ADVERTISEMENT

senator tim scott

Since you like questions, let me ask you a few.

Should Blacks believe that the 13th Amendment should be abolished? You know the one that freed the slaves.

Should Blacks believe that they were doing well 100 years after slavery? Before you answer, this was the Jim Crow era.

Should Blacks believe that Harriet Tubman did not free the slaves? In that she had them go work for other white people.

Should Blacks believe that there should not be affirmative action? The very program that allowed blacks to enter colleges and universities.

Should Blacks believe that the 3/5 compromise was a way to end slavery?
Who said that the 13th amendment should be abolished? As I recall there are a lot oc scholars who point out that the 13th amendment should be changed to eliminate the loophole. Is that what you are talking about?

Who said that the 13th amendment should be abolished? As I recall there are a lot oc scholars who point out that the 13th amendment should be changed to eliminate the loophole. Is that what you are talking about?
Kanye West said it. He also said that Harriet Tubman did not free the slaves. She had them go work for other white people.

So owning a copy of the Quran makes someone a non Christian? Holy Cow!

It does not. But, rejecting the divinity of Jesus and not believing in the resurrection, virgin birth, the trinity, or miracles probably does -- at least by most definitions of Christianity -- even if Jefferson called himself a Christian.

Kanye West said it. He also said that Harriet Tubman did not free the slaves. She had them go work for other white people.
Kanye West said the loophole should be changed because the 13th amendment still allowed slavery. You do a real good job of picking those statements and phrases that justify your views. The US has a dark dark history concerning slavery, no doubt. The US also has a very strong history of improving the lives of everyone although it is far far from perfect. Today, looking backward, there is no way to justify slavery, period. Trashing the country because of its ugly past isn't the answer. BNI, your view seems to be that your views are gospel and any person who doesnt line up with all of your views is a racist if they are white or one of your descriptor of blacks if they dont.

Kanye West said the loophole should be changed because the 13th amendment still allowed slavery. You do a real good job of picking those statements and phrases that justify your views. The US has a dark dark history concerning slavery, no doubt. The US also has a very strong history of improving the lives of everyone although it is far far from perfect. Today, looking backward, there is no way to justify slavery, period. Trashing the country because of its ugly past isn't the answer. BNI, your view seems to be that your views are gospel and any person who doesnt line up with all of your views is a racist if they are white or one of your descriptor of blacks if they dont.
Crazy Kanye West said nothing about a loophole. He said abolish the 13th Amendment. The 13th Amendment did abolish slavery and goes on to say with the exception of punishment of a crime. If crazy Kanye was talking about the prisoners in the prison system working for basically nothing, I’m sure you and others in this board don’t want to increase their pay to $15 an hour or whatever minimum wage.

Crazy Kanye West said nothing about a loophole. He said abolish the 13th Amendment. The 13th Amendment did abolish slavery and goes on to say with the exception of punishment of a crime. If crazy Kanye was talking about the prisoners in the prison system working for basically nothing, I’m sure you and others in this board don’t want to increase their pay to $15 an hour or whatever minimum wage.
here it is.

Regarding the prisoners I assume you know they are incarcerated because they are convicted criminals. Yes, I know the black people are sentenced more severely than corresponding white prisoners and that should definitely be corrected. If we are going to pay them competitive wages for the outside honest people then they should start paying for their room and board. Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
here it is.

Regarding the prisoners I assume you know they are incarcerated because they are convicted criminals. Yes, I know the black people are sentenced more severely than corresponding white prisoners and that should definitely be corrected. If we are going to pay them competitive wages for the outside honest people then they should start paying for their room and board. Right?
You need to bring that argument to crazy Kanye not me.

What is your fascination with slavery? Slavery was abolished over 150 years ago.

Do you think slavery is still to blame for some problems in the black community?

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
What is your fascination with slavery? Slavery was abolished over 150 years ago.

Do you think slavery is still to blame for some problems in the black community?
Were black people welcomed into society with open arms after slavery was abolished?

Reactions: BNIBoiler

Dude, you expose your white privilege every time you ask a dumbass question like that. Most black people care about what happened during slavery sans the Gumbo/Sambos. I mainly bring up slavery to point out what the dumbass comments the Gumbo/Sambos have said about it. That’s one of the topics that get them admitted it the club.

Hell yeah slavery is still to blame. Slavery led to 100 years of Jim Crow. We currently are experiencing Jim Crow more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire. Ask your black friends you say you have.

Dude, you expose your white privilege every time you ask a dumbass question like that. Most black people care about what happened during slavery sans the Gumbo/Sambos. I mainly bring up slavery to point out what the dumbass comments the Gumbo/Sambos have said about it. That’s one of the topics that get them admitted it the club.

Hell yeah slavery is still to blame. Slavery led to 100 years of Jim Crow. We currently are experiencing Jim Crow more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire. Ask your black friends you say you have.

Tell me what problem in the black community today (violent crime, gangs, 70+% unwed mothers, poverty) is the result of slavery which ended in 1865?

Have you personally been negatively impacted as a result of slavery? If so, how were you able to overcome it to become a successful Purdue grad?

• Love
Tell me what problem in the black community today (violent crime, gangs, 70+% unwed mothers, poverty) is the result of slavery which ended in 1865?

Have you personally been negatively impacted as a result of slavery? If so, how were you able to overcome it to become a successful Purdue grad?
The answer to your 1st question is yes to all those you mention. You have to understand, slavery was bad it of itself. That crap in the constitution about all men are created equal was bullsh*t. Slaves weren’t even considered full human beings. Then slaves were upgrade as 3/5 of a person so that the southern states can count them in their census to get reps in Congress. Then after slavery you had 7 years of reconstruction. Those years may been the best years for blacks in America. Blacks were free, able to vote, even held public office to state government and US Congress. After 7 or so years after slavery was over, all hell broke loose with Jim Crow. Could not vote, KKK on the rise. The Black Wall Street Massacre in Tulsa, OK where anywhere from 200 to 300 blacks were slaughtered and black businesses were burned down. Lynchings were widespread. Blacks were taken out of their homes and strung from trees. Blacks in the south could not go to the local public schools let alone colleges. Could not by homes wherever they wanted. At the same time being culturally believed that white is superior and black is inferior. The 60’s come and got that jackass Bull Connor authorizing the fire department to fire hose those young black teenagers. You had the KKK bombing the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL., killing 4 little black girls. You had the brutal lynching of Emmitt Till. Blacks were left behind the 8 ball. Many were forced to live in poverty because of discrimination. Poverty leads to crime. The drug trade offered quick money to some that led to more despair for others. The following generations continued this cycle. Thank goodness for the Civil Rights and Voting Rights bills. It has gotten a lot better since then but there is ways to go.

Every black person in America is negatively impacted by slavery in one way or another. Some in the form of housing discrimination, job discrimination, racial slurs hailed at them, people jumping out of elevators etc. Some more than others. Believe it or not black immigrants for example from the continent of Africa do not know that they are black until they come to this country. Because of the racist nature of this county throughout the years, they find out pretty quick what it is like to be black in America. As for me, I was fortunate to be born in a pretty diverse city in NW Indiana. Both my parents had good jobs. Most of the kids dads worked in the steel mills. Just because a black person may be able to go to college, doesn't exempt them from racism. Even at Purdue, I remember 2 racist incidents. Some tried to burn a cross outside the Black Cultural Center and it was either another cross burn attempt or some racial graffiti on the black fraternity house, Alpha Phi Alpha on Waldon St.

You don't know the definition of a racist. What you just said is ignorant. It is foolish to call someone a racist for pointing out racism.
Have you pointed out any of the current racism, perpetrated by young black males, or are you stuck in the 1960s?z

"You dont know the definition of racism....." Okay, sure

The answer to your 1st question is yes to all those you mention. You have to understand, slavery was bad it of itself. That crap in the constitution about all men are created equal was bullsh*t. Slaves weren’t even considered full human beings. Then slaves were upgrade as 3/5 of a person so that the southern states can count them in their census to get reps in Congress. Then after slavery you had 7 years of reconstruction. Those years may been the best years for blacks in America. Blacks were free, able to vote, even held public office to state government and US Congress. After 7 or so years after slavery was over, all hell broke loose with Jim Crow. Could not vote, KKK on the rise. The Black Wall Street Massacre in Tulsa, OK where anywhere from 200 to 300 blacks were slaughtered and black businesses were burned down. Lynchings were widespread. Blacks were taken out of their homes and strung from trees. Blacks in the south could not go to the local public schools let alone colleges. Could not by homes wherever they wanted. At the same time being culturally believed that white is superior and black is inferior. The 60’s come and got that jackass Bull Connor authorizing the fire department to fire hose those young black teenagers. You had the KKK bombing the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL., killing 4 little black girls. You had the brutal lynching of Emmitt Till. Blacks were left behind the 8 ball. Many were forced to live in poverty because of discrimination. Poverty leads to crime. The drug trade offered quick money to some that led to more despair for others. The following generations continued this cycle. Thank goodness for the Civil Rights and Voting Rights bills. It has gotten a lot better since then but there is ways to go.

Every black person in America is negatively impacted by slavery in one way or another. Some in the form of housing discrimination, job discrimination, racial slurs hailed at them, people jumping out of elevators etc. Some more than others. Believe it or not black immigrants for example from the continent of Africa do not know that they are black until they come to this country. Because of the racist nature of this county throughout the years, they find out pretty quick what it is like to be black in America. As for me, I was fortunate to be born in a pretty diverse city in NW Indiana. Both my parents had good jobs. Most of the kids dads worked in the steel mills. Just because a black person may be able to go to college, doesn't exempt them from racism. Even at Purdue, I remember 2 racist incidents. Some tried to burn a cross outside the Black Cultural Center and it was either another cross burn attempt or some racial graffiti on the black fraternity house, Alpha Phi Alpha on Waldon St.
Yawn*

Have you pointed out any of the current racism, perpetrated by young black males, or are you stuck in the 1960s?z

"You dont know the definition of racism....." Okay, sure
What racism perpetrated by young black males?

What racism perpetrated by young black males?
Here's an example, since you like to cherry pick examples:
Since you live close to Chicago (although not in Chicago), I'm sure you're aware of the gangs of young black males who have been targeting the mag mile and N Michigan ave on summer evenings. They show up in large packs, assault people (almost all white) on the street, steal purses, phones, etc. This has happened several times in the last few years but it doesn't get a lot of media coverage because it goes against the liberal narrative.
Why aren't packs of white kids coming down from the north shore and doing the same thing?

It must be tough to go through life with that big of a chip on your shoulder.

I feel like you want this utopian society where skin color doesn't matter but at the same time, the first thing you do in any of your posts is mention skin color? So which is it?

You want to be treated like everyone else but then when you're not, you automatically go with the race card. Maybe some people don't like you because they don't like the content of your character (Thank you Dr. King).

Reactions: Crayfish57
Here's an example, since you like to cherry pick examples:
Since you live close to Chicago (although not in Chicago), I'm sure you're aware of the gangs of young black males who have been targeting the mag mile and N Michigan ave on summer evenings. They show up in large packs, assault people (almost all white) on the street, steal purses, phones, etc. This has happened several times in the last few years but it doesn't get a lot of media coverage because it goes against the liberal narrative.
Why aren't packs of white kids coming down from the north shore and doing the same thing?
That ain’t racism. Those are criminals doing criminal things. White folks being attacked in The Loop is because 99% of the people walking around in The Loop are white.

But it was black on white racism, correct?
I'll play your game. No, that wasn't black on white racism. Blacks get beat down by people like this all the time. These folks don't discriminate. Why do you think they are shooting each other up in these cities? They are also jumping people like this plus car jacking in the Chicago and NW Indiana are on the rise. Most of these victims are black. Because these folks don't discriminate, I stay out of Gary, IN and the bad Chicago hoods. No reason to go there anyway. However, this stuff happens anywhere like The Loop as you pointed out.

I'll play your game. No, that wasn't black on white racism. Blacks get beat down by people like this all the time. These folks don't discriminate. Why do you think they are shooting each other up in these cities? They are also jumping people like this plus car jacking in the Chicago and NW Indiana are on the rise. Most of these victims are black. Because these folks don't discriminate, I stay out of Gary, IN and the bad Chicago hoods. No reason to go there anyway. However, this stuff happens anywhere like The Loop as you pointed out.
Ok, just so I'm clear.... What you're saying is that groups of blacks don't attack white people based on skin color, it's only a situation of opportunity?

Reactions: goboilers2
Ok, just so I'm clear.... What you're saying is that groups of blacks don't attack white people based on skin color, it's only a situation of opportunity?
Yes sir. Opportunity. I’m not saying that it has not happen or will not happen but for the most part is thugs doing thug things.

Yes sir. Opportunity. I’m not saying that it has not happen or will not happen but for the most part is thugs doing thug things.
Oh, I have no doubt they're thugs doing thug things. But why don't we see groups of white teens doing this?

Reactions: goboilers2
Oh, my bad. I forgot white teens don’t commit crimes. Forgive me.
I never said that. Lots of white teens commit crimes. But, we're talking about packs of teens acting like wild animals rampaging through place like Michigan Ave or downtown DC attacking, robbing and beating people. I just don't see very many videos or reports of white teens doing that.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I never said that. Lots of white teens commit crimes. But, we're talking about packs of teens acting like wild animals rampaging through place like Michigan Ave or downtown DC attacking, robbing and beating people. I just don't see very many videos or reports of white teens doing that.
Whatever. So what’s your point.

Whatever. So what’s your point.
The point is, you're always questioning why police interactions with black people is more frequent of that blacks are treated differently by the cops. Do you think this is all interconnected?

I'd have to disagree. I think this kind of behavior starts at home and it starts with a lack of discipline, specifically having a father in the house who's going to tune you up when you get out of line.
It’s a good thing that you don’t raise any horses. If you did, they will all be dead.

What does the percentage of the population who are Christian have to do with anything? The early settlers were here as part of a business enterprise. Religion was a secondary and a later reason for colony development.

"England made its first successful efforts at the start of the 17th century. Most of the new English colonies established in North America and the West Indies, whether successful or otherwise, were proprietary colonies. Proprietors were appointed to found and govern settlements under mercantile charters granted to joint stock companies. Soon, there was a rapid increase of English colonial activity, driven by the pursuit of new land, trade, and religious freedom.

The Thirteen Colonies were the colonies on the Atlantic coast of North America, starting with Virginia in 1607, and ending with Georgia in 1733. The colonies were Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Each colony developed its own system of self-government."

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-ushistory/chapter/the-british-empire-in-north-america/#:~:text=The Plymouth Company was given,settlements at Jamestown in 1607.
You need to check you history, BS.

Libs love revisionist history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT