ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

giphy.gif

No you were not. It's cool if you want to try and claim you weren't flaming but you were. Now you are trying to backtrack because you were stupid making that claim in the first place.
Whatever I say will not change you mind and your obviously not open to hear others out. Have I called you names in my replies to you? If so, my bad. I think I’ve been pretty straight with you, but you like to stereotype me cause I cheer for IU.

Last edited:
The interesting thing is, as a visitor, you could have done the exact same thing by not being an ass.

nothing I've said is hypocritical. (Look it up.)

You've been the ultimate IU troll on a Purdue board.

You continue to try to make this about me, but it's not. It's about you being an ass on a Purdue forum. With repeated insults.
It’s about you cause I left last night in a very polite way, only to receive an alert with you calling me an ass tonight. I’m not going to lay down to a poster who obviously had an agenda and is clearly trolling. Your not too bright obviously. You don’t reply to me, I don’t reply back. Mommy, why did the kid punch me. Well 85, you called this kid an ass first.

It’s about you cause I left last night in a very polite way, only to receive an alert with you calling me an ass tonight. I’m not going to lay down to a poster who obviously had an agenda and is clearly trolling. Your not too bright obviously. You don’t reply to me, I don’t reply back. Mommy, why did the kid punch me. Well 85, you called this kid an ass first.
BS.

This is about you.

Being an ass.

Insulting me and others.

You're not on the IU forum, you're on the Purdue forum. Act like an ass when you're in someone else's house, you'll get called out.

Stereotypical IU fan.

BS.

This is about you.

Being an ass.

Insulting me and others.

You're not on the IU forum, you're on the Purdue forum. Act like an ass when you're in someone else's house, you'll get called out.

Stereotypical IU fan.

You are not very bright or your reading comprehension is very limited

Somebody talk me down from the ledge on Painter recruiting too many raw 3-stars.

You're fooling nobody.
Who am I trying to fool? What’s my grand scheme? Tell me... what am I doing other than replying to your nonsense. I’m only talking to you. ChoiceBeef and Math must be fooled cause they back me & like my response to you. Heller is Heller, I have no beef with him. He’s a legacy guy so I try to show him some respect. So is everyone - you? Is that the agenda? You want me to apologize to you? Are you desperately seeking an apology?

Who am I trying to fool? What’s my grand scheme? Tell me... what am I doing other than replying to your nonsense. I’m only talking to you. ChoiceBeef and Math must be fooled cause they back me & like my response to you. Heller is Heller, I have no beef with him. He’s a legacy guy so I try to so him some respect. So is everyone - you? Is that the agenda? You want me to apologize to you? Are you desperately seeking an apology?

Just. Stop.

To borrow a phrase: you're embarrassing yourself.

You come on to a rivals board and proclaim a complete falsehood then claim your intention was never to flame? That's been your only agenda since you got here.

You come on to a rivals board and proclaim a complete falsehood then claim your intention was never to flame? That's been your only agenda since you got here.
Nope, sorry you feel that way. Why did I have no issue replying to some posters but had to act like a dick to others?

Nope, sorry you feel that way. Why did I have no issue replying to some posters but had to act like a dick to others?
No reason to act like a dick to anyone here. Reconsider how you respond, regardless of how others approach the subject. Don’t allow others make you act the fool.

I learned by middle school to control my temper, and not go into a rage when others tried to make me. I picked my battles, when, where and how I responded. Read “EndersGame” sometime.

I know you care about this: you're making IU fans look bad.
How do you know I’m an IU fan? I’m on a message board that roughly 20-25 posters view daily. Will I be the water cooler talk in the WL tomorrow? Hey Pete, you see that IU troll posing as an IU fan last night? I get it, your 10 years old too and why you took offense to my prior comment. Get a life, you cannot even talk to an IU fan on a message board without pissing down your leg. If you care about what message board readers think of you or if you think message board posts give you credibility, you have a very sad social life. Keep ruling with an iron fist and your lunchbox!

Reactions: TopSet80
No reason to act like a dick to anyone here. Reconsider how you respond, regardless of how others approach the subject. Don’t allow others make you act the fool.

I learned by middle school to control my temper, and not go into a rage when others tried to make me. I picked my battles, when, where and how I responded. Read “EndersGame” sometime.
You are right. I just tend to treat others based on how they treat me....

How do you know I’m an IU fan? I’m on a message board that roughly 20-25 posters view daily. Will I be the water cooler talk in the WL tomorrow? Hey Pete, you see that IU troll posing as an IU fan last night? I get it, your 10 years old too and why you took offense to my prior comment. Get a life, you cannot even talk to an IU fan on a message board without pissing down your leg. If you care about what message board readers think of you or if you think message board posts give you credibility, you have a very sad social life. Keep ruling with an iron fist and your lunchbox!

your comments in prior posts.

Words really do mean things.

your comments in prior posts.

Words really do mean things.
Depends, not so much on a message board. Lots of fake people here and some would never expect, and that’s not limited to GBI... all message boards for all teams. You would be shocked who are real fans and who are not.

Yeah, we've seen it here.

You wouldn't be the first fake person to post at GBI.

:p
Come on first reasonable post and you go there. I ain’t even mad about it. But on a serious note, lots of fake accounts. I know a former well liked poster here who was BU grad who pretended to be a PU fan so he could cause problems on the IU & PU boards. ive not seen him post here in a year or 2, nor have I spoke to him since we worked together. He did not even like hoops. He just like instigating arguments. I told him that was sad, but I will never share his handle. Be Leary, but don’t take crap off of poster cause many are not here for good reasons.

I,read this epistle and have to wonder, then why are you here? You're here to flame and act like a fool. If you think anyone other than you thinks about you when not here then delusion is thy name.

I,read this epistle and have to wonder, then why are you here? You're here to flame and act like a fool. If you think anyone other than you thinks about you when not here then delusion is thy name.
As I stated many times, my first post was very civil. Then I had insecure posters attacking me. Only took a couple replies before I could get an actual convo without it being condescending, which I had a good convo about incoming PU recruits. I try to only respond civil posters as I read your boards but I try to be selective in my initial posts to avoid a narrative that I’m pumping IU. However, if I’m provoked, I will admit that I puff my chest and lay some smack talk. I actually think I’ve been quite nice to you other than some fun teasing, I did not come at you when you called me brain dead. I laughed, I thought it was funny. You seem agitated though, so I’m not going to push your buttons. As I said previously, I’m pretty respectful to posters who are not seeking an agenda.

As I stated many times, my first post was very civil. Then I had insecure posters attacking me. Only took a couple replies before I could get an actual convo without it being condescending, which I had a good convo about incoming PU recruits. I try to only respond civil posters as I read your boards but I try to be selective in my initial posts to avoid a narrative that I’m pumping IU. However, if I’m provoked, I will admit that I puff my chest and lay some smack talk. I actually think I’ve been quite nice to you other than some fun teasing, I did not come at you when you called me brain dead. I laughed, I thought it was funny. You seem agitated though, so I’m not going to push your buttons. As I said previously, I’m pretty respectful to posters who are not seeking an agenda.

that doesn't work here.

I go to Peegs, I act civil. Regardless what other people post. I'm a "guest" there. If I don't like it, I leave.

You, on the other hand, you came here then acted like an ass. That ain't cool. You weren't cool.

That's why you got what you got.

Reactions: Purdue11
that doesn't work here.

I go to Peegs, I act civil. Regardless what other people post. I'm a "guest" there. If I don't like it, I leave.

You, on the other hand, you came here then acted like an ass. That ain't cool. You weren't cool.

That's why you got what you got.
Oh, I know I can be an ass. Wife tells me all the time. :)

Because I'm tired of the excuses when we miss on a recruit. There's always an excuse.

What team and University do you think you’re following? The deck is stacked and it’s not in Purdue’s favor. Aside from two down years Painter has outperformed anything that fans can reasonably expect given where Purdue falls in the NCAA pecking order. I can completely understand your frustration, but what you call excuses are in fact reality. If that’s not something you want to live with you may want to consider choosing another school to root for.

Villanova has three 5* in the last 5 classes. One of those 5* was NPOY. They aren't exactly hurting for talent.
Most of their team is top100 guys. I'd rather have that than have a team that has to rebuild every year with elite talent. Like most things in life...balance is a good thing

Last edited:
I’m not insecure. You just failed to see the genius in my post saying that Brohm would have gotten IU’s basketball team to the NIT.

What team and University do you think you’re following? The deck is stacked and it’s not in Purdue’s favor. Aside from two down years Painter has outperformed anything that fans can reasonably expect given where Purdue falls in the NCAA pecking order. I can completely understand your frustration, but what you call excuses are in fact reality. If that’s not something you want to live with you may want to consider choosing another school to root for.
There have been many recruits that we could have landed if we had a good closer. Jaren Jackson was all but a Purdue lock until Izzo's visit the night before. He closed the deal.

That seems like many moons ago & Brohm is the real deal. Holt impressed me last season as DC.
I think we will be able to hold onto Brohm for another 5 years. Not sure we can hold onto Holt that long. I know he didn’t do well his first go round as a HC but he will get another shot.

Reactions: Hoogolf
The solution would be for Painter to get an assistant coach who is a known recruiter. Not someone from Creighton who has brought in 1 top 100 player in his career. Every major school has a recruiting Guru. We had one with Cuanzo. We need to find another. That solution good enough for you?
Once again you're right. Painter has to recognize his weakness and do his best to correct it. If he doesn't my prediction for him isn't good. Even though he's a good coach and had some success, I see Archie taking IU to the level that every team wants to be at while Purdue treads water which will get him kicked to the curb. I'm not trying to troll this is truly what I think will happen. If I'm wrong and a few years from now IU still sucks and Purdue is good, I'll tip my cap, but this recruiting class and what it appears Archie will get the following year leads me to believe that IU is going to be very good from here on out. If Purdue had IU's class coming in and we had your class I wouldn't be saying this but that's not how it is.

Last edited:
Once again you're right. Painter has to recognize his weakness and do his best to correct it. If he doesn't my prediction for him isn't good. Even though he's a good coach and had some success, I see Archie taking IU to the level that every team wants to be at while Purdue treads water which will get him kicked to the curb. I'm not trying to troll this is truly what I think will happen. If I'm wrong and a few years from now IU still sucks and Purdue is good, I'll tip my cap, but this recruiting class and what it appears Archie will get the following year leads me to believe that IU is going to he very good from here on out.
Just go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT