ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Bullsh*t. there's nothing to "lighten up". You were trash talking then playing like you weren't.

Don't be a dumb@ss, you won't be treated like you're one, then you won't have to be condescending
Let's back it down a notch and show some class. (Not just 85).
1. Don't go to the "He started it" excuse
2. You control how you respond regardless of the provocation.
3. It is just a sport, one you and I do not participate in. We are spectators. Don't take it so seriously.​

Hoogolf isn't a troll. He came on here and made no bones about who he was and which team he roots for. He was reasonably civil, and opposed to some of the true trolls. I say give him a warm, but civil welcome here.

Did the hint of me saying you would say it if it were IU not alert you that I was joking. Jeez...
And me telling you I wouldn't because it's a stupid. You left out that little part of our exchange. Then you said you didn't believe me but that's because you really are brain dead.

Back it down a notch 85 and show some class.
3. It is just a sport, one you and I do not participate in. We are spectators. Don't take it so seriously.​

Hoogolf isn't a troll. He came on here and made no bones about who he was and which team he roots for. He was reasonably civil, and opposed to some of the true trolls. I say give him a warm, but civil welcome here.

Thanks math

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Let's back it down a notch and show some class. (Not just 85).

Math, I’ll hit u up in the fall. Enjoy the summer!

I don’t care who likes my post. Indy media is correct... the PU insecurity is real.
Why would Purdue be insecure about anything IU? We did really well in basketball for a very long time. Then Purdue moved on to other things like space travel. Funny how when academic rankings come out you have to go way down the list to find IU. And no one was laughing at Purdue last year although you wouldn't know based on the "Indy" media which is basically the IU Star. I don't think IBJ covers basketball.

Reactions: Inspector100
I will apologize to Treed. Maybe she did not say those words about Bowen. But those words were said by several other posters with credibility or at least they post here a lot. If you don't believe me, open up some of the Bowen threads as to why he was not being recruited by Painter.

Why would Purdue be insecure about anything IU? We did really well in basketball for a very long time. Then Purdue moved on to other things like space travel. Funny how when academic rankings come out you have to go way down the list to find IU.

Is this s basketball, football or academic board? Always got to go straight to Academics... lol that’s hilarious.

You claim I should be worried about how Purdue fans look. I don't.

Now you think I'm jealous. I'm not.

you don't impress anyone.

You still don't get it. You're not fooling anyone.

Don’t get what? You are obviously trying to drive an agenda but lack the necessary communication skills to deliver it. Who brought up Geist again from yesterday? You did and in a childish way. How do you survive in society? Poke me and I will pop back.

I edited it before I read this. Who has been kicking your IU ass lately. Okay, Rutgers, but we have a few wins too.
How did PU (3rd rank team) do at Rutgers? I believe IU had a larger winning margin at RU than PU. I thought AM could not coach because he can’t beat RU. Painter had the number 3 team, and need a few breaks to beat RU. You are very limited in trash talking. Crean had 3 SW16 & 2BTT in the past 6 years, 7 guys in the NBA (4 1st rnd picks). What has PU done in the past 6 years? We fired our coach cause it was not good enough. And PU fans call us delusional.

Reactions: TopSet80
Maybe it's time the homers around here call a spade a spade instead of making excuses. Painter just doesn't recruit at a high level.
Well... The spade I see is a guy who deeply misunderstands how recruiting works.

You make offer after offer. Most of them are turned down. Don't put your hopes onto the decision some 17 year old makes. You seem foolish when you become so disappointed that you become petulant on the message board.

How did PU (3rd rank team) do at Rutgers? I believe IU had a larger winning margin at RU than PU. I thought AM could not coach because he can’t beat RU. Painter had the number 3 team, and need a few breaks to beat RU. You are very limited in trash talking. Crean had 3 SW16 & 2BTT in the past 6 years, 7 guys in the NBA (4 1st rnd picks). What has PU done in the past 6 years? We fired our coach cause it was not good enough. And PU fans call us delusional.
Wow, relying on the size of the winning margin. You lost in the BTT did you not, you know, to a bottom feeding team which means maybe we should say IU finished dead last.

Reactions: Inspector100
Wow, relying on the size of the winning margin. You lost in the BTT did you not, you know, to a bottom feeding team which means maybe we should say IU finished dead last.
What can I say, we sucked last year. Lol That’s why I said work on your trash talking, as that’s about the only game that I can point to and say IU did better. Ha

Of course I've heard that before. But what does it mean with this context?

And, what the h*ll is a "homer"?

I'm asking YOU 'now what', because you're the one pressing this issue, insulting other fans.

It's not really different than the self-righteous who said fans were "accepting mediocrity" with prior FB coaches. Okay, so you have a solution?

I mean, other than calling names, like "homer".

Nobody is "biting your head off", or any such stupidity. You made a comment, now I'm looking for solutions.

If all you're doing is "venting" on an internet forum, I get that. But you carried it further than venting when you implied (or left readers to infer) that they were "homers", therefore part of the problem (my words).

I'm genuinely interested in your solution(s), if you have any.
The solution would be for Painter to get an assistant coach who is a known recruiter. Not someone from Creighton who has brought in 1 top 100 player in his career. Every major school has a recruiting Guru. We had one with Cuanzo. We need to find another. That solution good enough for you?

The solution would be for Painter to get an assistant coach who is a known recruiter. Not someone from Creighton who has brought in 1 top 100 player in his career. Every major school has a recruiting Guru. We had one with Cuanzo. We need to find another. That solution good enough for you?
Amen. Not sure who we go and get back if that UCLA guy who got fired - I’ll take him.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Well... The spade I see is a guy who deeply misunderstands how recruiting works.

You make offer after offer. Most of them are turned down. Don't put your hopes onto the decision some 17 year old makes. You seem foolish when you become so disappointed that you become petulant on the message board.
3 top 50 recruits in 13 years. 2 in 1 class (Thanks Zo) and the other was gift wrapped in 2015. You're right, painter has no trouble getting through to top talent.

"good enough for (me)?" Is it good enough for YOU? I guess one of my questions would be, what if that doesn't do the job?

If you think that's going to solve it, then, yes. It's "good enough for (me)", since I was clearly interested in your solution(s).

Don't be so sensitive. If you choose to insult people and call them "homers", you should be prepared to "man up" and offer solid solutions.

Thanks for the follow up.

Reactions: Heller
Don’t get what? You are obviously trying to drive an agenda but lack the necessary communication skills to deliver it. Who brought up Geist again from yesterday? You did and in a childish way. How do you survive in society? Poke me and I will pop back.

One, you apparently don't get what an ass you're being. Either that, or it's your goal. Either way, you are what you are.

You're the only one who mentioned Geist that I saw.

Nobody poked you. You've just been an ass. And got called on it. Again. And again.

One, you apparently don't get what an ass you're being. Either that, or it's your goal. Either way, you are what you are.

You're the only one who mentioned Geist that I saw.

Nobody poked you. You've just been an ass. And got called on it. Again. And again.

Who called me out? You? poprudy? You guys are not basketball fans... you are clown fanboys

Now, if you are done with your agenda, if you want to talk PU hoops, I’m game.

Again, with the insults. You continue to define yourself.

you're behaving as an ass.
Cause you called me an ass just like every other prior response. As I said, you send insults my way, I send them back. This time you finally responded in a respectable way, so any question about PU’s team?

Cause you called me an ass just like every other prior response. As I said, you send insults my way, I send them back. This time you finally responded in a respectable way, so any question about PU’s team?

All I did was hold up the mirror.

Nobody insulted you, yet you let it fly.

No, I would not have any questions for you about "PU's team". Don't take this the wrong way, but after watching this thread I cannot fathom why I would be interested in your opinion of "PU's team".

All I did was hold up the mirror.

Nobody insulted you, yet you let it fly.

No, I would not have any questions for you about "PU's team". Don't take this the wrong way, but after watching this thread I cannot fathom why I would be interested in your opinion of "PU's team".
See... exposed, agenda confirmed. Sad sad little fan boy!!!!

Keep it up. You've fooled nobody.
Are you playing man in the mirror? I mean, you could have saved yourself from being exposed with an agenda by not replying to me and calling me an ass. You clearly had no intention of talking hoops, you made that clear. Again, you are a hypocrit and a real troll. You are now filed into the category of blind loyal fanboy. Congrats!!!!

Are you playing man in the mirror? I mean, you could have saved yourself from being exposed with an agenda by not replying to me and calling me an ass. You clearly had no intention of talking hoops, you made that clear. Again, you are a hypocrit and a real troll. You are now filed into the category of blind loyal fanboy. Congrats!!!!

The interesting thing is, as a visitor, you could have done the exact same thing by not being an ass.

nothing I've said is hypocritical. (Look it up.)

You've been the ultimate IU troll on a Purdue board.

You continue to try to make this about me, but it's not. It's about you being an ass on a Purdue forum. With repeated insults.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT