty.

Jason Whitlock and Stephen A. Smith? Yes, two black sports commentators speaking on something overrides the many others that supported Kap.

and

Blaming the black community for 70% of black kids coming from single family households is literally identifying systemic racism and then blaming the impact of systemic racism for it.

wait, wait, wait...Are you saying that black people ARE NOT responsible for 70% of black kids being born to single mothers?

Please explain.

Thank you for the laugh.

I'm guessing you think that every black conservative Republican is wrong on every issue they support?

Quoting this before you can change it. I never said what race I was but this comment here is hands downn the most retarded thing I have read in all of this. Congrats. I mean seriously, you have breached the highest levels of ignorance and show that you are not even remotely for equality unless it fits your opportunistic agenda. You know Kappernick is mixed right? So basically you just admitted he doesn't matter much at all.

You might want to just stop now while you are behind, your true intent is clear in that you are a racist and just want to further keep the minority people under your control. How many confederate flags do you own by the way? 12 I'm guessing.

Lol what? Thanks for taking the first part of my quote and not the whole thing in context. Let's go ahead and complete my quote.

"As for not being white, that doesn't really mean much at all. Racism against the black community is very prevalent in the hispanic, asian and other communities of color."

Do you deny that or are you saying only white people can be racist against the black community?

Mods need to lock this thread. There was no way this topic wasn't going to turn in to the slap fight that it did.

People we have a forum for things like this. We get enough of the politics and social justice from the news and this site is an escape. Keep it in the right forums and yes I am just as guilty.

No one made you open and read this thread. Move on if you don't like it.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I'm guessing you think that every black conservative Republican is wrong on every issue they support?

Not in the least. I agree with Tim Scott's stance on some issues.

And again, take a look at the impact of the GI bill and the policies related to policing and how that has impacted the % figure you keep quoting. That statistic is, through and through, the impact of systemic racism.

Lol what? Thanks for taking the first part of my quote and not the whole thing in context.
Na the context is clear. You only try and limit it's impact by tossing in cursory comments after. You realized what I quoted was accurate in how you feel so you followed it up with some bogus cover.

You've done nothing to disprove my response. Not a thing.

Not in the least. I agree with Tim Scott's stance on some issues.

And again, take a look at the impact of the GI bill and the policies related to policing and how that has impacted the % figure you keep quoting. That statistic is, through and through, the impact of systemic racism.

Please share with me how you're connecting the dots of how the GI bill 70 years ago equates to 70% of black children being born to single moms.

Also of interest, is that when the GI bill which you claim negatively impacted blacks in the 50's and 60's should have been having it's largest negative impact, you also had higher marriage rates among blacks.
In 1960, 61% of blacks were married, but by 2008 it was only 32%.

Again, these are not opinion, these are facts.

Na the context is clear. You only try and limit it's impact by tossing in cursory comments after. You realized what I quoted was accurate in how you feel so you followed it up with some bogus cover.

You've done nothing to disprove my response. Not a thing.

Thank you for demonstrating how propaganda works. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it is now clear. You, sir, are a ****ing idiot.

And because I can't help myself... PBS had a great piece on racism in Latin America. You can read about it here:

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/black-in-latin-america/about/

Here's also a fantastic piece from a student at Brown on anti-blackness among Asian-Americans:

https://blogs.brown.edu/ethn-1650b-s01-2018-fall/asian-americans-and-the-legacy-of-antiblackness/

and

PK,
Still waiting the explanation of who's responsible for that 70% number.

Thank you for demonstrating how propaganda works. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it is now clear. You, sir, are a ****ing idiot.
Whats funny is you didn't even see that the thing you are saying here is the EXACT crap you have been doing, I just turned it against you. So no sir, YOU are the effing idiot because you didn't see that you were getting played using the very same tactic you were trying to use on here against others.

Game. Set. Match. Run along now to your next topic with your oppressive opportunistic activism. You truly don't give two craps about the plight of the black people and you aren't fooling anyone anymore. You'e just as bad as the racists you claim to be against.

My work here is done. And you lost with your fake outrage.

Reactions: JRowdy20
PK,
Still waiting the explanation of who's responsible for that 70% number.

I'd be happy to connect the dots for you, but you have proven time and time again that you aren't interested in that data. I've been through this before... I happily provide the data from reputable non-partisan sources and then the only response I get is crickets. If you want to engage, I will provide.

The links I provided earlier dive deep into the lasting impact that the GI bill (among many other policies) has had in destabilizing the black community. Things like wealth accumulation and education (all significantly impacted by redlining) influence that statistic. Redlining pushed WW2 black and brown veterans into "less desirable" zones, which were subject to higher police presence. Less wealth means the inability to afford adequate attorneys. Combine that with higher police presence and you get higher incarceration rates, and more single-family homes.

Whats funny is you didn't even see that the thing you are saying here is the EXACT crap you have been doing, I just turned it against you. So no sir, YOU are the effing idiot because you didn't see that you were getting played using the very same tactic you were trying to use on here against others.

Game. Set. Match. Run along now to your next topic with your oppressive opportunistic activism. You truly don't give two craps about the plight of the black people and you aren't fooling anyone anymore. You'e just as bad as the racists you claim to be against.

My work here is done. And you lost with your fake outrage.

Cool. I wasn't in it to compete with you or anyone else. But I'm glad you are happy with scoring an Internet point for yourself, champ. :D:D:D:D:D

My two cents worth, 45 made it all about disrespecting the flag, the country and our military. Kap never did, he PEACEFULLY protested against racial injustice against the the black race and too many of you took the bait 45 threw in the water. Was at Purdue and the few protests held there against the Vietnam War when worst things happened with draft cards and the flag and were very unpopular by many but grew to a point that the US finally changed, the war and the dead became unpopular and we got the hell out of there!!

Last edited:
He was wrong or he didn’t hold the same belief that liberals deem appropriate for a black man in his position to hold? Because I definitely think it’s the latter. Which would be an example of the left trying to manipulate a man of color for their benefit which would be racist and a a form of slavery of the mind.

My two cents worth, 45 made it all about disrespecting the flag, the country and our military. Kap never did, he PEACEFUL protested against racial injustice against the the black race and too many of you took the bait 45 threw in the water. Was at Purdue and the few protests held there against the Vietnam War when worst things happened with draft cards and the flag and were very unpopular by many but grew to a point that the US finally changed, the war and the dead became unpopular and we got the hell out of there!!

Well stated.

I'm certain he was getting push back from sponsors. There was literally thousands of people chanting "F*** Drew Brees" in the streets last night. He was definitely pressured into that apology.

He was wrong or he didn’t hold the same belief that liberals deem appropriate for a black man in his position to hold? Because I definitely think it’s the latter. Which would be an example of the left trying to manipulate a man of color for their benefit which would be racist and a a form of slavery of the mind.

I'm not sure what you were getting at, but I was talking about his statements on pyramids and on medicare fraud being in the $500 billion range. I won't touch upon the young earth creationist beliefs, though those could be thrown into that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT