ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Rutgers Game Thread

This loss in itself is one thing. Problem is we saw the writing on the wall after the Iowa game. We have a serious problem with good defensive game plans.

Reactions: purdueplayer
This is on coaching. Been Purdue’s problem for years
Puhlease...

This was a complete lack of effort by several guards that just got outplayed by their counterparts. Our guards not named Ivey were weak and timid. And clearly IT is hurt. The offense isn't the same running thru Hunter. It's not a coincidence IT hasn't played much and the offense struggled...

Press, press and press again. Will we ever learn how to beat it? It's not just this year. Painter needs to bring in a coach that can teach it. And for God's sake, Ivey ends up on the floor more than the mop team.

Don't learn how to beat the press and hard nosed defense, this is what you get. This isn't about a single half court shot. It's deeper than that.
When will you apologists realize that outside of Ivey, we have no talent at guard? But, everyone keeps telling me we’re fine at guard….
Whatever.

Reactions: BSIT
Well let's not throw the season out just yet. It was a bad loss to say the least, but better now than in March
I said they’re still good. Would you say GREAT after the last two games?

We might have needed Furst for a few minutes to change things up on Harper.

Reactions: BSIT
This loss in itself is one thing. Problem is we saw the writing on the wall after the Iowa game. We have a serious problem with good defensive game plans.
Passing or dribbling out of the trap does seem to be an issue. Unfortunately, it was multiple things. We didn't block out on FT's late in the game, couldn't break the trap or allowed the trap to come.

Hopefully, we learn from this and come back hungry every possession.

Puhlease...

This was a complete lack of effort by several guards that just got outplayed by their counterparts. Our guards not named Ivey were weak and timid. And clearly IT is hurt. The offense isn't the same running thru Hunter. It's not a coincidence IT hasn't played much and the offense struggled...
Exactly right. Too much standing around that isn't coaching that is the players not executing and thinking Rutgers was just going to rollover.

How we respond against nc state will be very telling

Puhlease...

It’s been a problem for years even before these players were in grade school

It looked to me that almost everyone besides Tre and Gillis were complaining about calls and played with way less enthusiasm.

Because the context of his post wrong. We are still a top team with a great shot at a deep run

But let's step off the ledge right?
Nope it needs fixed now or we’ll have another NCAA disappointment. I have lived this movie way too often

Puhlease...

Pat, you think Ivey played good tonight? he forces alot of things got bailed by the refs on at least 2 calls and played pretty bad on D

doesn't say much for our players
Wow! I have more faith that they'll want to learn from this and come back hungry. Might be a good night to get off this board tonight. Do you think Duke or the Zags have poor character kids because they loss to a lesser team?

Reactions: Roeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT