ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes the Communists tell you what's really going on

Fascism is the intertwining of business and government. No matter what you say. Mussolini had the big companies having a seat in the governing body. We have that but with the illusion that we don’t. They just buy the people who sit.
So you're saying that we agree that we primarily have a Fascist system, not a Capitalist one. You can thank FDR for that.
Let’s see what other stupid shit you have to say.

Well at least we know who you are. You’re a guy who was born on third base and thinks you hit a triple. If it’s harder to hit the shark tank lottery, I’m good with that.
WFT are you talking about? Born on 3rd base? I know you think I've said stupid shit, but only because your views are ill informed.
My great grandfather had a store he opened after years working as a butcher when he got to this country. Turns out the new deal made it possible for him to have tons of customers with disposable income. Factory guys who didn’t have two nickels to their name in 1928… when he barely made it as he fed the less fortunate as much as he could with anything he could find.
Everyone barely made it during the Great Depression. Just because a program came out and gave temporary relief means it was the best way to go about things. You're using anecdotal evidence to support more bad ideas. That's exactly what the left does all the time. They ignore the big picture.
I’m pretty good with many many working people doing better than they would if it means that a guy who wants to hit the toy lottery has some more barrier to entry. Oh, it turns out big corporations love barriers to entry.
This is just stupid. You think it's a good thing for it to be harder for people to start new business?

Do you think it's good that places like GM, Ford and Chrysler have near monopolies in the auto industry here in the US? Do you have any idea how hard it is for new companies to come along? It's all due to the high amount of regulation. They want the regulation because it gives them protection from new companies entering the marketplace.
Yeah, I know you’re for a free market Arthur. Say hi to Randolph for me. Unfortunately, so is everyone in Washington, as even fake lefty AOC went to Boston university and grew up in affluence. Why do we have any problems?
No they aren't. You keep saying this but it's literally the opposite that we are getting. Regulation keeps going up, not down. That's not the actions of free market people.
What happened to that 21 trillion? You still haven’t said. Turns out unfettered capitalism consolidates wealth and power and allows those with that wealth and power to buy politicians, rig markets and corrupt the system.
I don't know. I haven't looked into it. Why are you obsessed with me knowing where it went? Why don't you tell me if you know?

Dumb. That's not what unfettered capitalism does. There are plenty of examples of what unfettered capitalism does, and it isn't what you just described. What you described is crony capitalism. Not a free market.

Hong Kong used to be a perfect example.
I’m all for big block grants to the states. Better use of the money than giveaways to the people who buy the system. Waste is far more prevalent today than it was in the new deal. The idea of the new deal was to strengthen the commons; I.e. the national parks through the WPA. Once money became more and more prevalent in politics that’s when the real waste started. Those who come from your world view buying politicians who in turn hand money over to them.
The ONLY reason why waste is more prevalent now is because government is bigger.

FDR's own Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Morgenthau, Jr, said the spending they did doesn't work.

On May 9, 1939, Henry Morgenthau, Jr., the secretary of the treasury and one of the most powerful men in America, had a startling confession to make. He made this remarkable admission before the influential Democrats who ran the House Ways and Means Committee. As he bared his soul before his fellow Democrats, Morgenthau may have pondered the irony of his situation.

Here he was -- a major cabinet head, a man of great authority. The source of his power, of course, was his intimate friendship with President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Morgenthau was the president's longtime neighbor, close confidant, and -- would be for over a decade -- his loyal secretary of the treasury. Few men knew the president better, talked with him more, or defended him more faithfully. Eleanor Roosevelt once said Morgenthau was one of only two men who could tell her husband "categorically" that he was wrong and get away with it. Roosevelt and Morgenthau liked to banter back and forth at cabinet meetings, pass each other secret notes, meet regularly for lunch, and talk frequently on the phone. Morgenthau cherished a photo of himself and the president in a car, side by side, friends forever, with Roosevelt's inscription: "To Henry," it read, "from one of two of a kind."

But in May 1939, Morgenthau had a problem. The Great Depression -- the most devastating economic catastrophe in American history -- was not only persisting, in some ways it was getting worse. Unemployment, for example, the previous month had again passed the 20 percent mark. Here was Morgenthau, the secretary of the treasury, an expert on finance, a fount of statistics on the American economy during the 1930s; his best friend was the president of the United States and the author of the New Deal; key public policy decisions had to go through Morgenthau to get a hearing. And yet, with all this power, Morgenthau felt helpless. After almost two full terms of Roosevelt and the New Deal, here are Morgenthau's startling words -- his confession -- spoken candidly before his fellow Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee:

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong...somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises....I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started....And an enormous debt to boot!"

I understand the theoretical nonsense that Friedman stood for. It ignores the market rigging that the wealthy and powerful will always engage in once they gain said money and power.
There is not market rigging in a true free market. That's crony capitalism. That's what happens when you allow people to get into politicians pockets. Lobbyists. What Friedman stands for is superior to everything else.
Again, you still haven’t told me the last conservative administration that kept costs low.
Because it's not about the president. Congress has just as much if not more control over that than the president. Congress takes the suggested budget of a president and makes changes before they pass it. Then the president can either sign or veto it. If he veto's the budget given to him, the prior budget gets enforced.

Reagan was one of the better ones and I think Trump could have been better on the overall deficit if given his 2nd term because of his tax cuts which started to increase revenue right as Biden came into office. However, until someone is willing to come in and wholesale dump full departments, spending will never go down.
They all believe in the free market that allows the wealthy to use economies of scale to crush the working man. And then they engage in all of the corruption on top of it. And that’s also Biden, Obama, the Clintons etc.
Again, that's not free market. Not at all. I'm a bit troubled at the fact that you don't know this. What you're describing is cronyism, which is pretty much a function of Fascism.
No shit it’s bad. It’s also what happens when you move away from the new deal toward neoliberalism. Nobody involved in the loss of that money spent their time looking out for labor. That’s exactly what happens when everyone in Washington is on the side of management.
I don't know what you're talking about here since you don't quote me directly like I'm doing here. What I have learned though is that you don't have a full understanding of the many different economic systems and you're putting blame on a free market system faults of a different system.
“My grandfather was a toy mogul” lol.. no shit dude
What?

So you're saying that we agree that we primarily have a Fascist system, not a Capitalist one. You can thank FDR for that.

WFT are you talking about? Born on 3rd base? I know you think I've said stupid shit, but only because your views are ill informed.

Everyone barely made it during the Great Depression. Just because a program came out and gave temporary relief means it was the best way to go about things. You're using anecdotal evidence to support more bad ideas. That's exactly what the left does all the time. They ignore the big picture.

This is just stupid. You think it's a good thing for it to be harder for people to start new business?

Do you think it's good that places like GM, Ford and Chrysler have near monopolies in the auto industry here in the US? Do you have any idea how hard it is for new companies to come along? It's all due to the high amount of regulation. They want the regulation because it gives them protection from new companies entering the marketplace.

No they aren't. You keep saying this but it's literally the opposite that we are getting. Regulation keeps going up, not down. That's not the actions of free market people.

I don't know. I haven't looked into it. Why are you obsessed with me knowing where it went? Why don't you tell me if you know?

Dumb. That's not what unfettered capitalism does. There are plenty of examples of what unfettered capitalism does, and it isn't what you just described. What you described is crony capitalism. Not a free market.

Hong Kong used to be a perfect example.

The ONLY reason why waste is more prevalent now is because government is bigger.

FDR's own Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Morgenthau, Jr, said the spending they did doesn't work.

On May 9, 1939, Henry Morgenthau, Jr., the secretary of the treasury and one of the most powerful men in America, had a startling confession to make. He made this remarkable admission before the influential Democrats who ran the House Ways and Means Committee. As he bared his soul before his fellow Democrats, Morgenthau may have pondered the irony of his situation.

Here he was -- a major cabinet head, a man of great authority. The source of his power, of course, was his intimate friendship with President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Morgenthau was the president's longtime neighbor, close confidant, and -- would be for over a decade -- his loyal secretary of the treasury. Few men knew the president better, talked with him more, or defended him more faithfully. Eleanor Roosevelt once said Morgenthau was one of only two men who could tell her husband "categorically" that he was wrong and get away with it. Roosevelt and Morgenthau liked to banter back and forth at cabinet meetings, pass each other secret notes, meet regularly for lunch, and talk frequently on the phone. Morgenthau cherished a photo of himself and the president in a car, side by side, friends forever, with Roosevelt's inscription: "To Henry," it read, "from one of two of a kind."

But in May 1939, Morgenthau had a problem. The Great Depression -- the most devastating economic catastrophe in American history -- was not only persisting, in some ways it was getting worse. Unemployment, for example, the previous month had again passed the 20 percent mark. Here was Morgenthau, the secretary of the treasury, an expert on finance, a fount of statistics on the American economy during the 1930s; his best friend was the president of the United States and the author of the New Deal; key public policy decisions had to go through Morgenthau to get a hearing. And yet, with all this power, Morgenthau felt helpless. After almost two full terms of Roosevelt and the New Deal, here are Morgenthau's startling words -- his confession -- spoken candidly before his fellow Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee:

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong...somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises....I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started....And an enormous debt to boot!"

There is not market rigging in a true free market. That's crony capitalism. That's what happens when you allow people to get into politicians pockets. Lobbyists. What Friedman stands for is superior to everything else.

Because it's not about the president. Congress has just as much if not more control over that than the president. Congress takes the suggested budget of a president and makes changes before they pass it. Then the president can either sign or veto it. If he veto's the budget given to him, the prior budget gets enforced.

Reagan was one of the better ones and I think Trump could have been better on the overall deficit if given his 2nd term because of his tax cuts which started to increase revenue right as Biden came into office. However, until someone is willing to come in and wholesale dump full departments, spending will never go down.

Again, that's not free market. Not at all. I'm a bit troubled at the fact that you don't know this. What you're describing is cronyism, which is pretty much a function of Fascism.

I don't know what you're talking about here since you don't quote me directly like I'm doing here. What I have learned though is that you don't have a full understanding of the many different economic systems and you're putting blame on a free market system faults of a different system.

What?
Wow Arthur, you sure do have a lot of time on your hands when granddad gives mommy and daddy a silver spoon feed you with. I’ll have to answer this when I’m done working lol.

Guy whose grandpa was a toy mogul doesn’t want people to preserve their dignity after a lifetime of contributing to society - tonight at 9

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Wow Arthur, you sure do have a lot of time on your hands when granddad gives mommy and daddy a silver spoon feed you with. I’ll have to answer this when I’m done working lol.
Wrong. I grew up poor. I worked my ass off on my dads farm from a very young age. I drove a stick shift pickup truck at age 8 and my first semi truck at age 12. I did eventually get something from my grandfather, but I was already an adult.
Guy whose grandpa was a toy mogul doesn’t want people to preserve their dignity after a lifetime of contributing to society - tonight at 9
Wrong again. My grandpa had nothing to do with toys in his professional career. You keep assuming outcomes and are wrong.

I want all people to preserve dignity, but big government is not the answer.

Perfect example is Social Security. As I showed before, if people took those funds and invested them on their own, they would have made about 4x the amount they will get back from Social Security. On top of that, if a person dies early, they paid all that money into SS and got nothing out of it. Their family members get nothing. In a private investment scenario, if someone dies early, their family get what's left.

So in the government version your family loses all of that money if you don't live long enough. In a private scenario all of that money stays in the family. The private option is superior in every way.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerHuff3
Wrong. I grew up poor. I worked my ass off on my dads farm from a very young age. I drove a pickup truck at age 8 and my first semi truck at age 12. I did eventually get something from my grandfather, but I was already an adult.

Wrong again. My grandpa had nothing to do with toys in his professional career. You keep assuming outcomes and are wrong.

I want all people to preserve dignity, but big government is not the answer.

Perfect example is Social Security. As I showed before, if people took those funds and invested them on their own, they would have made about 4x the amount they will get back from Social Security. On top of that, if a person dies early, they paid all that money into SS and got nothing out of it. Their family members get nothing. In a private investment scenario, if someone dies early, their family get what's left.

So in the government version your family loses all of that money if you don't live long enough. In a private scenario all of that money stays in the family. The private option is superior in every way.

Looks like a lack of understanding of farmers and farm work ethic. Guy doesn't understand hard work means more than 40 hours. As a cattle rancher all my life I get it though. Sure you got something from Gpa, but if like me, I would have been better off getting farm wages and managing them vs any inheritance I might get someday.

And you are right on about SS. Just another Govt program robbing from the middle class. Anyone would be much better off managing the SS contributions on their own. Govt is NEVER the answer, Govt is the problem.

Big Govt...... Reagan said the wisest statement about that... "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. "

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT