ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans for Biden

Because they are voting on principles......the word you used......because principles are more important than policy at this point in our history. A democracy functioning as the framers intended is more important than any policy. I don't think most republican anti trumpers believe in the same dire predictions you do.......but even so, policies can be reversed and often are. The damage trump is doing to our republic can have lasting effects.

Are you spinning Trump's position to make yourself feel better or convince me?

He's already saying there are ballot issues. He's claiming we already have voter fraud and ballot box stuffing. He speaks of it as a certainty.......ergo the election is rigged. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. He can't lose unless the election is rigged.......all current information says that's not true........but he's already saying it's rigged because there is ballot fraud, that it's a fact.

Btw, why don't you explain how the Dems are going to rig the election in states with a republican SOS. Why don't you explain how all these mail in ballots going to dogs and dead people are only going to democrats. Why don't you give some evidence of this vast conspiracy of Democratic state officials across the country working together to defeat trump.
If you are willing to accept the left’s policies that would inevitably come with Biden/Harris, you basically have no Republican principles.

Reactions: SKYDOG
If you are willing to accept the left’s policies that would inevitably come with Biden/Harris, you basically have no Republican principles.
You're not listening or comprehending or it's just easier for you to ignore it. The anti trump Republicans have made there reasons for voting for Biden quite clear.

If you don't know what the reasons are you should do some research. If you know but disagree that's fine. But to dismiss these lifelong conservatives based on policy alone is you simply closing your eyes, covering your ears and making loud noises so you don't have to see/hear them.

When trump is gone they will be the ones you're fighting against for the future of the party.

From a real conservative Republican.

OPINION
I was a Republican governor of Pa. I’m voting for Joe Biden. | Opinion
Posted: September 27, 2020 - 5:00 AM

Tom Ridge, For The Inquirer

I will cast my vote for Joe Biden on Nov. 3. It will be my first vote for a Democratic candidate for president of the United States. But it is not the first time I have said “no” to Donald Trump. I urge my fellow Pennsylvanians to join me.
I actually consider it a point of personal pride that I’m recognized for being among the first Republicans to reject Donald Trump. It was way back in December 2015. I told NBC’s Chuck Todd that day that I could never support Trump. I said then that he was an embarrassment to the Republican Party and our country. I said he belittles, demeans, and ridicules people who disagree with him, and that I’ve never thought that loud, obnoxious, and simpleminded solutions to complex problems are the kind of qualities we want in a president. I believe that earned me my first of several Trump tweets of indignation.
So here we are in 2020. And do we ever have complex problems that demand thoughtful, intelligent leadership. We are getting none of it. I cannot help but compare our current situation dealing with a global health pandemic to my time leading the Department of Homeland Security following the 9/11 terror attacks. There are many similarities to our national response. Those similarities, however, do not include presidential leadership.

Many of us remember when President George W. Bush, with megaphone in hand, stood on the rubble in lower Manhattan and told his fellow citizens and the world that those responsible for the brutal carnage of 9/11 would be held accountable. His remarks unified the country and his appearance on the mound at Yankee Stadium days later put an exclamation point on the message that America was resilient and would overcome.

Compare and contrast that with the crisis of today. Imagine the impact of President Trump traveling to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention back in February, and talking plainly about the challenge Mother Nature intended to throw at us, and how this country, working together, public and private sector, would confront it with all the fortitude and resources we could bring to bear. Then imagine him meeting with journalists the next day, appearing with a face mask, and calmly walking through the steps that his fellow citizens could and should take to do their part to combat this new challenge. Imagine the difference in attitude and outcomes. Perhaps I have more trust in Americans being able to handle the truth than the president.
Donald Trump has proven over these last four years he is incapable of such leadership. It is not within him. He lacks the empathy, integrity, intellect and maturity to lead. He sows division along political, racial and religious lines. And he routinely dismisses the opinions of experts who know far more about the subject at hand than he does – intelligence, military, and public health. Our country has paid dearly in lives lost, social unrest, economic hardship and our standing in the world.
“While I do not agree with many of Biden’s policies, I do know him to be a decent man who can begin to undo the damage President Trump has caused.”
Tom Ridge
With just about one month until Election Day, President Trump continues to claim the only way he can possibly be defeated is a rigged election. Can you imagine the hubris? Can you imagine any other president in our lifetime — or ever — saying something so dangerous and un-American? We are in the midst of a health crisis, when we should be doing all we can to help citizens vote safely, yet he continues to cast doubt on the sanctity of the vote. He’s done so multiple times here in Pennsylvania. It’s deplorable, yet utterly consistent with past reprehensible behavior.

Vice President Biden and I both know that supporting his candidacy now certainly won’t dissuade me from speaking out later when I disagree with him. But we surely will do so with civility and respect, not with childish name-calling and twitter tirades. Joe Biden has the experience and empathy necessary to help us navigate not only the pandemic, but also other issues that have fractured our nation, including social injustice, income inequality and immigration reform.
Whether the Republican Party can restore itself or not, I don’t know. Whether it wants to or not, I don’t know that either. But what matters to me is that the core group of conservative principles I held as a young man when I cast my first vote decades ago are with me today. They are the same principles exhorted by my party’s forebears -- Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan. Those principles have been indispensible to me in deciding to extend my hand of support to Joe Biden, who I believe absolutely must be America’s next president.

Pennsylvania voters, along with voters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Florida, are likely to ultimately determine the next president. So much is at stake. For me, voting is not just a privilege, but a responsibility. And this year, I believe the responsible vote is for Joe Biden. It’s a vote for decency. A vote for the rule of law. And a vote for honest and earnest leadership. It’s time to put country over party. It’s time to dismiss Donald Trump.

Tom Ridge is a former Republican governor of Pennsylvania and first U.S. secretary of Homeland Security.
The Inquirer’s Opinion pages typically do not publish endorsements of candidates written by individuals. However, the editors made an exception for this piece by former Gov. Ridge due to its news value.

Posted: September 27, 2020 - 5:00 AM
Tom Ridge, For The Inquirer

Gee, Bob, Ridge is a lot like you, leaving out inconvenient facts. He lauds Bush 43 for 'unifying the country' but overlooks the disastrous and idiotic Iraq invasion as if it didn't happen - just like you left out Vietnam from your '75 years of success' rant. He did leave out the mindless 'laughingstock" charge you are fond of, but otherwise he is your kind of guy.

Oh, for a return to the good old days of military adventures and regime change....right, Bob?

Gee, Bob, Ridge is a lot like you, leaving out inconvenient facts. He lauds Bush 43 for 'unifying the country' but overlooks the disastrous and idiotic Iraq invasion as if it didn't happen - just like you left out Vietnam from your '75 years of success' rant. He did leave out the mindless 'laughingstock" charge you are fond of, but otherwise he is your kind of guy.

Oh, for a return to the good old days of military adventures and regime change....right, Bob?
Yeah, and Ridge is also an avid unfettered free trader, despite the fact that we’ve helped make China into a global behemoth bent on supplanting the US as the world’s preeminent power. All of that unfettered free trade, malfeasance, and IP theft has made China a rouge, colonialist superpower. Ridge helped sell the USA down the river just like the Bushes and Kasich did.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Riveting
Yeah, and Ridge is also an avid unfettered free trader, despite the fact that we’ve helped make China into a global behemoth bent on supplanting the US as the world’s preeminent power. All of that unfettered free trade, malfeasance, and IP theft has made China a rouge, colonialist superpower. Ridge helped sell the USA down the river just like the Bushes and Kasich did.
... and Joe and his Wall Street and establishment buds.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

So you ignore Ridge's criticisms of trump because you know they're true or you're simply embarrassed to admit you support him......or both......and return to your half baked theory that inexperienced and unqualified Intel officials are better than career experts.

You're like dogshit on my shoe.

The war in Vietnam was filled with Intel failures........as are all wars. One could argue that's why we Lost but that would be neglecting the lack of support for the war at at home and commitment of the communist backers of NV and guerrilla warfare and our observance of borders and many other things.

The war itself didn't happen because of a failure of Intel. The war was a reaction to the spread of communism and was a decision made by politicians......as was Iraq .......and not the intelligence community. Many times the Intel is good but the decision is bad.......because leaders aren't listening.

In our current situation, we have a leader that not only doesn't want to listen, but believes his way is the right way regardless. When you surround him with political toys like Ratcliffe and O'Brien, you're just asking for trouble. The problem is it probably won't happen until after he is gone and trump will blame the next admin.

This is the third time I've pointed out that intelligence is not an exact science. 70% accuracy is really good. Mistakes happen.

Have you considered all the intelligence victories we've had, most of which we never even hear about?

You've not yet argued that Trump's people are better than their predecessors or why inexperience is preferred or a solution to the problem you say we have. Why don't you answer those questions instead of saying the same shit over and over...........you sound like trump and Hydroxychloroquine. When you know so little about something it's best to keep repeating it.

This is the third time I've pointed out that intelligence is not an exact science.

why inexperience is preferred or a solution to the problem you say we have. Why don't you answer those questions instead of saying the same shit over and over........... When you know so little about something it's best to keep repeating it.

I couldn't have typed a better description of you if I tried.

BYEBOB2020

So you ignore Ridge's criticisms of trump because you know they're true or you're simply embarrassed to admit you support him......or both......and return to your half baked theory that inexperienced and unqualified Intel officials are better than career experts.

The war in Vietnam was filled with Intel failures........as are all wars. One could argue that's why we Lost but that would be neglecting the lack of support for the war at at home and commitment of the communist backers of NV and guerrilla warfare and our observance of borders and many other things.

The war itself didn't happen because of a failure of Intel. The war was a reaction to the spread of communism and was a decision made by politicians......as was Iraq .......and not the intelligence community. Many times the Intel is good but the decision is bad.......because leaders aren't listening.

In our current situation, we have a leader that not only doesn't want to listen, but believes his way is the right way regardless. When you surround him with political toys like Ratcliffe and O'Brien, you're just asking for trouble. The problem is it probably won't happen until after he is gone and trump will blame the next admin.

This is the third time I've pointed out that intelligence is not an exact science. 70% accuracy is really good. Mistakes happen.

Have you considered all the intelligence victories we've had, most of which we never even hear about?

You've not yet argued that Trump's people are better than their predecessors or why inexperience is preferred or a solution to the problem you say we have. Why don't you answer those questions instead of saying the same shit over and over...........you sound like trump and Hydroxychloroquine. When you know so little about something it's best to keep repeating it.
Lighten up, Bob. You are taking all of this way too seriously. I’m just here for the entertainment, and you are very good at providing it. I just wish you could enjoy it as much as I do without all the profanity and so forth.

Here’s an entertaining example in this specific post of yours: In one line, you gripe that this is the third time you have pointed out something. A few lines later, you say “when you know so little about something it is best to keep repeating it.” Do you not see the humor in that, Bob?

Or how about this line of yours: Have you considered all the intelligence victories we've had, most of which we never even hear about? No Bob, I haven’t considered the victories we never even hear about – because I haven’t heard about them. You are really a lot funnier than you give yourself credit for.

Btw, you have fallen for the traditional rick of the “intelligence” deep state – which is, no matter how much they screw things up, they always say they have had a lot of victories but they can’t tell us about them – so we should be sheep and take their words for it.

And wherever did you get that 70% accuracy number? I bet there is some more good humor in that too, so let us know.

PS, did you steal that “dogsht on my shoe” line from Dirty Harry, the one where he said that or something similar to some punk in a courthouse elevator? If so, Joe would be proud because he is known to steal lines himself. In fact, I wonder if he said that when he faced down the notorious Cornpop?

Hey, maybe we should call you Dirty Bobby...?

All in good fun, nothing personal...

Michael R. Pompeo disagrees with you.
I can tell you are disgruntled because Trump changed course on foreign policy and shit canned Obama's apology tour. Let me know when Trump's policies delivers to our number one enemy against terror, 152 Billion dollars to continue supporting their efforts. Let me know when Trump closes his eyes and let's communist China continue their aggressive policies unabated. And let me know when Trump lets Russia invade and retake territories lost after the cold war.
So far his Trump's policies have paid dividends. Look no farther than the Middle East.

Reactions: Riveting
Michael R. Pompeo disagrees with you.
I can tell you are disgruntled because Trump changed course on foreign policy and shit canned Obama's apology tour. Let me know when Trump's policies delivers to our number one enemy against terror, 152 Billion dollars to continue supporting their efforts. Let me know when Trump closes his eyes and let's communist China continue their aggressive policies unabated. And let me know when Trump lets Russia invade and retake territories lost after the cold war.
So far his Trump's policies have paid dividends. Look no farther than the Middle East.
I didn't by GAF what another trump yes man thinks.

The Iran payments have been explained over and over. You don't care or can't read. Just keep repeating.

Obama had a policy to contain China but it failed. Trump had a policy to contain China too.......and so far it's failed. You guys want to give trump a participation trophy for his failed tariff policy. Be my guest.

If Russia invades the Ukraine how is trump gonna stop it? Your characterization that Obama let them take Crimea implies there was something he could do about it. Will Donald deploy American troops if Russia invades another country formally under the USSR? How else will he stop it?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I didn't by GAF what another trump yes man thinks.

The Iran payments have been explained over and over. You don't care or can't read. Just keep repeating.

Obama had a policy to contain China but it failed. Trump had a policy to contain China too.......and so far it's failed. You guys want to give trump a participation trophy for his failed tariff policy. Be my guest.

If Russia invades the Ukraine how is trump gonna stop it? Your characterization that Obama let them take Crimea implies there was something he could do about it. Will Donald deploy American troops if Russia invades another country formally under the USSR? How else will he stop it?
What was Obama's policy to contain China?
Did he have a red reset button in Chinese?
Was he trying to drain their economy by letting the VP's son drain their assets?

I know all about the money in escrow for military equipment that we never delivered because of a hostile regime change. So Obama determined, without consent of Congress, that the Iranian's were no longer a sponsor of terrorists and had the money sent over, in the middle of the night, in a cargo plane. Am I missing something.
Oh wait, Iran is a huge supplier of oil to CHINA!

Reactions: Riveting
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT