ADVERTISEMENT

Roster's biggest need

Apr 23, 2010
Purdue does not have a legitimate Big Ten ball handling guard on its roster.

Octeus fell out of the sky - - imagine the season without him

It could be Bryson Scott, but CMP has not been able to break him in 2 seasons - - not sure its possible
It could be PJ Thompson, but I don't think that he has to body or necessary quickness

It isn't Dakota
It isn't Weatherford
It isn't Ryan Cline

If Swanigan doesn't come, it has to be a juco or a 5th year guy - - without a guard that can handle the rock under extreme pressure, next year will end much the same.

RECRUIT A GUARD

How can you just say Weatherford isn't a solution? Have you even seen him play before he has the mindset, athleticism, and size to be a solid PG. PJ will be solid he is a smart player that just needs to get a little quicker.

Dakota is great, but when facing the press when trying to finish a win, it sure would be nice to have a Lewis Jackson (or even a Ronnie Johnson). I think that CJ Walker can be that kind of player. I think that PJ can get closer, but he needs to work on his body and get as quick and explosive as possible. Scott has the quickness and athleticism, but needs better ball handling and decision making. Not sure about Weatherford, yet. I also think that guys like Vince and even Hammons can really help.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This is not a knock on Octeus, but it is the truth. Everyone thinks Octeus is irreplaceable next year. Umm...wasn't he our ball handler in all of these games where we blew a late lead because of a press? No, its not all his fault, but he was iffy with the ball a lot. We are going to be fine at the point position next year. If we play Dakota at the "point" along with Davis, Stephens, and Edwards, we'll be able to switch on all screens. So, we won't have to worry about having a super quick guy to defend the point. We'll be just fine with Scott and PJ, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT