ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

Nov 3, 2015
This is the first time I can remember Kansas finishing in the top 3 in the recruitment of an Indiana HS player. Obviously IU is in there but it made me think if Purdue recruited Romeo? Because Purdue is a much more attractive destination in state at the moment.

at one time, painter recruited Romeo hard. Even C Edwards recruited him while they were on the world teams together. But romeo didn't seem to be interested in Purdue. So painter kind of moved on and recruited hunter and Isiah and Tyger.

I don't think the bridge was totally burned. but it would be interesting if Romeo changed his mind and expressed an interest once again in Purdue. and that's something I don't believe romeo has ever done.

Reactions: wolf42pb
Shouldn't be, the answer is Adidas, end of story.

are you implying he's on the take? or do players actually choose schools based on the shoes they wear ? Because of the arches, I prefer new balance. What college would that make me?

I don't think the bridge was totally burned. but it would be interesting if Romeo changed his mind and expressed an interest once again in Purdue. and that's something I don't believe romeo has ever done.
I would peg the odds of that happening at 0%. As mentioned earlier, Romeo is an ADIDAS kid

Reactions: Lazz81
at one time, painter recruited Romeo hard. Even C Edwards recruited him while they were on the world teams together. But romeo didn't seem to be interested in Purdue. So painter kind of moved on and recruited hunter and Isiah and Tyger.

Thanks for the info ! Cant blame Painter there one bit. Always tricky when you put your eggs in one basket especially when every school in the country is after a certain player. I put it under 10% he goes to Kansas with two McDonalds all American guards already in the fold. He would tare it up with Carsen Edwards

I think Romeo likes IU, but he also wants to win. and that won't be happening at IU next year. Vandy has added a couple of prime freshmen. They might try a 1 year run. Kansas makes the most sense, but he waited too long, and now Kansas has other players at his position. and I doubt he wants the competition.

like bowen, I believe he waited too long to make up his mind and decision. Sure teams have scholarships left. But they don't want to totally fill up on just guards.

a key factor - does romeo still expect to be a one and done player? or is he willing to stay for awhile?

I think Romeo likes IU, but he also wants to win. and that won't be happening at IU next year. Vandy has added a couple of prime freshmen. They might try a 1 year run. Kansas makes the most sense, but he waited too long, and now Kansas has other players at his position. and I doubt he wants the competition.

like bowen, I believe he waited too long to make up his mind and decision. Sure teams have scholarships left. But they don't want to totally fill up on just guards.

a key factor - does romeo still expect to be a one and done player? or is he willing to stay for awhile?
I personally along with many others feel that's why is holding out until the spring to commit to see what players leave and stay from KU.

are you implying he's on the take? or do players actually choose schools based on the shoes they wear ? Because of the arches, I prefer new balance. What college would that make me?
You would have fit in well in the Intramural B-League at Tri-State.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
I wouldn't say on the take, it's just how recruiting works for these high end recruits now. If Louisville wouldn't have had the FBI blow up, he would already be signed there. If he was a Nike kid, he would be going to either UK or Duke.

Garland commits to Vanderbilt, shortly afterwards Romeo comes out with his top 3 with Vanderbilt 1 of them. It's also a straight shot down I-65 .If your a 1and done why not stay close to home.
ow can that possibly be???......we are told by the posters here he will go to an Adidas school.
:)

Garland commits to Vanderbilt, shortly afterwards Romeo comes out with his top 3 with Vanderbilt 1 of them. It's also a straight shot down I-65 .If your a 1and done why not stay close to home.
No doubt he and Garland are tight. He is also tight with Grimes from KU. I'm telling you it's 50/50 vandy and iu. He was at the iu game Sunday as well.

Like you said, Kansas filled up. That's the reason Self cancelled his trip to see Romeo last week. (This is according to the insiders on the IU site)
Graham and Svi are seniors... but if Vick leaves early, which is probably 50/50 at this point, that leaves a spot for three freshman guards to start. I don't see in anyway possible Self doing that when he knows Vick is a maybe. Never heard him canceling a trip to go see a top 5 player....Appreciate the information though

Graham and Svi are seniors... but if Vick leaves early, which is probably 50/50 at this point, that leaves a spot for three freshman guards to start. I don't see in anyway possible Self doing that when he knows Vick is a maybe. Never heard him canceling a trip to go see a top 5 player....Appreciate the information though
You also have Newman, KJ Lawson, and Charlie Moore, and Sam Cunliffe in the guard department. You guys seem pretty loaded at the 1-3 spot.

Romeo is their messiah, they were all disappointed when they saw Vanderbilt on his final 3 list.

You also have Newman, KJ Lawson, and Charlie Moore, and Sam Cunliffe in the guard department. You guys seem pretty loaded at the 1-3 spot.
Also Marcus Garrett who is a 6'5 freshman from Dallas .Malik Newman is just not that good, plain and simple. I think the anticipation was him playing one year at KU. I wouldn't be shocked to see him try to go pro which would be laughable. I really like Cunliffe and surprised why he isn't getting more playing time since he's been eligible. Charlie Moore is the most curious case because he's really good but we have a five star freshman pg coming in, Devon Dotson, who Self is saying is the best point guard he has ever gotten. I think if we haven't gotten a commitment from Q Grimes KU getting Langford would be much more likely. Basically Langford is a long shot but not counting it out by any means

Apologies not trying to turn this into a KU board just wanted to clarify your statement.

Reactions: Boilersss
Romeo is their messiah, they were all disappointed when they saw Vanderbilt on his final 3 list.
Both of those things are true. I don't read that as 75/25 though. That would be like saying Tyger is 75/25 to UCLA now that he is taking an official there.

Agree. Seems like a disappointment overall in college (Miss St included).
Totally agree, if we weren't so thin with bench options at the guard position he would be finding himself pretty far down on the bench. I didn't watch much of him at Miss St well because its Miss St.

Romeo knows where he’s going , just my opinion. He’s got to be careful after the fbi fiasco with Louisville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT